Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288614 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Forsaken's B12 Minecraft Servers
« Reply #705 on: August 30, 2012, 11:56:23 am »

If I was still in town, I'd make you a really effective egg farm.

I'm not, so I can't :(
Does it feed the chickens automatically? Because in BTW, you have to feed seeds to the chickens.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 30, 2012, 12:03:31 pm »

In the megamod server the frame quarries are running rampant.  We need a use for all this copper!  At this point I'm thinking an airship with a copper exterior wouldn't be surprising.  Copper cannot be made into microblocks, so it would be entirely whole blocks.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 30, 2012, 12:24:21 pm »

Yeah, i got 13 FPS with smooth optifine, and with normal i got 40

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #708 on: August 30, 2012, 12:25:15 pm »

ah, no, it doesn't feed them.

makes it easy enough, though (unless you have to drop the food onto the ground, in which case, it'll be useless)

Also, somewhat unusually, I can't get optifine light to install, but I can get optifine regular to do so without any problems :/
You feed them by tossing seeds on the ground near the chickens, yes. I'm guessing your design is for vanilla? In BTW eggs are more valuable because any egg that doesn't hatch a chicken becomes a cookable egg you can make into food.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 30, 2012, 01:45:10 pm »

Lets make a house on a pillar of soap in the BTW server.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 01:50:40 pm by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #710 on: August 30, 2012, 02:35:17 pm »

You could just exchange the painterly villager texture with the default one.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #711 on: August 30, 2012, 04:24:49 pm »

The windmill is completed. DO NOT LEAVE IT ON! There is a lever at the top on the gearbox, always always turn this off when you are done. If it begins raining, TURN IT OFF.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #712 on: August 30, 2012, 04:43:59 pm »

I thought that for windmills, you had to remove them, didn't know you could just apply redstone.

also, at some point, I'm making a moat with a bridge that uses lifts.
Windmills survive bad weather so long as they're not attached to a gearbox. If you apply redstone to the gearbox it turns off and will allow the windmill to survive.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #713 on: August 31, 2012, 07:06:46 am »

Right, can't even get multiMC to work for more than a couple of days. Now it's saying it couldn't create the java virtual machine.

I give up. MultiMC just seems to hate me, giving me bug after bug after bug...
I have no idea what you're doing wrong, or what is going wrong for you. Mine has worked flawlessly since I started using it. I know that doesn't help you much, but yeah.

I started building a small side building which will have the saw... once we get the saw. We need to find wolves...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 31, 2012, 07:16:10 am »

Greatorder has one.
In his village of very-far-awayia

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #715 on: August 31, 2012, 07:28:14 am »

The 'clock' will only run on the wolf while you are logged in and the chunk is active. It won't start 'producing' until you've played for a while in the area where the wolf is.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #716 on: August 31, 2012, 07:32:11 am »

no, I can't get it to work.

NOTHING seems to be getting to work like normal minecraft, it's just ballsing up left, right and centre for no conceivable reason.
Just to confirm:

1. Have you tried deleting multiMC entirely and reinstalling everything including the minecraft instance from scratch? Wipe the entire thing out and start over.

2. Have you tried using a normal minecraft client? Download a fresh 1.3.2 and mod it with modloader/BTW which only takes a few minutes, connect with that and see if it works.

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
« Reply #717 on: August 31, 2012, 08:17:40 am »

Gr I keep getting
Code: [Select]
Description: Exception occured in ModLoader
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: forge/IConnectionHandler
And yes, I started with a fresh 1.3.2, deleted META-INF, installed modloader 1.3.2 and installed BTW 4-00.
1=0

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #718 on: August 31, 2012, 08:20:59 am »

I'll do a modpack when I get home which should alleviate some of these issues.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: August 31, 2012, 10:44:06 am »

Skycity is now getting started. The frames construction bay for the city is pretty much blocked out now, so I guess build from there. Street level will be around 200, though feel free to vary that elevation for hills and such to make things interesting. From around 185-200 will be the skycity's "underground," which will be a jumble of maintenance tunnels, utility lines, and possibly a subway system; generally all sorts of mechanical sorts of things.

Skycity can be accessed via the portal in the exploit realm near the mineral processing or the linking book at the shed in ocean world. The book is a loopback which takes you directly to the portal in the exploit realm to kick you back to Skycity in ocean realm.

In other news, I suspect redpower redstone devices may be in part responsible for the crashyfuntime the clients have when frames are moving. The bay doors were causing massive crashyness, but it seems to have subsided now that I removed the 'NOT' gates which were powering the lights on the doors and replaced them with redstone torches. It may have to do with ambiguity on the client side regarding what state the redstone should be in; who knows; but it seems to have fixed it in any case. So, avoid all those wonderful RP2 redstone logic thingys & timers & such on your frames devices.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 10:50:27 am by alway »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 220