Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288088 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #3045 on: September 24, 2013, 10:10:26 am »

If we need more food, I can make cookies. 20 food per person isn't much when counted in cookies.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: September 24, 2013, 10:26:04 am »

I was hesitant to include super low nutrition foods. While technically within the parameters, I thought that would be at least a little against the spirit.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: September 24, 2013, 10:31:36 am »

Also, I made few high-nutrition foods instead of many low-nutrition foods I could have done with the same ingredients. I guess that rule is kinda counterproductive.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: September 24, 2013, 10:53:44 am »

So i buildt a shrine to the goddess of harvest.
Have yet to find a decent name for her.
It's behind the cobble fence along the road, near my farmhouse.
And remember, she only accepts vegetable offerings.
And by that I mean anything which is grown from soil/dirt.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3049 on: September 24, 2013, 12:03:36 pm »

Okay. Before I post the next challenge for the RP server I have to ask something.

Do you guys want an economy?

I can make it happen. We can have shops and protected chests and everything if you want.

If you DO want an economy, the easiest way to implement it would be to swap to a bukkit backend. This would involve no changes for you, really. I was planning to do it anyway. Using a bukkit economy plugin and protection system I can set it up so you have monetary accounts and stores and everything.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: September 24, 2013, 12:09:27 pm »

Okay. Before I post the next challenge for the RP server I have to ask something.

I can make it happen. We can have shops and protected chests and everything if you want.

If you DO want an economy, the easiest way to implement it would be to swap to a bukkit backend. This would involve no changes for you, really. I was planning to do it anyway. Using a bukkit economy plugin and protection system I can set it up so you have monetary accounts and stores and everything.
Yes I would like some form of economy.
Especially if we can trade with the Custom NPCs.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3051 on: September 24, 2013, 12:18:14 pm »

Yes I would like some form of economy.
Especially if we can trade with the Custom NPCs.
To allow trade with the custom NPC's would require an item based economy instead. That means your 'account' would equal however many currency items you had. This is fine too, but its something I'd have to set up.

The CustomNPC mod comes with coin items which by default are not used for anything specific. The coins are Wooden, Stone, Bronze, Iron, Gold, Diamond, and Emerald (though not necessarily in that order)

Since this server is all about building together, I'm going to let you guys determine their denominations. I will include a 'money changer' npc later on to help you get specific coins to trade. If you decide to change denominations later on, we can accomodate that too.

That is assuming you want an item based currency.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: September 24, 2013, 12:31:29 pm »

I wouldn't mind either way.

Assuming credit-like bank accounts, though, how would the initial currency get seeded? Make everyone start out with $x?

Would it eventually be possible for one self-sufficient individual to acquire all of the currency or would there be ways of "creating" money?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3053 on: September 24, 2013, 12:38:23 pm »

Assuming credit-like bank accounts, though, how would the initial currency get seeded? Make everyone start out with $x?

Would it eventually be possible for one self-sufficient individual to acquire all of the currency or would there be ways of "creating" money?
I could set up an NPC which gave out a small stipend each day. I could probably set it up so mobs dropped a few coins too when killed.

I'll ponder on that.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: September 24, 2013, 01:22:44 pm »

I could set up an NPC which gave out a small stipend each day. I could probably set it up so mobs dropped a few coins too when killed.

I'll ponder on that.

You could try to have mob bparts sellable for a miniscule ammount of cons perhaps?
Kind of easy to do with Custom NPCs.. such as.. 64 strings = 5 coins or something like that.
Personally.. I always found the idea of monsters, in various RPGs dropping money, to be rather silly.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 01:25:04 pm by Ultimuh »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3055 on: September 24, 2013, 01:29:11 pm »

Thats not a bad idea. You can also farm string (cotton) so you could farm to make money as well.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: September 24, 2013, 01:31:23 pm »

Thats not a bad idea. You can also farm string (cotton) so you could farm to make money as well.
Was just an example tough. :p

« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 01:33:34 pm by Ultimuh »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3057 on: September 24, 2013, 01:32:16 pm »

Was just an example tough. :p
I know. Its worth considering though.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: September 24, 2013, 01:33:45 pm »

But while editing the NPCs like that, you must have said items in your inventory to make this happen.
And they will be trabsfereed to the NPC, so we will loose some of the stuff while creating trading NPCs

edit: Just keep this in mind.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3059 on: September 24, 2013, 01:34:53 pm »

But while editing the NPCs like that, you must have said items in your inventory to make this happen.
And they will be trabsfereed to the NPC, so we will loose some of the stuff while creating trading NPCs

edit: Just keep this in mind.
I'm aware. I can also set them up in creative mode singleplayer first and just copy them in.
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 220