Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 287984 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #1035 on: October 05, 2012, 07:59:42 am »

The 1.2.5 modded MC server is not working, or something. It says it's "unreachable". Not sure if off, or a domain thing.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: October 05, 2012, 08:18:03 am »

But hatted girl, how does modded Minecraft?!
Here's what you do:

First, download all these.  Forge, Player API, Chicken Core, NEI, Rei's Minimap, TFC, Smart Move.

Now, open your .minecraft folder.  Do the %appdata% thing if you need to.  You should already know how to find your .minecraft though.  Open minecraft.jar and put copy Forge into it.  Run Minecraft to make sure it works.  Put the Player API into the .jar.  Run Minecraft to make sure it works.  Add Smart Move to the .jar.  Run Minecraft to make sure it works.  Close the .jar.  Open .minecraft\coremods and add Chicken Core as well as NEI.  Run Minecraft to make sure it works.  Open .minecraft\mods and add Rei's Minimap and TFC.  Run Minecraft to make sure it works.

To add items to the .jar - open the .jar in any given archiver, and then open the mod download in any given archiver.  Hit ctrl-a, and click-drag the contents of the mod into the minecraft file.
To add items to a folder - just click-drag the mod into the folder, do not unzip or anything.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: October 05, 2012, 08:25:00 am »

@ Girlinhat. Check the letsplay subfourm. I am currently doing a TFCraft LP and have just finished my first Ingot soon to get my second when I get home from work...

After that I can explain how to find ore under ground...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: October 05, 2012, 11:21:40 am »

ok, if someone makes a modpack including the minimap, I'mma get it.
huh. managed to get REI's minimap to work, too.

greatorder has become an adequate mod installer!
Hey Greatorder... Try this thing, might help your Noobieness with Modding...
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1000645-multimc-41-windows-linux-mac/
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1039 on: October 05, 2012, 12:19:31 pm »

minecraft says the BTW server is down, either that or 1.3.2 really fucked up conectivity for me.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: October 05, 2012, 12:52:42 pm »

That's because SSP and SMP are one and the same in 1.3.2

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: October 05, 2012, 01:01:48 pm »

Yeah, mojang just went: "we need to merge server and client yo" and did it. End of story. Bugfixes? Lolno.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: October 05, 2012, 01:05:46 pm »

And astoundingly they did so without fixing any bugs that were with the client.  So it's not only old bugs, but NOW single-player is more broken!  It's astounding!  They've actually reversed progress!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: October 05, 2012, 01:09:53 pm »

I sense bitterness.

The bitterness of people that play with mods.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: October 05, 2012, 01:12:26 pm »

The bugs dont get worse when you play with mods.
The best update in minecraft history was beta 1.6. That update out-awesomed all updates by infinity.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: October 05, 2012, 01:13:28 pm »

Even without mods, you now suffer SMP bugs, like missing chunks, animals don't move, and when you're on "peaceful" then you can see mobs still spawning and quickly de-spawning.  That's just poor form.  I know people who wouldn't go on Multiplayer because of these bugs, and now they follow them to single-player!

Additionally, I recall Forsaken's mod-pack server running fine, with mobs acting normally in 1.2.5.  So it seems that bugs have gone even further backwards.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1046 on: October 05, 2012, 01:24:41 pm »

how long until TFC server?
Shouldn't be long now.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: October 05, 2012, 01:49:20 pm »

I'll try and hop on when it's available.  Turns out there's a trick to finding metal on surface pebbles - they occur in clusters.  Walk in a straight line breaking pebbles.  When you hit ore, check 3x3~5x5 chunks around that spot.  Clearing out an area doesn't really help because you have to clear out a specific area.

Need to figure out the TFC biomes and their effects on crops.  With how things are right now, I think the best place to set up camp would be at a river or an ocean's edge.  You get water for crops and for sluices, as well as fishing and boating, and probably access to clay and squid.

I hear it's also true that higher elevation increases burn temperature?  In that case, we may have to spend some time constructing a dwarven tower.  A spire unto the heavens, with small offset platforms to support some trees, at the top will be a fire pit and/or bloomery, or several, and at the bottom will be charcoal piles.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1048 on: October 05, 2012, 01:51:49 pm »

Mojang has a history of awful and obtuse policies on bugfixing, that is a fact.

Is the BTW server really down or just something in my end?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 02:07:10 pm by Djohaal »
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1049 on: October 05, 2012, 03:17:17 pm »

Getting frustrated with this. TFC seems to be throwing errors on the server no matter what I do. I need to take care of a few things, will look at it again in a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 220