Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288926 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #2505 on: June 04, 2013, 10:32:16 am »

Wait, is there no way to disable certain drops of the Mo' Creatures mod?

bcg17

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: June 04, 2013, 02:20:31 pm »

Did you put the stuff in jarmods into your minecraft.jar tab for the instance?
im kinda new when i comes to modding usually the packs i play come precompiled so i put the classes from the jar mods also in my minecraft.jar?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: June 04, 2013, 03:03:06 pm »

Just make a folder called 'config' and put the config files there.
Worked for me.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: June 04, 2013, 03:15:22 pm »

So do we work together on the TerrafirmaCraft server or are we all split up in all directions?

WAITWAITWAITWAIT. IT'S UP?!

EDIT: Over-excited. Anyway, new mobs generally won't work unless they are specifically ported to TFC (like Simply Horses are/is(?)), since they would be very, very weak. If you can, increase spawns a fair bit, set difficulty to Hard and, optionally, implement tempban on death for, say, 15 mins.

EDIT^2: Go to TFC website - you can download a launcher that literally does all the job for you, creates a new MC instance, and is made by MultiMC's creator for TFC. You might need to modify memory allocation, though, since TFC is more taxing on the computing.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 03:23:10 pm by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: June 04, 2013, 03:32:06 pm »

implement tempban on death for, say, 15 mins.
Wh-why wouuld you want THAT? o_O

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: June 04, 2013, 03:37:37 pm »

implement tempban on death for, say, 15 mins.
Wh-why wouuld you want THAT? o_O

I played on some TFC servers with that. It's not bad, actually. It makes death SCARY. So you take no risks and bunker up in a fort with your friends instead of rampaging through the dark forest with a stone knife.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: June 04, 2013, 05:06:06 pm »

How about a random 1000-block teleport instead? Same penalty, but you don't lose immersion.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: June 04, 2013, 05:38:34 pm »

How about a random 1000-block teleport instead? Same penalty, but you don't lose immersion.

How is it better? If immersion is the problem, don't include it at all, but teleport can REALLY fuck people up and serves mostly as annoying filler.

Also, note that TFC has its own anti-death features - after respawn, you get a speed debuff that lasts a couple of minutes, and you lose all accumulated experience which expands health (and possibly the other two as well) bar.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2513 on: June 04, 2013, 09:40:51 pm »

I've thought about the tempban thing actually. The teleport is an interesting idea, but I don't know of any mods which could do that while the tempban is (at least theoretically) simple.

Also, the TFC server IS up but currently I haven't finished the instructions for the pack. If you know how to use what I've posted (and some people obviously do) great, you can play. If not, you'll have to figure it out or wait. I'm working on getting the other servers up and working first before I start doing support.

If you guys really want to see how terrible mo' creatures would be with TFC I can try to enable it but it will be bad. Really bad. Like you won't be able to go outside at any hour without being mauled by a bear while an ogre stomps through your base.

I could tailor spawning so that only certain things spawn but I know of no way to alter drops short of decompiling the mod and changing it, and I won't be doing that. I don't have the time or expertise tbh.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: June 05, 2013, 02:34:11 am »

If you guys really want to see how terrible mo' creatures would be with TFC I can try to enable it but it will be bad. Really bad. Like you won't be able to go outside at any hour without being mauled by a bear while an ogre stomps through your base.

I could tailor spawning so that only certain things spawn but I know of no way to alter drops short of decompiling the mod and changing it, and I won't be doing that. I don't have the time or expertise tbh.
There is no need for that, and it's a pity droprates of certain items are not configurable.
Perhaps that's a thing to take up with the mod's creator? You dont have to do that either.
Any way.. Untill I get a propper shelter set up, I am probably going to log out everytime the sun sets.
Also, I think it's a really bad idea to punish the player further everytime they die.
Because I am one of those who die often in this game. :x
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 02:37:03 am by Ultimuh »

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: June 05, 2013, 03:58:34 am »

You can change spawn frequencies of the animals. Maybe remove all the mythological animals?
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: June 05, 2013, 04:00:55 am »

You can change spawn frequencies of the animals. Maybe remove all the mythological animals?
That was not really the main issue, but the unbalancing drops from them compared to TerrafirmaCraft.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 05:39:32 am by Ultimuh »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: June 05, 2013, 05:06:30 am »

Alright, I downloaded the modpack you linked to and checked the mods included. As of right now, you can use the launcher on TFC website - forsaken's (should I capitalize?) pack includes all the latest files, so if you aren't too confident in your computer skills, use the link here:

http://terrafirmacraft.com/files/TFCLauncher.jar

And simply run it and log in to Minecraft as usual. It has the added benefit on creating a second instance of Minecraft, so you don't need to fiddle around with the .jars. On the other hand, a new Update will be rolling out soon-ish, so downloading (F/f)orsaken's pack makes you 100% sure you have the same version as the server.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2518 on: June 05, 2013, 05:11:31 am »

Technically its a proper noun and you should capitalize, but I don't really care. :P

Good to know it works with the TFC launcher, though you'll be missing Smart Moving if you use that.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: June 05, 2013, 05:20:41 am »

Technically its a proper noun and you should capitalize, but I don't really care. :P

Good to know it works with the TFC launcher, though you'll be missing Smart Moving if you use that.

But on the other hand, your forum name is non-capitalized. WHAT DO?  :P

Yeah, I just realized I forgot about Smart Moving. I had it installed, and I failed a Spot check critically. But, you can just install Smart Moving over the other instance - navigate to Minecraft folder, then go back to appdata and look for a folder named tfcraft - that's where the launcher's instance is installed - and then install SM as usual (so just plop Smart Moving into mods folder).
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 220