Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Miasma following a dwarf  (Read 2476 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Miasma following a dwarf
« on: July 05, 2012, 11:08:52 am »

I'm assuming that the miasma is following the dwarf because of its run in with a nasty forgotten beast, but how do I deal with the miasma? I suppose I could burrow him in a room and let him starve to death....but I would prefer it if the miasma will actually go away by itself. On the wound section his body parts are written in yellow letters
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Miasma following a dwarf
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 11:10:36 am »

Sounds like he has a rotten body part which needs removing.  If the surgeon won't do it in the hospital zone, maybe Stinky should command his own military squad and equip no armor.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 11:25:22 am »

ahhhhh that would explain it..... have as of yet no hospital...thank you
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 11:38:43 am »

If you are lucky, it will be his eyes that are rotting away. Soldiers with no eyes are so much easier to command than ones that charge at any enemy they see.
This is a blank sig.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 11:39:16 am »

No one with appropriate skills, so a bunch of jewelers are being promoted to Doctors. Hey, don't look at me like that. They know plenty about chiseling things off.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

quarague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 08:09:27 am »

being a good doctor does not really require qualifications. Using dwarfs that have high empathy and enjoy helping others in your hospital is much more useful that employing dwarfs qualified as surgeons or surturers. DF is very realistic  ;)
The skill level only affects the speed of the actual operation, which is not usually important, the empathy decides whether the dwarf will actually do doctor work instead of hauling stones to the garbage, partying, resting, etc. Doctor work has no quality attributes.
More importantly, ... , making the project pointlessly difficult and requiring greatly overcomplicated means to set up  ...
from Sphalerite

chronicpayne

• Bay Watcher
  • The graveyards are full of indispensable men.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 11:46:33 am »

If you are lucky, it will be his eyes that are rotting away. Soldiers with no eyes are so much easier to command than ones that charge at any enemy they see.

How does blindess affects the soliders exactly?

I have an embark with 'blindness' clouds that drift by every now and then.. would they cause permanent blindness?

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 12:03:14 pm »

How does blindess affects the soliders exactly?

I have an embark with 'blindness' clouds that drift by every now and then.. would they cause permanent blindness?

No idea about clouds, but a blind soldier has one very large advantage over his sighted brethren. A blind dwarf will not go after an enemy unless they "bump" into them. This means you can keep your blind dwarves stationed wherever you want them and they will remain in there in their "formation" until the enemy comes to them.

This is opposed to having sighted dwarfs rushing out into the middle of a siege because they can see the enemy.

One more extremely huge advantage of blindness is that a blinded siege operator (being a civilian) will not run away from enemies he sees.
Feeling down? Click Here!