Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288652 times)

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #2760 on: September 07, 2013, 07:47:14 pm »

When did he?

EDIT: Found it, I didn't see that before. Damn.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 07:49:12 pm by EvilTwin »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2761 on: September 07, 2013, 07:53:43 pm »

When did he?

EDIT: Found it, I didn't see that before. Damn.
Agh... Where did you do this?

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: September 07, 2013, 07:57:21 pm »

This is from the bug report information, I hope the coordinates help:

Code: [Select]
- Tile Entity Details --
Details:
    Name: Ender Tank // codechicken.enderstorage.storage.liquid.TileEnderTank
    Block type: ID #1531 (tile.enderchest // codechicken.enderstorage.common.BlockEnderStorage)
    Block data value: 1 / 0x1 / 0b0001
    Block location: World: (-212,28,-248), Chunk: (at 12,1,8 in -14,-16; contains blocks -224,0,-256 to -209,255,-241), Region: (-1,-1; contains chunks -32,-32 to -1,-1, blocks -512,0,-512 to -1,255,-1)
    Actual block type: ID #1531 (tile.enderchest // codechicken.enderstorage.common.BlockEnderStorage)
    Actual block data value: 1 / 0x1 / 0b0001

EDIT: The Endertank is color-coded lightblue, red, white, so better don't use those colors for your tank.

EDIT2: Would the following work:
I log in repeatedly, crash, but force the server to load the chunk for a short period of time (it appears to only crash the client), thus emptying the fuel of the boiler. When the boiler is empty eventually, someone else places all the peripherals to extract the steam from the tank, then places a chunkloader and fuels (?) it, then places an endertank and colors it in the right way as the very last thing. The server would keep this contraption loaded and after a short time, we could all log in again.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 08:12:21 pm by EvilTwin »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2763 on: September 07, 2013, 09:08:05 pm »

Working on it. This end is chunkloaded and pumping the steam out into a void tank presumably. I hope it runs outta fuel soon

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: September 07, 2013, 09:14:37 pm »

This really is like an industrial accident. Location of the other tank appears to be (-209,27,-251), in case that should come in handy at some point.

I think it does frustrum culling, you could go a lot further than I could.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 09:20:39 pm by EvilTwin »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2765 on: September 07, 2013, 09:44:14 pm »

All clear!

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: September 08, 2013, 01:11:24 am »

Completed my terrace. It looks even better than I thought it would.
Spoiler: epic pix (click to show/hide)
So it's pretty darn massive. Ended up using 2 barrels of dirt, and tons of smoothstone. The canopy trees were added to try and prevent those annoying rain-holes from forming, since the terrace is only 1 layer thick (a fact which I am sure will cause numerous disasters for adventerous folks without damage negating boots :P).

Underneath, I left the mountainside and trees intact, forming The Old Forest; which also contains some roots from the canopy trees above. I really love how The Old Forest turned out as far as the lighting goes. The torches on the slope ended up making the dirt ceiling looks somewhat like an eternal twilight, and really giving the place a cool feel.

And all in less than the time it would take to make an advanced gregtech machine. :P

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: September 08, 2013, 01:14:10 am »

Ooh, that looks nice.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: September 08, 2013, 01:13:07 pm »

Any chance of having Archimedes' Ships in this modpack?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2769 on: September 08, 2013, 01:46:40 pm »

I'd play on this server, but waiting for about five seconds for a block to actually break, having days and nights seem twice as long due to lag and so on and so forth is making it too unfun.
Yeah, its gotten worse lately. Its a problem with running so many mods. Turtles are a big offender here, they absolutely wreck the server.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: September 08, 2013, 01:51:02 pm »

I'd play on this server, but waiting for about five seconds for a block to actually break, having days and nights seem twice as long due to lag and so on and so forth is making it too unfun.
Yeah, its gotten worse lately. Its a problem with running so many mods. Turtles are a big offender here, they absolutely wreck the server.
Who needs those things any way? (I am terribad at making them work.. so.. yeah.. :p )

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2771 on: September 08, 2013, 02:02:46 pm »

Who needs those things any way? (I am terribad at making them work.. so.. yeah.. :p )
The other problem is that a lot of these mods are still dev ports to 1.6.2 and they're not all 100% optimized. I never said this was a lightning fast super stable server. :)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: September 08, 2013, 02:40:49 pm »

So minecraft just refuses to strart with this modpack, stuck on the Mojang screen even if I use -Xms512M -Xmx1G -XX:MaxPermSize=128m.
Nevermind, I got in, just a very long loading time.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 02:45:33 pm by Ultimuh »

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: September 09, 2013, 11:55:48 am »

Free power armor (fall mod, jetpack, glider, underwater breathing, jetpack control, the best batteries on each piece, and full diamond armor), ender chest, sweet alumite tools with good mods, a TC silk touch iron pick, and several stacks of most of the Nether ores to whoever wants them.

All you have to do is find them before they despawn. I'm apparently the first person to have his power armor cook himself to death. The items in question are in a long channel I built somewhere in the Nether. Good luck.

Shortly after I found out that I have death points disabled, I told everyone that if I'm not back in a few days, my compound can be parted out to whoever wants my stuff. I then ragequit. That was a bit rash. With my new solar quarry, I should be able to quickly recoup my losses. If my stuff is still there when I log in tonight, I'll begin rebuilding.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: September 09, 2013, 03:22:07 pm »

It is too late for that but could you not look at the coords under the minimap after death but before you hit "respawn"?
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 220