Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 287841 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #1080 on: October 06, 2012, 06:31:26 pm »

Defining what you want is the best way to gather people to do it.  Without a plan there is no start.

So what do you (we?) want?  Cave worlds, crafting recipes that use underground wood-types, hefty sieges?  Are the worlds cavern worlds like the Nether, or are they normal worlds that are very deep and have open cave systems?

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1081 on: October 06, 2012, 06:37:10 pm »

I vote on normal worlds with deeper caverns and less overworld (push the sealevel to 128, or 196 if you are really mad about it).

Caverns could use a different algorithm, maybe something flattened in the Y (up) axis so we'd get the expansive but relatively flat caverns from DF. They'd have large splotches of muddy soil where fungus would grow (I think mycelium from vanilla MC would do the job. Does it grow underground?). Shrooms would have to grow spontaneously to their gigantic proportions and when you chop them you'd get mushroom wood to craft stuff. Stone doors instead of wooden, which would be breachable by sieges. Sieges would be reskinned (or not, if we want to keep zombies and skeletons) mobs that would appear in large numbers and try to breach any door they see. There was a mod that added sound awareness and pathfinding to the mobs, it was damn scary.
That'd be a good step 1 for the mod.
Step 2 would involve underground farming and crafting, more decor to the fortress and such. Also maybe needs such as booze and feeding and insanity. More metal types would be a must, and why not a more complex forging system with alloys, anvils and  the such? Items could have quality modfiers which would affect durability, protectiveness and damage/efficiency.
Step 3 could involve machinery such as axles, windmills, millstones and of course pumps to make drowning traps/obsidian casting/whatever.
Step 4 would involve mostly pig tail socks.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1082 on: October 06, 2012, 06:38:24 pm »

Get some programmers, then make a design document :P
Working on step 1. Know any? :)
Ask me again in about a month when my skills extend beyond "Omg guise! I made a block that poops diamonds!" :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: October 06, 2012, 06:38:44 pm »

What about mods?
Omnir's mods would be great for multiplayer.

edit: Nevermind, I misunderstood the current conversation.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 06:40:30 pm by Ultimuh »

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1084 on: October 06, 2012, 06:41:25 pm »

Get some programmers, then make a design document :P
Working on step 1. Know any? :)
Ask me again in about a month when my skills extend beyond "Omg guise! I made a block that poops diamonds!" :P

Got much farther than I did. I commend ye.  :P
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1085 on: October 06, 2012, 06:56:07 pm »

As far as I can determine, the mod would be 3 parts.

1. World Gen

Dwarfcraft worlds would be expanded to give more 'underground' and less 'surface' but we don't want to remove the surface altogether. Surface should probably consist of the normal mix of biomes and possibly some custom 'mountain' biomes and if we really want to get crazy, some good/evil biomes.

'Surface' world should extend 64 blocks from sea level to world ceiling, with everything else being underground. Below ground there should be 3 cavern layers and then a magma sea which rests on top of bedrock.

2. Crafting

All crafting recipes would have to be adjusted (or new items made) so that you can get along just fine without anything from the surface. We'd need some kind of cavern grass to get seeds, edible/plantable fungus, fungus which can act as wood for crafting, etc. Magma forges would be a plus.

3. Dwarf!

Make the player more like a dwarf. Add a morale(thirst) bar which requires regular entertainment (booze), add other things. Work in progress.

Obviously this would take some more planning but I'll work at it a bit.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: October 06, 2012, 07:22:45 pm »

So.. you guys planning something with Minecraft or Terraria?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: October 06, 2012, 07:27:03 pm »

Man you're having trouble staying on topic...  This is a Minecraft "mod we want to see happen".

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1088 on: October 06, 2012, 07:30:52 pm »

As far as I can determine, the mod would be 3 parts.

1. World Gen

Dwarfcraft worlds would be expanded to give more 'underground' and less 'surface' but we don't want to remove the surface altogether. Surface should probably consist of the normal mix of biomes and possibly some custom 'mountain' biomes and if we really want to get crazy, some good/evil biomes.

'Surface' world should extend 64 blocks from sea level to world ceiling, with everything else being underground. Below ground there should be 3 cavern layers and then a magma sea which rests on top of bedrock.
*COUGHCOUGHHFSSPLUTTER*
Hm?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: October 06, 2012, 07:34:40 pm »

Doesn't work so well when you try to use acronyms in a terrible coughing spurt.

We need Hell.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1090 on: October 06, 2012, 07:41:07 pm »

For hell, what about adamantine veins including horizontal (4x4 with a hole in the middle pits) portals that warp you to the nether, which would have mobs that eat your face...

Also, tadpoles.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: October 06, 2012, 07:42:59 pm »

Man you're having trouble staying on topic...  This is a Minecraft "mod we want to see happen".
Yes, sometimes topics do tend to go over my head.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: October 06, 2012, 07:57:41 pm »

There was a mod that added sound awareness and pathfinding to the mobs, it was damn scary.
:o

...are you aware how epic that kind of thing can get? How quickly Minecraft can go from sandbox to survival horror?
Let's face it. The default overworld mobs are weak only because they are stupid and oblivious. If the mobs had decent AI, one would need every trick in Technic pack to stay alive. I want to see that mod!

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1093 on: October 06, 2012, 08:15:30 pm »

There was a mod that added sound awareness and pathfinding to the mobs, it was damn scary.
:o

...are you aware how epic that kind of thing can get? How quickly Minecraft can go from sandbox to survival horror?
Let's face it. The default overworld mobs are weak only because they are stupid and oblivious. If the mobs had decent AI, one would need every trick in Technic pack to stay alive. I want to see that mod!
Search for corosus's pathfinding mobs mod :D

Also, tadpoles.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: October 06, 2012, 09:05:01 pm »

Technically, one would only need 3-high walls and a door to stay alive.  Unless you went for some modded creatures, like giving zombies the ability to (slowly) bash through wood and cobble tiles, or allowing creepers to get "as close as they can" and when they get stuck, to explode.  If further mods were made, like making it more difficult to obtain smoothstone and metal, and spawning zombies by the dozen, then you get into proper defensive horror.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 220