Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 289007 times)

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #2415 on: April 03, 2013, 11:48:26 am »

Whoops, didn't see that post. Thanks.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: April 03, 2013, 11:56:29 am »

We've got a central farm and chest/barrels/crafting table. Also a nether portal there.

Cool, next time I'm on I'll haul a bunch of stuff over that way. Probably won't be for a day or two, but I'll contribute resources when I can.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: April 03, 2013, 12:14:06 pm »

I was actually working on a setup for automatic biomass yesterday, all i am missing now is an auto wheat farm or similar to get me plantballs and compost for the fermenter. After that, I will be giving out small amounts for free and big amounts for some trade goods :)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: April 03, 2013, 12:32:41 pm »

Would anyone tend to have a bunch of extra Propolis at some point? I apparently could use it to make bituminous peat which is better than plain peat, and since I traded for two peat-fired engines yesterday it would be neat to make them better.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2419 on: April 03, 2013, 04:30:47 pm »

Did you remember to edit the flying option as well, forsaken? you had problems with it yesterday.
I did.

And it should be back up at 71.127.159.195:25564

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: April 03, 2013, 04:32:58 pm »

Hmm...I think I know what my project on that server is going to be.

I'm going to need a lot of Dark Xychorium...
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: April 04, 2013, 09:36:23 am »

There is a lot of lagging at odd intervals on the server right now.
Maybe it needs a reboot?

edit: I keep getting a lot of untimely disconnections.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 12:19:34 pm by Ultimuh »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2422 on: April 04, 2013, 02:36:40 pm »

There is a lot of lagging at odd intervals on the server right now.
Maybe it needs a reboot?

edit: I keep getting a lot of untimely disconnections.
Just got home. I'll give it a bump but not promises. This pack is a bit laggy compared to what I normally run.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: April 04, 2013, 03:09:13 pm »

Putting a vote forwards to have Gregtech removed.

Some of the "balance" it introduces just makes me want to shove my head through a wall, it's actually that painfully stupid.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2424 on: April 04, 2013, 03:10:58 pm »

Some of the "balance" it introduces just makes me want to shove my head through a wall, it's actually that painfully stupid.
I'm not altering the pack. It was requested that I run the FTB ultimate pack so I'm running it as-is. If you don't like gregtech stuff just don't use that stuff, or deal with it.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: April 04, 2013, 07:02:36 pm »

If you do decide that you want to remove gregtech for whatever reason, it's quite easy for you, and as near as I can tell clients don't need to do anything.

As far as I know*, you can just delete the gregtech folder from the server, and clients will still be able to connect. There's no rule against having too many mods, only too few, to put it in laymen's terms.

*This is only my experience. I have no idea if this is still true.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2426 on: April 04, 2013, 07:06:06 pm »

If you do decide that you want to remove gregtech for whatever reason, it's quite easy for you, and as near as I can tell clients don't need to do anything.

As far as I know*, you can just delete the gregtech folder from the server, and clients will still be able to connect. There's no rule against having too many mods, only too few, to put it in laymen's terms.

as far as I know if I deleted it from the server all of the clients would see the gregtech mod recipes for items and wouldn't be able to craft things.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: April 04, 2013, 07:20:32 pm »

I'm not altering the pack. It was requested that I run the FTB ultimate pack so I'm running it as-is. If you don't like gregtech stuff just don't use that stuff, or deal with it.
Well, you have to consider that Gregtech messes with the balance of everything else. Gregtech is only good for long-running servers and people with lots of patience. I had that patience last server, and I needed over two weeks to finally get a gravisuit. By that time, the server was running at a thoroughly unenjoyable 8 fps, and there was almost nobody online apart from me. We never did get to building awesome stuff together. I won't be doing all the gerg again, I'd rather like building stuff with people instead. So I for one would really appreciate a DW20 modpack server instead of or parallel to FTB Ultimate (there is virtually no difference except for the absence of Gregtech), so people actually reach the endgame before being bored out of their minds.

FAKE-EDIT:

as far as I know if I deleted it from the server all of the clients would see the gregtech mod recipes for items and wouldn't be able to craft things.
That's why I suggest using the DW20 pack instead.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: April 04, 2013, 07:23:47 pm »

Does DW20 have applied energistics?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: April 04, 2013, 07:25:24 pm »

Ah. Well if that's the case, it's not too much more for clients to disable greg on their end as well.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
@Magma: There's a few other differences. Applied Energistics in particular.

EDIT: Looking through the list, it also has: Power Converters, Advanced Machines & Solars, Charge Pads, MineFactory Reloaded, Nether Ores, Petrogen, Secret Rooms, Voxelmods, Tubestuff. DW20 DOES have AE though.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 07:28:45 pm by frostshotgg »
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 220