Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288552 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #2790 on: September 11, 2013, 09:12:20 am »

Scattered about, but for most people relatively easy to get around. I think the person with a house nearest to spawn is Kaulesh, but he just burned it down, so... However, if you follow the brown road a little ways north, you'll wind up at Forsaken's old house. Work your way down to the portal room, and there will be a portal on the far right that leads to Forsaken's current residence which is presently the most technologically advanced and as a consequence has the most excess resources.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: September 11, 2013, 09:28:44 am »

I did burn it down, but that's just to make rebuilding a bigger house easier. All of my stuff is still there. I've got a magnum torch and a large fence surrounding my compound so it's still safe.

I began rebuilding last night, but didn't finish. It looks crappy - compressed cobble is okay for floors but looks pretty bad as walls. Tonight is going to be dedicated to rebuilding if I get on.

Feel free to stop by if Forsaken's place is too laggy. I don't have any of the advanced machines, but I do have coal-powered basics for IC2, Railcraft coke/blast furnaces, a Factorization grinder/furnace, and a solar-powered EnderIO alloy furnace.

There's also a solar-powered (yay, EnderIO) dual-laser assembly table, but I really don't have enough redstone/diamonds to make good use of it. My quarry lies dormant in a box until I hunt enough of the elusive squid to get a good age up for it.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 09:49:29 am by Mephisto »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2792 on: September 11, 2013, 09:32:24 am »

Scattered about, but for most people relatively easy to get around. I think the person with a house nearest to spawn is Kaulesh, but he just burned it down, so... However, if you follow the brown road a little ways north, you'll wind up at Forsaken's old house. Work your way down to the portal room, and there will be a portal on the far right that leads to Forsaken's current residence which is presently the most technologically advanced and as a consequence has the most excess resources.
Also as a consequence, the most laggiest place to be. :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2793 on: September 11, 2013, 12:26:06 pm »

Someone pointed me towards this: https://samrg474.ci.cloudbees.com/

Supposedly working versions of Minefactory Reloaded for 1.6.2

If true, I'll be updating to include it. Probably just a hot patch to drop in the new files.

Testing it out

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: September 11, 2013, 01:06:17 pm »

Forsaken, one of those books at your old base, takes you to the twilight forest.
But there is a problem, it teleported me several feet up in the air so I died and now I am stuck at an unknown location in the Twilight Forest.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2795 on: September 11, 2013, 01:24:18 pm »

Forsaken, one of those books at your old base, takes you to the twilight forest.
But there is a problem, it teleported me several feet up in the air so I died and now I am stuck at an unknown location in the Twilight Forest.
Hehehe, that was probably the book that led to my old quarry. You should be careful when going through books or portals. I take no responsibility for anything dangerous left at my old base, but I will log in and rescue you if you come back on.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2796 on: September 11, 2013, 02:03:43 pm »

I am taking a backup of the current server state/map. Once it is complete I will be restarting the server as I've added a 1.6.2 version of Minefactory Reloaded. Here is a client patch to add these mods+configs: http://bit.ly/13NcuxG

Simply extract that zip to your minecraft folder after the normal client install. Server will be down for ~30 minutes once I do the update so I can test and ensure its all working.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: September 11, 2013, 04:15:06 pm »

First: Yay, restart.

Second: Ah, MineFactory. I have a pathological hate for that mod for the singular reason of rubber bars.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2798 on: September 11, 2013, 04:25:16 pm »

First: Yay, restart.

Second: Ah, MineFactory. I have a pathological hate for that mod for the singular reason of rubber bars.
So don't use rubber bars. You can cook IC2 rubber to get plastic.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2799 on: September 11, 2013, 05:46:34 pm »

Patch 2

He fixed a problem with MFR fluids literally just a few minutes after I added it.

For those of you who have already applied the previous patch, just download this: https://samrg474.ci.cloudbees.com/job/MFR/37/artifact/artifacts/MFR-37.zip
And drop that zip into your mods folder and delete the MFR-35.zip currently there.

If you have not already updated, just download the previously linked file which has been altered to include the new 37 build. Link is here: http://bit.ly/13NcuxG
Sorry for all of the changes, but not having fluids working was kind of an issue for any MFR stuff.

Edit: Bleh, its still not working quite right. I'll just hold off on any other changes for now.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 05:51:42 pm by forsaken1111 »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2800 on: September 11, 2013, 07:06:49 pm »

Lag's gone, but once I tried to get to iron tools, gregtech just made me throw in the towel.

Situation wasn't helped by a certain person.
What happened?

I can make you a set of iron tools if you like.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: September 11, 2013, 07:18:53 pm »

Lag's gone, but once I tried to get to iron tools, gregtech just made me throw in the towel.

Situation wasn't helped by a certain person.
What happened?

I can make you a set of iron tools if you like.
I don't think making me a set of iron tools is gonna help.

Basically, the stupidly complex process of even MAKING tools. You need to make a hammer, then you need to make a chisel out of four iron ingots by making plates via the use of the hammer, then you need three sheets of iron, taking a further six iron to make, in order to make a pickaxe.

Basically, I'm fine with the recipes needing more diamonds and the like (IMO, stuff like quarries were too cheap), I could live with the two wood per log, but the stupidly expensive and complex stuff needed to make tools that last more than twenty blocks (thanks again, Gregtech!) is just too much.

Greg gregged too much stuff for me to enjoy it.

What does Gregtech add, other than turtles and obnoxiousness?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: September 11, 2013, 07:24:21 pm »

If you're making a vanilla iron pickaxe while TC is installed you're doing it wrong.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: September 11, 2013, 07:24:49 pm »

Irritance, it seems.

That was what I meant by obnoxiousness. I'm talking about new blocks, items, and other interesting things.

[Edit]
If you're making a vanilla iron pickaxe while TC is installed you're doing it wrong.
So true. Some other recipes are affected, though. Like buckets.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: September 11, 2013, 07:27:11 pm »

Gregtech adds a ton of new content for IC2. A fuckton. It just comes with a price.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 220