Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 287762 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #1215 on: November 11, 2012, 09:22:32 am »

Quick update. I plan to bring a new server up with 1.4.2 once redpower is out. I also plan to do a 'magic only' server with dustmod, EE3 and Thaumcraft 3 once those are all released.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1216 on: November 11, 2012, 12:21:48 pm »

started building the server to get prepared

https://github.com/forsaken1111/modcraft
https://github.com/forsaken1111/modcraft_client

You can see my progress there if you're interested. I wasn't sure if I should include gregtech or not, it makes everything harder though which I am all for so I decided to do so.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 12:41:06 pm by forsaken1111 »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1217 on: November 12, 2012, 08:35:20 pm »

Server is in closed beta while I test everything. Wow does gregtech make IC2 difficult.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1218 on: November 12, 2012, 08:43:10 pm »

gregtech is a mess. It goes like OH LOOK YOU CANGENERATE ONEBILLIONEU, BUT HAS NOUSE FOR ALL THAT POWER TROLOLOLOL!"

Alsothe author doesn't seem to know how to spacebar, and that gets on my nerves.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: November 12, 2012, 08:51:34 pm »

Anyone who names their mod after themselves is already starting with a handicap.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1220 on: November 12, 2012, 09:43:47 pm »

Perhaps, but I love that it makes things truly difficult. You can't have a bunch of solar panels up by day 1 and yay free power forever.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: November 13, 2012, 02:28:43 am »

Careful judging a mod by it's original post HAYO.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: November 13, 2012, 04:15:11 am »

Is that what added that centrifuge crap? Seriously annoying.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1223 on: November 13, 2012, 05:40:52 am »

I kinda like the centrifuge. And this time we wont have someone in full quantum on day 2.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1224 on: November 13, 2012, 10:42:03 am »

I downloaded and tested it, apart from the computer cube reactor simulator being borked, it worked relatively ok. But I don't know, the omnipresent bad spelling gets on my nerves, and lots of other things don't blend well.

Also modular force field mod branches. Immibis versus thunder dark. Discuss!
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1225 on: November 13, 2012, 10:43:16 am »

Also modular force field mod branches. Immibis versus thunder dark. Discuss!
Personally I like thunderdark's but really they both do almost the same thing. There is little practical difference.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1226 on: November 13, 2012, 10:54:08 am »

I've found thunderdark's version excessively bloated. That forcicum thing is pointless, and the crafting and workflow are worse. Impaired to immibis. Also industrial tesla coils.

Also, tadpoles.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1227 on: November 13, 2012, 11:04:45 am »

My gosh, I can't really seem to make heads or tails of that gregtech stuff. I don't need to know much but does all it change is how you get some stuff, remove some stuff, and add some stuff? If thats about it I think I can wrap my head around it on my own with some more reading. If it has some weird things I might need them explained or atleast have a place they are explained pointed out to me.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1228 on: November 13, 2012, 11:10:09 am »

My gosh, I can't really seem to make heads or tails of that gregtech stuff. I don't need to know much but does all it change is how you get some stuff, remove some stuff, and add some stuff? If thats about it I think I can wrap my head around it on my own with some more reading. If it has some weird things I might need them explained or atleast have a place they are explained pointed out to me.
In essence, it makes IC2's progression much more difficult. For example, mining drills require steel if you have railcraft installed. It also allows you to substitute in mod items for some IC2 items. Like I could use forestry circuit boards in place of IC2 circuits if I wanted. It adds some extra endgame and middle tier stuff. All in all after playing with it for two days I quite like it.

Solar panels are much more complex and expensive, so free power is not as easy as before.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1229 on: November 13, 2012, 11:12:49 am »

Okay, that sounds interesting though the name keeps throwing me off a little though thats mostly because "Greg" only makes me think of a guy I used to roleplay with who throws the most epic nerd rages.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 220