Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288000 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #1395 on: December 05, 2012, 03:24:14 pm »

Oh hey, anyone can explain to me how logistic pipe chassis work? I tried it in single player and it does nothing.

I placed two chests with stuff, put the chassis with an extractor module but it does nothing (according to the FAQ, it should behave like a wooden pipe with a redstone engine powering it). Am I doing something wrong? Could it be that the modpack itself is messed?
   First of all you need to make sure it goes somewhere as the logistic pipes are moderately intelligent. Did you have a chest with for instance an item sink?

also on thaumcraft - I got to the point that I feel I got what I want out of it and unless there is for instance more golems to find I'm good for now. Probably focus on my village/slave pit
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 03:26:52 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1396 on: December 05, 2012, 04:06:21 pm »

I've copypasted the IP from the OP, but it says I can't reach the server.
Server was down again. Working today on getting a more stable solution, thank you all for bearing with me while I gathered data.

Oh hey, anyone can explain to me how logistic pipe chassis work? I tried it in single player and it does nothing.

I placed two chests with stuff, put the chassis with an extractor module but it does nothing (according to the FAQ, it should behave like a wooden pipe with a redstone engine powering it). Am I doing something wrong? Could it be that the modpack itself is messed?
There are a few tutorials on it, and direwolf did a video spotlight on it a while back. You can find info if you search.

First google link: http://technicpack.wikia.com/wiki/Logistics_Pipes_Tutorial

Basically the chassis pipe lets you insert modules which mimic pipe functions and provide other functions, but lets you do this all in a single pipe. For example I use a Mk2 chassis pipe on my storage chests so that they provide both 'itemsink' functionality (Telling the system that "Item X goes here") and 'provider' pipe functionality, allowing the system to take the items in the attached inventory for other tasks.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: December 05, 2012, 04:12:55 pm »

So, any plans of getting the latest Thaumcraft 3 update for this server as well?
Fixes some crashes and other problems.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1398 on: December 05, 2012, 04:15:19 pm »

So, any plans of getting the latest Thaumcraft 3 update for this server as well?
Fixes some crashes and other problems.
I will look into it certainly, but I know for a fact that the crashes we're having are not from thaumcraft. Once I move the server over though I'll get an update out this week.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: December 05, 2012, 04:30:32 pm »

First of all you need to make sure it goes somewhere as the logistic pipes are moderately intelligent. Did you have a chest with for instance an item sink?

I tried all kinds of combos. Simplest setup possible: two chests. Chest -> chassis pipe mk2 -> stone pipe -> any other logistic pipe (supplier, sink, basic) and another chest. The chassis pipe with the extractor module should be sucking stuff out of the chest but it doesn't...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1400 on: December 05, 2012, 04:36:42 pm »

I tried all kinds of combos. Simplest setup possible: two chests. Chest -> chassis pipe mk2 -> stone pipe -> any other logistic pipe (supplier, sink, basic) and another chest. The chassis pipe with the extractor module should be sucking stuff out of the chest but it doesn't...
I'll do a quick test in a sec.

Works fine if you supply it power. Logistics pipes now require energy.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 04:55:10 pm by forsaken1111 »

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: December 05, 2012, 05:44:38 pm »

Could I get ages 46-48, and 50-53 deleted?
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1402 on: December 05, 2012, 05:45:55 pm »

God man, that's harsh. What have the middle aged ever done to you?
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: December 05, 2012, 05:58:01 pm »

Also.. I hope none of those, or at least not my latest one.. are those you want deleted.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1404 on: December 05, 2012, 06:09:19 pm »

Could I get ages 46-48, and 50-53 deleted?
I will delete em when I can, just go ahead and destroy the books.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: December 05, 2012, 06:09:53 pm »

Also.. I hope none of those, or at least not my latest one.. are those you want deleted.
Nah, they're all ones that I've created recently while trying to fill up my notebook, those are the one's I've checked my inventory to make sure I got the numbers right on.
God man, that's harsh. What have the middle aged ever done to you?
They made me slow, hungry, and gave me nausea.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: December 05, 2012, 06:53:31 pm »

Ah, ok.
You could use the books for Thaumcraft research,
or simply put them in your crucible and use their aspects for creating stuff.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 03:38:23 am by Ultimuh »

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1407 on: December 06, 2012, 01:38:12 am »

So I think the server is down again. It managed to catch me recording though it was just the start so it won't affect me much and I can just do the intro again. Can't wait till I get it do. I am blowing up a village all at once and just the village.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1408 on: December 06, 2012, 02:53:46 pm »

Well since no one has posted since it came back up I have the honor of double posting that it seems to be down again.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1409 on: December 06, 2012, 04:00:12 pm »

Well since no one has posted since it came back up I have the honor of double posting that it seems to be down again.
No need to post it really, I check it when I get home from work. Its back up now.

I have to say the instability is very puzzling, it doesn't even generate a crash log.

Regardless, I'm working on the windows server to prepare for the move today in my spare time, after homework.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 220