Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stockpile Storing Bug  (Read 860 times)

SombreNote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stockpile Storing Bug
« on: July 05, 2012, 11:59:01 am »

Hey Guys,

I love these game upgrades. I am using .11 right now, and I am having a little issue with my stockpiles.

For some reason, I cannot get my eggs delivered to my egg only stockpile. I have another stockpile that I originally designated for all food (including eggs). This stockpile still takes the eggs but I am phasing it out as I make stockpiles for specific items. I find that my old stockpile will still take eggs, but when I turn eggs off they will not bring them to my egg only stockpile.

I am having much the same problem with sweet pods as well. However, I cannot get them to pick my sweet pots, regardless of how many stockpiles there are (they will pick other plants just fine).

I have a great excess of barrels as well.

Does anyone have any ideas about what is going on here? If you guys think it is a bug I will write a bug ticket.

toomanysecrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Jackpot.
    • View Profile
Re: Stockpile Storing Bug
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 12:16:19 pm »

I would try to do a "take from stockpile" from your old one to your new one.  If this doesn't work, the problem may be that the eggs are in a barrel with some plants/meat and the dwarves want to haul the barrel to the new egg-only stockpile but they can't because the other non-egg items prevent it from being a valid haul job. Could be a bug, not likely. There could also just be too many haul jobs.

chmilz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 04:55:50 pm »

Make sure on the new stockpile you didn't use the "block all". That will block animal-based products at the very bottom, thus preventing any eggs from going into it.

From wiki:

Be careful when selecting 'block all' on the subcategories as it can make your stockpiles useless. For example, if you block all the furniture subcategories and then re-enable beds under types, the stockpile won't actually accept anything because it still registers all materials and all quality levels as forbidden. The correct way would be to 'forbid types' and then re-enable beds.

SombreNote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 03:03:32 pm »

yeah, no block all was selected.

"I would try to do a "take from stockpile" from your old one to your new one."

This worked, however I still take not move the eggs directly to the final location. It is a work around. Unfortunately this does not work for my sweet pots. I let the bug go on to long, and I no longer have any sweet pod seeds. So it will be some time before I can by another bath.

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 09:00:41 pm »

Make sure on the new stockpile you didn't use the "block all". That will block animal-based products at the very bottom, thus preventing any eggs from going into it.

Thank you, you just solved someone else's problem (mine!) with that comment.  Just figured I'd let you know. :)