Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288212 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's B12 Minecraft Server
« Reply #285 on: July 27, 2012, 08:47:01 am »

Hmm, you got a point there xD

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #286 on: July 27, 2012, 08:50:29 am »

Since restricting the mystcraft world creation to only admins, I haven't had to restart the server even once due to lag.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 27, 2012, 09:19:39 am »

We really need an automated wool-farm.
If you've got the resources I would happily build one for us. Would make a nice simple first project.

Would a machine with frames that move all the time be acceptable on this server?
Why woud you need those?
All you need is deployers, transposers and pipes. (and mayby a few more RP2 machines)

(i'd let you do your thing, but a constantly moving frame machine may be a little laggy, so if we can advoid that, its better that we do advoid it)
Are you thinking of some kind of frame quarry?

In single player I usually build a big pen with a sheep of each colour. Then I have a frame boom that moves backwards and forwards over them shearing and collecting the wool. It produces more wool than having each sheep stationary in it's own pen because the sheep have more grass on offer than one per sheep.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #288 on: July 27, 2012, 09:33:27 am »

In single player I usually build a big pen with a sheep of each colour. Then I have a frame boom that moves backwards and forwards over them shearing and collecting the wool. It produces more wool than having each sheep stationary in it's own pen because the sheep have more grass on offer than one per sheep.
If you put it on a nice long timer between runs it should be no problem.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 27, 2012, 09:36:49 am »

Might as well build one without frames. Often the same sheep gets sheared on multiple passes even with it as fast as possible. Not really a problem as we'll still get plenty of wool :).
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #290 on: July 27, 2012, 09:39:21 am »

Might as well build one without frames. Often the same sheep gets sheared on multiple passes even with it as fast as possible. Not really a problem as we'll still get plenty of wool :).
You can go ahead and build it your way if you want, but yeah I think we'd have all the wool we'll ever need if you do a stationary sheer-er too. The thing will run 24/7

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 27, 2012, 09:41:41 am »

Could you whitelist me please? My Minecraft Username is Briggsy16. I've not played MP in ages and would like to play some on a modded server :D

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #292 on: July 27, 2012, 10:10:41 am »

Could you whitelist me please? My Minecraft Username is Briggsy16. I've not played MP in ages and would like to play some on a modded server :D
Will do, as soon as I get home. Wow suddenly lots of interest! :D We'll have to make a bigger town...

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 27, 2012, 10:31:43 am »

Maybe we should begin work on getting public infrastructure(power grid) in place?

I could donate some mining time since I have basically nothing to do since I don't want to go cave diving.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #294 on: July 27, 2012, 11:01:39 am »

Maybe we should begin work on getting public infrastructure(power grid) in place?

I could donate some mining time since I have basically nothing to do since I don't want to go cave diving.
I've been working on getting my quarry set up so I have resources without cave diving, myself. I did dig out 3x3 tunnels beneath each road so that we can wire up each house.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 27, 2012, 11:05:32 am »

I've been working on getting my quarry set up so I have resources without cave diving, myself. I did dig out 3x3 tunnels beneath each road so that we can wire up each house.

I know you have. You made me jump into the autosorting system and I've been there several times to look at it :P

Problem is, I don't have the diamonds to build a quarry and I wouldn't have any idea where to begin with building a frame quarry so I have to cave dive for the time being.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 27, 2012, 11:10:22 am »

I've been working on getting my quarry set up so I have resources without cave diving, myself.

I forget which mod the energy link is in but i think you got that. But give me a filler, an energy link and a mfsu with crystals and there will be large holes in the landscape.
The people that played with me on another server can attest to that.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 27, 2012, 11:11:08 am »

We could set up some kind of automated trash collecting system too.
A 3x3 tunnel is good to fit quite alot.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #298 on: July 27, 2012, 11:11:46 am »

I've been working on getting my quarry set up so I have resources without cave diving, myself.

I forget which mod the energy link is in but i think you got that. But give me a filler, an energy link and a mfsu with crystals and there will be large holes in the landscape.
The people that played with me on another server can attest to that.
I don't have an energy link mod but forestry does have electrical engines which convert IC2 EU to buildcraft MJ

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 27, 2012, 11:18:16 am »

I don't have an energy link mod but forestry does have electrical engines which convert IC2 EU to buildcraft MJ
Awh. Energy links is only limited to what you input so unless you take care it will burn power extremely fast. The electrical engines provides too little.

And which version of the mods not included in the package is the one you're using?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 220