Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Speed plummets with Carp Explosion. :-(  (Read 954 times)

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Speed plummets with Carp Explosion. :-(
« on: July 05, 2012, 03:18:29 pm »

So I send my adventurer in to my fortress that recently died and everything is going at a snail's pace. I little exploration and I find a mass of Carp, Gar Fish, Pike and Alligator Snapping Turtles all fighting each other to the death. I guess that's the reason for the speed problem as it wasn't nearly so slow when I visited a different fortress earlier.  I might be wrong, though.

Is there anyway to wipe them all out with a cheat command or something?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 03:27:04 pm by ptb_ptb »
()==[:::::::::::::>

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Speed plummets with Carp Explosion. :-(
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 10:42:02 pm »

It may also be lag from all the items scatered around and the creatures ocupying the abandoned fortress.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 03:15:49 am »

It may also be lag from all the items scatered around and the creatures ocupying the abandoned fortress.

There weren't any critters to speak of in the fortress. The items might well have been an issue, though.

In the end I retired my adventurer and went back to fortress mode and did a reclaim. Still laggy as heck. Used the DFHack commands Clean and Cleanowned which improved things quite a lot. The carps are still there, though. My sole military guy can't seem to find any weapons and when I send him out to kill stuff he just stands near it and says 'What now boss?'. I don't know why he can't just punch the suckers.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 08:07:06 am »

Dwarf Hack.
Liquids.
MAGMA.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 09:08:28 am »

Dwarf Hack.
Liquids.
MAGMA.

Ha-ha. Yeah, good idea.  Would that work in adventure mode or only fortress mode?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 10:34:25 am »

Doesnt that obsidianize your river...?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 10:51:55 am »

Is that a problem?
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.