Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288332 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #2940 on: September 21, 2013, 08:45:18 pm »

Why can't we just use Vanilla tools?
Eh, fine I can enable them. I don't understand the problem with TC tools but I'm no tyrant and I understand that new things are scary I guess.
I don't mind them myself, However you decide wether you wish to enforce that rule or not.
Perhaps enabling the first tier of vanilla tools, then make it harder to get metal tools?
Also, i realized.. with TC, you could make cactus tools?

Edit: Is gregtech going to be in? If so, are you going to be a troll and enable the recipes, but not the new items?
Ye gods, I sure hope not.
besides, isn't that a tech-based mod?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2941 on: September 21, 2013, 08:46:07 pm »

OK, count me back in.

TC really isn't that bad. It's a pain for the first half-hour or so, but then you can set up your stations and learn how to use it.
Not even a half hour. While testing I popped in in survival mode and made all of the required tool stations within 10 minutes, had a set of bone/flint tools within 30.

But its fine, I've re-enabled them. Doing some final test work then I have to update the configs in the client pack.

Eh, fine I can enable them. I don't understand the problem with TC tools but I'm no tyrant and I understand that new things are scary I guess.
I don't use them because I dislike them and want them to die in a fire.
Right but why do you dislike them? In most ways they're exactly the same as vanilla but have a better repair system. Having vanilla tools fucks up the planned tier progression I had in. In fact I'm just removing TC if we're enabling vanilla tools as it serves no real purpose.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: September 21, 2013, 08:46:57 pm »

Now I have to know why. Is it because they're overpowered, you don't like the sprites, or what?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: September 21, 2013, 08:48:30 pm »

Right but why do you dislike them? In most ways they're exactly the same as vanilla but have a better repair system. Having vanilla tools fucks up the planned tier progression I had in. In fact I'm just removing TC if we're enabling vanilla tools as it serves no real purpose.
They don't mesh well with the style of the techmod/techy magic mod culture set up. They come straight out of an adventure game, and I don't like how they fit in. In the name of progression, I would use them anyway, though.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2944 on: September 21, 2013, 08:50:13 pm »

I enjoy TC because I can make a flint knife with a bone handle within the first day of playing and it makes a very good weapon and can be thrown.

Its not really a big deal though. I've made the change, TC is out. I'm not forcing people to play with mods they hate that much. Almost done now.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: September 21, 2013, 08:53:15 pm »

Its not really a big deal though. I've made the change, TC is out. I'm not forcing people to play with mods they hate that much. Almost done now.

D:
whyyyy?

With that said, I guess I can accept a game without TC.. :/
Also, I think it's only a small minority of people who hate it.. I think..

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: September 21, 2013, 08:54:24 pm »

Is dartcraft in? It's 50/50 tech/magic. It's fairly advanced for magic, but some of the stuff with it is downright magical. See: Speed 8 Drills.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: September 21, 2013, 08:56:29 pm »

Noooo! I love TC! Oh well. Why not leave it in? People don't have to use it.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2948 on: September 21, 2013, 08:56:47 pm »

Okay how about I leave TC in with default settings and let you decide which tools to use? It still screws up my planned tiers but I can work around it.

Is dartcraft in? It's 50/50 tech/magic. It's fairly advanced for magic, but some of the stuff with it is downright magical. See: Speed 8 Drills.
God no. I thought about it but dartcraft is so fucking unbalanced its unbelievable when there are no other tech mods. Maybe (long maybe) later on when we unlock some of the magical mods and such, but definitely not from the start.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: September 21, 2013, 08:58:08 pm »

Okay how about I leave TC in with default settings and let you decide which tools to use? It still screws up my planned tiers but I can work around it.

You could try to restrict what tools/weapons to use in the first few tiers?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2950 on: September 21, 2013, 09:03:03 pm »

You could try to restrict what tools/weapons to use in the first few tiers?
The first challenge will restrict you all to nonmetal tools. In fact you can't use metal in crafting for any reason. The ONLY exception to this is finding a metal tool already made in a dungeon chest or something. You can use anything you find from exploring.

Again this is on the honor system. Don't cheat.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2951 on: September 21, 2013, 09:21:16 pm »

Hang on guys, some last minute issues with mismatched IDs. If you're one of the few who grabbed the link already you'll need to redownload once I post that its ready.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: September 21, 2013, 09:27:00 pm »

The pack also doesn't have Biomes O Plenty in it. I copied it from the other server's configs.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2953 on: September 21, 2013, 09:32:04 pm »

The pack also doesn't have Biomes O Plenty in it. I copied it from the other server's configs.
It does now. You guys grabbed it early. :P Which was my fault really.

Okay, now its ready. Link is below in the install instructions.

Rules:
1. Do not be a dick. Seriously. Behave yourselves. This is a cooperative server. PVP will be disabled. The focus here is to build stuff together and cooperate, explore, etc.
2. Do not mess with someone else's stuff without permission. This includes something they are building, or chests in their house.
3. You must live in the city with everyone else. Make yourself a house or something. Don't run several thousand blocks away and play like a hermit. You may as well be in singleplayer if you're doing that.
4. Abide by the challenges and restrictions.

This server is based around light roleplaying and mutual cooperation. At the start, we will essentially be playing vanilla Minecraft with a few tweaks and light mods added. I will post various goals for us to achieve, and as these goals are reached I will unlock or add new mods and change various rules. We will be eventually unlocking a variety of magic based mods and challenges will revolve around building a large sprawling town/city.

Current Challenge: Hold Back the Night!

You've arrived in a hostile world and need a place to settle. Choose your location carefully as this will be your home from here on out.

Restrictions: You may not use metals for crafting in any way. No metal tools. Do not build a smeltery. No metal buckets (I added clay buckets for a reason!) If you build a furnace, you can only use it for cooking food and charcoal.

You may use any items you find from exploration, including metal tools, but you may not craft them.

Requirements to progress:

Choose a site.
Build a camp fire.
Build at least 3 dwellings around the camp fire, each with a bedroom and living room.
Have enough beds to allow everyone to sleep.
Establish a stockpile chest with 10 units of edible food per person. (Edible food is non-raw non-rotten meat or any sort of food crop such as apples or potatoes)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2954 on: September 21, 2013, 09:35:20 pm »

Also: Use caution. Spawn point is on an active volcano. :D
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 220