Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288589 times)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's B12 Minecraft Servers
« Reply #690 on: August 30, 2012, 06:50:40 am »

And quarries don't destroy water, in fact most people, when quarrying, put water into the quarry boundaries to make sure it can get past any lava it encounters.
This. I haven't had any water problems what-so-ever. Soooo, I don't see the issue really.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 30, 2012, 06:52:54 am »

Except for
And quarries don't destroy water, in fact most people, when quarrying, put water into the quarry boundaries to make sure it can get past any lava it encounters.
True, but it also leaves a huge hole of flowing water which murders the server.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #692 on: August 30, 2012, 07:01:20 am »

It isn't so bad in a standard sized quarry but when I did it in my quarry encompassing 9 chunks it crashed anyone who walked nearby. :P

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 30, 2012, 07:07:43 am »

Except for
True, but it also leaves a huge hole of flowing water which murders the server.
I was really finished typing when he posted that honestly. But mine is rather small and shouldn't cause that kind of problem.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #694 on: August 30, 2012, 07:09:36 am »

So long as you go in and remove the water afterwards I don't mind, but if I have to go in and fix it myself I tend to fix it with nukes.

But really why do you want to quarry in the water age when the AoE has heavy resources?

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 30, 2012, 07:11:30 am »

Mainly lack of Ender chests. More of a hassle if I have to travel back and forth between ages, and me needing to make linkbooks and such so I don't have to run forever just to get to my quarry. Things like that.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 30, 2012, 07:14:04 am »

Just lost a piston, iron pickaxe, lever, few stacks of cobble and a good bit of wood because they didn't appear with my other items when I got killed by skeletons a pile of times. I got there in time, they just didn't exist anymore.
Did the items fall in lava, fire or onto a cactus? Any of those things can destroy items.

None of those. They just weren't there when I came back, and I was there in way less then five minutes, considering I spawned really close to them.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 30, 2012, 07:19:58 am »

Forsaken, update the OP please.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #698 on: August 30, 2012, 07:23:40 am »

Forsaken, update the OP please.
Damn, I intended to do that last night. Sorry, been a lot of stuff going on. I'll get it done.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 30, 2012, 09:00:44 am »

Went cavediving in the BTW server, got 1 and half a stack of iron ore and smelted it. Built my house. If you need some iron, ask for it.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #700 on: August 30, 2012, 09:03:40 am »

I'll be building my house around the windmill. Maybe tonight or this weekend.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: August 30, 2012, 10:13:59 am »

Forsaken, how many sails did you need?
Because i'm currently milling hemp, so it would be good to know what i have to make.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 10:17:40 am by miauw62 »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #702 on: August 30, 2012, 10:34:02 am »

Forsaken, how many sails did you need?
Because i'm currently milling hemp, so it would be good to know what i have to make.
I have all the sails I needed, I just need rope for axles. Probably 20 rope/axles and at least 2 gearbox things. I also left some food in the chest and I have been feeding the chickens as I work so they should be laying eggs

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 30, 2012, 10:52:31 am »

I made some axles and gearboxes, you'll probably need to make a few more axles.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #704 on: August 30, 2012, 11:07:55 am »

I made some axles and gearboxes, you'll probably need to make a few more axles.
I estimate I'll need 20 axles, 2 gearboxes and about 20 extra pieces of rope to finish what I wanted to do. I appreciate the help though.

How hard is it to get an anvil? We need a detector block to disengage the windmill during bad weather.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 220