Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forgotten Beasts leaving?  (Read 1593 times)

PainRack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Forgotten Beasts leaving?
« on: July 05, 2012, 01:56:23 am »

Do Forgotten Beasts now leave the map? My FB successfully escapped my enclosure and I noticed and rebuilt it much later... The problem is, there no FB entering my baited enclosure... Is it gone? I'm hesistant to venture forth, since heh, FB silk.......

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Beasts leaving?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 02:05:16 am »

They can leave, and can come back, most-likely is that he's in a part of the caverns that you haven't discovered yet.
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 02:25:15 am »

It may also end up being killed by various cave animal men, if left alone. It kind of makes the whole "Megapowerful beast sealed away since creation" thing hard to believe when a cave swallow man ends up killing it with a blowdart...

Sabreur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 03:17:21 am »

It may also end up being killed by various cave animal men, if left alone. It kind of makes the whole "Megapowerful beast sealed away since creation" thing hard to believe when a cave swallow man ends up killing it with a blowdart...

"Dude, it's been a thousand years.  Just go outside already."
"No way man!  You're made of freaking emerald!  I'm a blob of water!"
"You've been hiding since the Age Of Myth, man.  You need to get some sun, live a little."
"You saw what happened to Dave The Triumph Of Coloring!  I'm not going out there!"
"Oh come on, don't be a wuss."
"Alright, fine... just for a little while, though.  OH GOD A DWARF WITH A PICK ARGlebargle... tell... my wife... I love her..."

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 03:25:35 am »

Correction*

"Chingtingtongchingtong" <- Emerald
"wobblewobblewobble"     <- blob
"Tingtongtangchingslice"
"wob"
"TING"
"WOBWOBWOBBLEWIGGLE"
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 05:19:01 am »

"You've been hiding since the Age Of Myth, man.  You need to get some sun, live a little."
"You saw what happened to Dave The Triumph Of Coloring!  I'm not going out there!"
"Alright, fine... just for a little while, though.  OH GOD A DWARF WITH A PICK ARGlebargle... tell... my wife... I love her..."

*Find me a wife, and tell her I love her
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

PainRack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 06:16:43 am »

Well, I crossed my fingers and opened up the caverns again. Promptly swarmed by wave of mole dogs, but a detailed search of the two caverns layers find no FB. DAMN. There goes my beautiful, silk sacrifice.

My caverns a bit screwed up. It seems that all 3 layers are combined together or something. If my belief is correct, my third cavern is covered in water, there's a tunnel that leads up to the second layer which is mud with some silk, and the first layer is merely 2 layers worth of grass in a small part of the map that directly connects to the second...... I can see where the two biomes change.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 08:52:33 am »

Yeah, I have such a problem in m fort of idiot FBs getting beaten by random creatures. The only animal people nearby manage to kill of one of them, and injure another, and not even one of this incorpreal steam or water ones, flesh and blood. Hell, one of those FBs had webs. One of the amphibian men grabs a title, "pucerelief" tragically. Also a steam fb starts beating on a farmer until he hits back and tears him apart.
Also,
FB dont and cant interact with the world until you release them.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 09:41:30 am »

Also,

How do you know that Dave The Triumph Of Coloring didn't exist in an alternate reality? Or in an alternate reality where FB's are tracked through worldgen?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 09:47:25 am »

Also,

How do you know that Dave The Triumph Of Coloring didn't exist in an alternate reality? Or in an alternate reality where FB's are tracked through worldgen?
They are tracked, the thing is they are deep underground, and world-gen forts arent as stupid as us.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Maxmurder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 12:26:46 pm »

In my current fort most FBs have been content to chill out in the cavern lake. There are like ten down there within about a 20x20 tile area... they can path into my fort, ive even set up traps with bait animals but they wont go for it. Occasionally a dwarf wanders too close and one of the beasts (usually Lat, or Uzog) will lob a glob of extract at them, then descend back into the water. They are only about 50 tiles away from my cavern entrance... watching, waiting, gathering strength. I dread the day they decide to charge the fortress.
The Sponge has become enraged!
Without a nervous system...
The only thing they can feel...
IS ANGER.

Sabreur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 01:23:06 pm »

In my current fort most FBs have been content to chill out in the cavern lake. There are like ten down there within about a 20x20 tile area... they can path into my fort, ive even set up traps with bait animals but they wont go for it. Occasionally a dwarf wanders too close and one of the beasts (usually Lat, or Uzog) will lob a glob of extract at them, then descend back into the water. They are only about 50 tiles away from my cavern entrance... watching, waiting, gathering strength. I dread the day they decide to charge the fortress.

Dude, just leave them alone. They're just chilling out, having a pool party, and here you are talking about bait animals and military responses. Uzog said he was sorry, he can't help it that beards make him sneeze.