Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288346 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Forsaken's B12 Minecraft Servers
« Reply #855 on: September 10, 2012, 03:49:22 pm »

Okay, the tekkit page LIES. The button says "Download the Tekkit Server 3.1.2" but the server is minecraft 1.2.5.(Ignore my dyslexic idiocy) Is there an updated version available somewhere? When I ran the "3.1.2" download it said I was 5 versions out of date.

This is just taking the download straight from the page and running it. I also had to remove nether ores mod as there was a critical error when running the tekkit server package out of the box. These things do not inspire confidence...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 04:02:35 pm by forsaken1111 »

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #856 on: September 10, 2012, 03:51:42 pm »

3.1.2 is the version of Tekkit, it's still on 1.2.5, and what version of Java do you have installed?
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #857 on: September 10, 2012, 03:55:39 pm »

3.1.2 is the version of Tekkit, it's still on 1.2.5, and what version of Java do you have installed?
Having an internal version which is the same as the (unsupported) external version of minecraft is confusing.(Ignore my dyslexic idiocy) Also it STILL didn't work out of the box.

I have Java 7 update 7 on my dev machine and Java 6 update 31 on this web machine and I got the exception on both machines.

Here's the error:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 04:02:14 pm by forsaken1111 »

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #858 on: September 10, 2012, 03:58:47 pm »

Weird, what was the specific error?

And minecraft is on 1.3.2, not 3.2.1.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #859 on: September 10, 2012, 03:59:20 pm »

And minecraft is on 1.3.2, not 3.2.1.
Yes that's my dyslexia acting up. /sigh

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #860 on: September 10, 2012, 04:04:44 pm »

Considering this new information, I think I will press forward with building the server without tekkit using minecraft 1.3.2 and add/balance the major mods as they are updated. I will keep both servers running for now due to this.

I'd still welcome any volunteer help for building out the new spawn town and other things.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #861 on: September 10, 2012, 06:01:15 pm »

Progress!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For now the values are:

Emerald = υ1
Emerald Block = υ9
Gold Nugget = υ10
Gold Bar = υ90
Gold Block = υ810
Diamond = υ2500

These are just placeholder values though, we'll have to work out what we want the values to be so they're balanced. We do need at least one item worth 1 currency unit though.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: September 10, 2012, 06:31:12 pm »

I didn't read the whole discussion.  UU matter is needed for iridium thingies which is needed for the super-armor, so we need UU to reach the big things.  It'd be worth it to disable certain recipes though, like no UU for diamonds or ores, but yes UU for redstone and wood and stone and stuff.  That would make people want to mine, but it would still let menial things be done without too much worry.

Also I support making OP items bought from admin shops.  Perhaps admin currency could be given for server activity and helping out?  Jerks don't get frame motors.

NINJA: In that case, all gems should be worth some Uristbucks (bonus points if you can have it displayed as ☼ alt 1 5).  Although I'd say Iron Ingots should be worth 1☼ and build from there.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #863 on: September 10, 2012, 06:40:29 pm »

I didn't read the whole discussion.  UU matter is needed for iridium thingies which is needed for the super-armor, so we need UU to reach the big things.  It'd be worth it to disable certain recipes though, like no UU for diamonds or ores, but yes UU for redstone and wood and stone and stuff.  That would make people want to mine, but it would still let menial things be done without too much worry.
I can sell iridium at an admin shop to allow you to make quantum suit while still disallowing the rampant generation of UU matter. I may just sell the UU matter and disable specific recipes as you suggest, we'll see. First we need a 1.3.2 compatible version of IC2!

Also I support making OP items bought from admin shops.  Perhaps admin currency could be given for server activity and helping out?  Jerks don't get frame motors.
Agreed, and I could probably put in a second currency which is admin-granted only. Will have to look into that.

NINJA: In that case, all gems should be worth some Uristbucks (bonus points if you can have it displayed as ☼ alt 1 5).  Although I'd say Iron Ingots should be worth 1☼ and build from there.
Yeah, specific values are still up in the air. My original thought was to make iron nuggets (from RP2) worth 1☼ and go up from there, with an iron ingot as 9☼, gold nugget at 10☼ and so on but I don't have a compatible version of RP2 yet either. As I said before, the server is still under testing and construction though and I have time to make changes. And I see no reason I couldn't make it display as ☼ so long as it accepts ascii and not just text. Will test

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: September 10, 2012, 06:49:04 pm »

A small bit, would it be possible to buy IC2 bronze and give RP bronze?  IC2 takes 3 copper dust and 1 tin dust to make 2 bronze, while RP takes 3 copper bars and 1 tin bar to produce 4 bronze.  RP makes sense, but IC2 manages to fumble and lose half of your materials, somehow letting matter disappear when you mix it together.  1+3=2?  RP makes more sense to me, so perhaps people who've made the mistake of IC2 bronze could trade it for double RP bronze?

I don't think there's any way to convert RP bronze to IC2 bronze, so there shouldn't be a fear of rampant item duplication.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #865 on: September 10, 2012, 06:51:38 pm »

A small bit, would it be possible to buy IC2 bronze and give RP bronze?  IC2 takes 3 copper dust and 1 tin dust to make 2 bronze, while RP takes 3 copper bars and 1 tin bar to produce 4 bronze.  RP makes sense, but IC2 manages to fumble and lose half of your materials, somehow letting matter disappear when you mix it together.  1+3=2?  RP makes more sense to me, so perhaps people who've made the mistake of IC2 bronze could trade it for double RP bronze?

I don't think there's any way to convert RP bronze to IC2 bronze, so there shouldn't be a fear of rampant item duplication.
Simpler way to handle it would be to disable IC2 bronze crafting entirely and only allow bronze creation via ingots the RP2 way, but yes it should be relatively easy to set up a conversion.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: September 10, 2012, 06:54:25 pm »

Yeah that'd work, especially now that I remember IC2 includes "bronze blocks" that can back-convert into bars...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #867 on: September 10, 2012, 06:56:47 pm »

Yeah that'd work, especially now that I remember IC2 includes "bronze blocks" that can back-convert into bars...
Hrm, do they convert into IC2 bronze? That could be annoying.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: September 10, 2012, 07:03:16 pm »

Probably, but at that point it doesn't matter.  What matters is how it's turned from copper into bronze.  Once it is bronze, then bronze is bronze.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #869 on: September 10, 2012, 07:04:06 pm »

Probably, but at that point it doesn't matter.  What matters is how it's turned from copper into bronze.  Once it is bronze, then bronze is bronze.
True. Just obnoxious as it wouldn't stack I suppose.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 220