Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 287881 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #1305 on: November 27, 2012, 03:45:03 pm »

The ender chest network idea is good, but did you see the following in the enderchest mod's thread?

As of 1.2, Using a diamond on the latch of an Ender Chest will move it to a seperate network for the player that used the diamond. This allows each player to have acceess to all 4096 frequencies without conflicting in SMP.

We have 1.2.1.3 so this should be true for our current version, which means you can just make your own personal network.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1306 on: November 27, 2012, 03:47:06 pm »

Where's the fun in that though?
And it eliminates any form of endermail system.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1307 on: November 27, 2012, 03:47:54 pm »

Where's the fun in that though?
And it eliminates any form of endermail system.
You could use the 'public' network for endermail.

Or just use forestry's mail system.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1308 on: November 27, 2012, 03:50:56 pm »

One thing to note is that while I did know about the diamond thing I also know that it requires a diamond. For secure storage sure its useful but I want to be able to make extensive systems of enderchestery without need all of my diamonds to be funneled into it.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1309 on: November 27, 2012, 03:51:25 pm »

Thpoil thport.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1310 on: November 27, 2012, 03:52:44 pm »

One thing to note is that while I did know about the diamond thing I also know that it requires a diamond. For secure storage sure its useful but I want to be able to make extensive systems of enderchestery without need all of my diamonds to be funneled into it.
Indeed, I was just pointing it out. I said that your enderchest network/frequency idea is good as well. :)

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1311 on: November 27, 2012, 04:30:48 pm »

Of course its good, I stole it from Direwolf's server lets play.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: November 29, 2012, 02:25:53 pm »

The server kicked me and is now dead.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1313 on: November 29, 2012, 05:04:54 pm »

The server kicked me and is now dead.
Are you sure? Its showing two people logged in at the moment.

Edit: Well they didn't respond so I restarted the server. Someone give it a try?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 05:07:02 pm by forsaken1111 »

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1314 on: November 29, 2012, 06:09:06 pm »

trying it now

Edit: Its up and fine

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1315 on: November 29, 2012, 10:43:39 pm »

So yeah, double post for great justice and what not. I just had the game do horrible things to me. First it pigmen aggroed me and killed me which while annoying isn't really anything new in the nether but the big thing is that when I went back to pick up my stuff it wasn't there. AT ALL. It couldn't have despanwed as it wasn't enough time nor loaded when I wasn't there. There was no fire, there was no lava, it was just a flat floor in a relatively safe area. Nothing could have destroyed my stuff but the game glitched or bugged out or something of the like and ate all my gear. I can list off the important things I lost though I could just rebuild them if need be I would rather not have to after losing them to a bug. Anyway the important things where as follows - Nano Saber, Advanced Diamond Drill, Portal Gun, Rockcutter, Lappack, NanoSuit Leggings, Long Fall Boots, and an Enderchest. I don't know if anything can be done to get them back for me. I was recording so I can prove I had all of the stuff.

Oh and I finished my blaze farm. You can now easily farm experiance and blaze rods in the second basement of my big building in town. Pull the lever to start the blazes spawning, once enough are collected in the bottom area turn it off, they spawn really fast and you might end up with too many. Next press the button on the other wall that is closest to the blazes, it will stop more from coming in from the top and then crush the blazes in there until you can kill them in one hit. After you kill them all you can reset the system so more can arrive in the collection area by pressing the second button which is the one farther away from the collection area.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1316 on: December 01, 2012, 08:12:43 am »

Started work this morning on the 1.4.5 update, redpower or no. Tired of waiting on Elo. Though I know she's working hard on it, its just taking too long.

Edit:

So far I have not found an updated version of Obsidian Pressure Plates or Nether Ores which work with 1.4.5. If anyone knows of one please let me know.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 10:00:59 am by forsaken1111 »

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: December 01, 2012, 06:17:43 pm »

started playing on the server.  Just wondering if you will be adding thaumcraft 3 in? it was just released.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1318 on: December 01, 2012, 06:38:18 pm »

started playing on the server.  Just wondering if you will be adding thaumcraft 3 in? it was just released.
I've already included it in the 1.4.5 update I'm preparing. It will be in as soon as we update.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: December 01, 2012, 09:13:55 pm »

so... server crashed a couple minutes ago.  so, restart time?
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 220