Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288705 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #2715 on: September 02, 2013, 02:27:52 pm »

Ah, okay. The version Direwolf has adds a couple extra tools you need to make various processed parts to make machines with, which you promptly replace with a machine that does everything the tools do. That's the part of Gregtech I hate; it's that most of it is pointless extra steps which you instantly no longer need once you do them.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2716 on: September 02, 2013, 02:29:07 pm »

Ah, okay. The version Direwolf has adds a couple extra tools you need to make various processed parts to make machines with, which you promptly replace with a machine that does everything the tools do. That's the part of Gregtech I hate; it's that most of it is pointless extra steps which you instantly no longer need once you do them.
I think the point of the tools is that you can avoid making the machines if you want. Also most of the gregtech tools have secondary uses. Hammers are not just for plate making, but used in recipes and for things like repairing turbine blades.

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: September 02, 2013, 02:51:38 pm »

Hammers can also be used to prospect for ores by rightclicking them on a rockface, but that is less useful if you have tools that can tear up the rock way quicker than you could read the prospecting results :D

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2718 on: September 02, 2013, 03:07:00 pm »

New update!

Link: http://bit.ly/1a1p3ai
Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Install Instructions (click to show/hide)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: September 02, 2013, 03:09:16 pm »

Wait, another one? It looks exactly the same to me as the one you just announced earlier today.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2720 on: September 02, 2013, 03:09:58 pm »

Wait, another one? It looks exactly the same to me as the one you just announced earlier today.
I posted the changelog earlier, I just now finished testing and posted the link.

Also... holy crap. I saw a pig in my workshop and hit it with a sword. When it died it dropped an ender pearl, and an enderman attacked me. wth?

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: September 02, 2013, 03:11:00 pm »

I really dig those Carpenter's blocks and the Dartcraft stuff, will have to try that out as soon as I got some time.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: September 02, 2013, 03:11:49 pm »

I posted the changelog earlier, I just now finished testing and posted the link.

Also... holy crap. I saw a pig in my workshop and hit it with a sword. When it died it dropped an ender pearl, and an enderman attacked me. wth?

Bad textures on an ender tot? Don't recall what mod adds them They are added by DartCraft. They're basically baby endermen that spawn one or two angry adults when killed.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 03:13:31 pm by Mephisto »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2723 on: September 02, 2013, 03:15:37 pm »

Bad textures on an ender tot? Don't recall what mod adds them They are added by DartCraft. They're basically baby endermen that spawn one or two angry adults when killed.
No, it was a pig. Pink pig with a stripe on its back.

I think it's a hilarious entity ID conflict between the cold pig and the endertot. So its an endertot that looks like a skinned pig.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 03:17:11 pm by forsaken1111 »

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2724 on: September 02, 2013, 06:42:10 pm »

Oh nice, Dartcraft is pretty sweet.

Getting about a dozen iron ingots from a single ore is always fun.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2725 on: September 02, 2013, 07:29:08 pm »

Okay what happened? Someone was messing with the reactor?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: September 02, 2013, 07:30:30 pm »

Yessir. It doesn't like thorium cells.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2727 on: September 02, 2013, 07:33:10 pm »

Yessir. It doesn't like thorium cells.
Yeah I'll have to wipe out all reactors to clear this error. gg greg, gg.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: September 02, 2013, 11:51:52 pm »

Can I get a link for a wiki/infodump somewhere for the changes in IC2 with the last update?

Edit: Additionally, it seems my electric engines up and vanished with that latest update.
Edit2: A bit of investigating in Creative mode shows they are indeed fucked. NEI shows no recipe, and giving myself the block then attempting to place it results in a crash.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 12:11:39 am by alway »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2729 on: September 03, 2013, 06:05:52 am »

Can I get a link for a wiki/infodump somewhere for the changes in IC2 with the last update?

Edit: Additionally, it seems my electric engines up and vanished with that latest update.
Edit2: A bit of investigating in Creative mode shows they are indeed fucked. NEI shows no recipe, and giving myself the block then attempting to place it results in a crash.
I mentioned the thing with the electric engines in the changelog. Forestry has not yet updated to use the new IC2 API. Nothing to be done about that at this time... this is what comes of using dev versions. It was either update to IC2 experimental or lose railcraft entirely since railcraft moved to the experimental branch.

As for infodump, I haven't seen a comprehensive changelog. You can probably find changes on the git library. I'll see if I can find one later today.
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 220