Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288535 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #2805 on: September 11, 2013, 07:32:06 pm »

Then you forfeit the right to complain. If a valid alternative is present and when informed of it you brush it off, then you don't get to complain.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: September 11, 2013, 07:42:51 pm »

Then you forfeit the right to complain. If a valid alternative is present and when informed of it you brush it off, then you don't get to complain.
You do realize that both the TCo and the Gerg methods of making an iron pickaxe are stupid amounts more annoying than just making an iron pickaxe in vanilla (either you need a toolset or you need a smeltery). Being forced into the mods rather than exploring them in your own time is exactly what is happening here; greatorder has every right to complain.

PPE: Ninja.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2807 on: September 11, 2013, 08:50:09 pm »

Lag's gone, but once I tried to get to iron tools, gregtech just made me throw in the towel.

Situation wasn't helped by a certain person.
What happened?

I can make you a set of iron tools if you like.
I don't think making me a set of iron tools is gonna help.

Basically, the stupidly complex process of even MAKING tools. You need to make a hammer, then you need to make a chisel out of four iron ingots by making plates via the use of the hammer, then you need three sheets of iron, taking a further six iron to make, in order to make a pickaxe.

Basically, I'm fine with the recipes needing more diamonds and the like (IMO, stuff like quarries were too cheap), I could live with the two wood per log, but the stupidly expensive and complex stuff needed to make tools that last more than twenty blocks (thanks again, Gregtech!) is just too much.

Greg gregged too much stuff for me to enjoy it.
Okay. I offered to help. Nevermind that all of those tools are easy to make AND freely available. Or you could use my also freely available smeltery to make TC tools. Sorry you feel its too hard but I like gregtech more than I dislike the slight additional difficulty added to the vanilla tools, though if i could make it not change vanilla recipes I would.

In other news I reported the MFR fluid bug to the guy updating the mod and it is now fixed. Now that's service! Will put it up tomorrow.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 08:52:15 pm by forsaken1111 »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: September 11, 2013, 08:53:46 pm »

Lag's gone, but once I tried to get to iron tools, gregtech just made me throw in the towel.

Situation wasn't helped by a certain person.
What happened?

I can make you a set of iron tools if you like.
I don't think making me a set of iron tools is gonna help.

Basically, the stupidly complex process of even MAKING tools. You need to make a hammer, then you need to make a chisel out of four iron ingots by making plates via the use of the hammer, then you need three sheets of iron, taking a further six iron to make, in order to make a pickaxe.

Basically, I'm fine with the recipes needing more diamonds and the like (IMO, stuff like quarries were too cheap), I could live with the two wood per log, but the stupidly expensive and complex stuff needed to make tools that last more than twenty blocks (thanks again, Gregtech!) is just too much.

Greg gregged too much stuff for me to enjoy it.
Okay. I offered to help. Nevermind that all of those tools are easy to make AND freely available. Or you could use my also freely available smeltery to make TC tools. Sorry you feel its too hard but I like gregtech more than I dislike the slight additional difficulty added to the vanilla tools, though if i could make it not change vanilla recipes I would.

Yeah. Obnoxious as gregtech is, there are ways around it; most involve using other mods. For example, Ironbark Armour isn't gregged.

I love how gregtech has influenced so much stuff we have a word for when it changes a recipe.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2809 on: September 11, 2013, 09:19:30 pm »

Sorry, that wasn't my intention. I was offering to get you started specifically to avoid the problems you're describing because I understand. I went through the same thing. I can set you up with a set of good strong tools to help you get started and avoid the initial difficult cliff. Once you have a set of tinker's construct tools they never break. Well they become 'broken' but you can repair them. A TC pickaxe takes two ingots to make, and the smeltery itself isn't too hard to build if you want to DIY. Don't get frustrated, and don't expect instant advancement. The server is made to be difficult and somewhat grindy but for most things you can avoid that grind.

Also the additional stuff like the hammer and file do last quite a while if you do decide to make them, or you can use the public machines in my place (upstairs). Plate bending machine will make ingots into plates 1 for 1 without a hammer, for example. Whatever you decide, let me know. I don't mind helping.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: September 11, 2013, 11:23:05 pm »

(I don't mean to change the subject or anything, but circumstances require that I inform everyone)

I've got a farm going. You know, the Forestry multiblock that takes a hundred tin electron tubes and two hundred copper to make.

Well, now I've got so many apples I don't know what to do with them all. They're going into a large barrel at the moment, but that might not last. I've not got the infrastructure for a bunch of squeezers, so just about everything that comes out of it is free for the taking.

It's currently growing wheat, potatoes, carrots, and oak trees.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2811 on: September 12, 2013, 05:53:18 am »

If you really dont need the apples I will take them for squeezing.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2812 on: September 12, 2013, 02:50:49 pm »

What's up Ultimuh? Saw your chat just now

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2813 on: September 12, 2013, 03:16:55 pm »

Patch 3:

Either replace your existing MFR-##.zip with this file: https://samrg474.ci.cloudbees.com/job/MFR/42/artifact/artifacts/MFR-42.zip

or if you've not yet applied the patch download the original patch file which has been updated: http://bit.ly/13NcuxG

Fluids now work for all MFR blocks that I have tested.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: September 12, 2013, 03:17:00 pm »

Ah just wondered if you were there.
Also, I have to say, I "borrowed" 2 more buckets, some lava and a stack of copper.
If you don't mind. :p

edit: Also, I may have pilfered a few oreberries from someone.. forgot whoose they were tough.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 03:19:36 pm by Ultimuh »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: September 12, 2013, 06:44:05 pm »

Also, I have to say, I "borrowed" 2 more buckets, some lava and a stack of copper.

edit: Also, I may have pilfered a few oreberries from someone.. forgot whoose they were tough.

Where were they?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2816 on: September 12, 2013, 07:31:37 pm »

I think I broke it.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2817 on: September 12, 2013, 07:49:52 pm »

Its safe now. Until further notice don't attach item transport pipes to MFR blocks. o.o

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: September 12, 2013, 07:57:11 pm »

Where were they?
That's what I don't remember.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: September 13, 2013, 12:31:33 am »

Pink slimes don't appreciate being embiggened.
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 220