Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288964 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #2010 on: January 25, 2013, 05:53:43 pm »

How much can you explore before it falls apart? And also, what would we do about the whole no sunlight thing?
What's the problem with no sunlight?

And what do you mean about falling apart?
The problem with sunlight would be that we need glowstone to grow crops and whatnot, as well as the fact that mobs would be fucking everywhere. And by falling apart, I meant crashiness and weird artifacts pop up.

As for the floating island, that seems pretty neat.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: January 25, 2013, 05:58:09 pm »

How much can you explore before it falls apart? And also, what would we do about the whole no sunlight thing?
What's the problem with no sunlight?

And what do you mean about falling apart?
The problem with sunlight would be that we need glowstone to grow crops and whatnot

Since when? Plonk down a few torches and it's golden.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: January 25, 2013, 06:07:02 pm »

Don't crops need more light than a torch can give? I seem to remember that crops need at least a jackolantern of light.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2013 on: January 25, 2013, 06:11:39 pm »

Don't crops need more light than a torch can give? I seem to remember that crops need at least a jackolantern of light.
In my experience, wheat grew just fine by torchlight in a cave.

But remember we have ridiculous lighting options like the wrathlamps from factorization, and light blocks from redpower. Light is easy.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: January 25, 2013, 06:15:03 pm »

Nope, I've had a bunch of underground farms.

Forsaken, how about you making the ages we might need and then we do not make any more? that would concentrate the playerbase.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: January 25, 2013, 06:22:53 pm »

Well, I've got my mind firmly set on a skylands megacity megaproject, and I'd very much appreciate it if, well, everyone would want to contribute.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2016 on: January 25, 2013, 06:27:49 pm »

Nope, I've had a bunch of underground farms.

Forsaken, how about you making the ages we might need and then we do not make any more? that would concentrate the playerbase.
Agreed. I'm planning on having only 2-3 ages total aside from the large sky island.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: January 25, 2013, 06:28:46 pm »

Make sure those ages are interesting ones.
edit: With at least one underground cave filled with tunnels, dungeons, strongholds and ravines.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: January 25, 2013, 06:33:06 pm »

I vote for the cave world to be the mining one, with a exploration one NOT being flat, but being biomes that are not annoying to travel through.

And crystals, I  desire crystals (mystcraft ones that is)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 06:36:23 pm by bluejello »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2019 on: January 25, 2013, 06:52:18 pm »

Would you all prefer a single large sky island surrounded by nothing, or a continuous sky dimension as the main overworld with more islands generating as you go?

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: January 25, 2013, 06:55:35 pm »

...It could be nice to have to build bridges between isles but at the same time, a single island might be enough space anyway.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: January 25, 2013, 07:13:04 pm »

Using a single island is a great idea. This way we'll be able to expand the island using materials mined in other ages. That would be just awesome.

Will Twilight Forest still be accessible? I like wandering there once in a while. :3
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2022 on: January 25, 2013, 07:13:58 pm »

Using a single island is a great idea. This way we'll be able to expand the island using materials mined in other ages. That would be just awesome.

Will Twilight Forest still be accessible? I like wandering there once in a while. :3
I will be including twilight forest, yes.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: January 25, 2013, 07:20:16 pm »

My vote goes towards one large island. Once we get some way to fly around from some mod, we can make our own smaller personal islands.

Greatorder, if you want isolation so badly, why not just do singleplayer? I can understand not wanting people rooting around through your stuff, but the entire point of this floating island deal is that everybody is in the same place.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: January 25, 2013, 08:06:52 pm »

I'm also for one large island. Forsaken, can you make sure that there is at least one exploration age with all main vanilla biomes? Because, you know, bees?

At least I can talk to people on multiplayer, trade stuff with others and show off what I made and look at what other people have made.
And how exactly does being close to others prevent you from making awesome stuff? Nobody is going to steal from you when they could steal from me instead, and I normally have infinity stuff, so it's generally okay to steal from me (not that stealing would even happen on a Bay12 server). And we generally like having each other around, so unless you plan on building a giant schlong or such, we'd rather prefer having you close.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 220