Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288913 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #1980 on: January 25, 2013, 02:13:49 pm »

You guys realise that if we make a cave world, I'm going and taking a village, right?
Mind if we all work together?

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: January 25, 2013, 02:17:16 pm »

certainly with forestry mail you can set up a way to give diamonds for silverwood saplings and greatwood saplings.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1982 on: January 25, 2013, 02:19:28 pm »

You guys realise that if we make a cave world, I'm going and taking a village, right?
Did you see the awesome villages in the cave world pics?

certainly with forestry mail you can set up a way to give diamonds for silverwood saplings and greatwood saplings.
Yep, would be fairly simple to set up an admin shop.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: January 25, 2013, 02:20:11 pm »

Converting some buildings in a village to a town hall and claiming a few buildings for ourselves? I'm in.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: January 25, 2013, 02:24:59 pm »

Converting some buildings in a village to a town hall and claiming a few buildings for ourselves? I'm in.
So am I!
As long as we look at the big picture and work together on most of the big projects.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1985 on: January 25, 2013, 02:25:50 pm »

Slight issue.

The cave worlds have no aura in thaumcraft.

... trying to fix that. Not sure why that would be, since the aura files should be created no matter what.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: January 25, 2013, 02:27:25 pm »

Is there a way to spawn your own aura nodes?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: January 25, 2013, 02:29:17 pm »

We could make the village look really good, but we'll have to make sure not to tear down all the NPC houses.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: January 25, 2013, 02:34:41 pm »

well, I would probably start building slightly outside of the town, or possibly above it... speaking of which, will there be a age for exploring or will that be the mining age?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1989 on: January 25, 2013, 02:41:37 pm »

Okay, having issues with the mod running on a server. May take a while to sort out, if I can at all.

Ahh, damn. According to the author the mod simply cannot work in SMP currently, even though it runs on forge. Is there any other cave type world gen you guys know of? I have another idea I'm going to test now.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 02:54:40 pm by forsaken1111 »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: January 25, 2013, 03:00:09 pm »

You could just make a mystcraft age. I think that does cave worlds.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: January 25, 2013, 03:01:37 pm »

yea, you could do a mystcraft cave world, but that lacks villagers... (by which I mean things spawn on the top of the world, not in the caves itself.

hmm, there is another mod that I know of that can, but not quite sure of its name and if it works on SMP
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 03:04:31 pm by bluejello »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1992 on: January 25, 2013, 03:14:52 pm »

Looking at Better World Generation 3 atm

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: January 25, 2013, 03:27:30 pm »

I was thinking of having us gradually make a village into a modern city, with industrial and residential areas, a central park, automated underground transit, public electricity, sewer systems, and everything with a realistic and coherent design. We could separate the villagers by profession (librarians and magicians go in the magic districts, smiths and golems go into the steel mills (the non-lethal kind of into)), etcetera. We would need to keep everything clean and artificial (don't make your stuff look like the wall of a quarry pit, please!), and we should at least have a common styleset for each district. We don't need to have it as clean and square as my base in the tech server, but please build houses instead of just excavating rooms. Also, here's a tip for making stuff look great: For every house you build, build testificate residences/workplaces at least thrice as large.

Also, I kinda object to both a single-biome world and a cave world, because 1) the lighting system isn't good enough to make cave cities look good, 2) because mobs don't spawn in mushroom biomes, and 3) because bees.

PPE:
Looking at Better World Generation 3 atm
Now that is something I support.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1994 on: January 25, 2013, 03:29:36 pm »

If you guys are worried about not having villages in the cave worlds, I can spawn in testificates and we can build up a village ourselves.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 220