Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288151 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Forsaken's B12 Minecraft Server
« Reply #270 on: July 26, 2012, 05:21:26 pm »

For anyone that does not like smart moving you can turn it off in game. When you start the game up it should have something at the bottom at the screen telling you that smart moving is set to something like medium and gives a button to change that. If you cycle the button one of the options if off.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #271 on: July 26, 2012, 05:25:55 pm »

The key by default is F9 to cycle it.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #272 on: July 26, 2012, 06:12:42 pm »

Turning it off is about the only way to actually do anything underwater besides swim and place blocks.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #273 on: July 26, 2012, 06:14:04 pm »

Turning it off is about the only way to actually do anything underwater besides swim and place blocks.
That is one of the things I'm looking at. Its obviously not working as intended.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #274 on: July 26, 2012, 06:22:26 pm »

No, it is working properly. The problem lies with how breaking blocks when in water works. There are 2 speeds when in the water, standing on something and just swimming. Because the mod makes you buoyant and actually swimming its hard to be on a surface so you tend to end up using the slower speed. If you hold shift you will sink to the bottom and have the regular break speed but because of being horizontal it takes long and while shifting you can't move if on the bottom, its basically really hard. Maybe the mod is supposed to make it easier when underwater but by vanilla Minecraft mechanics its working correctly.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 26, 2012, 06:32:03 pm »

If I understand the issue, it's an easy fix. If you're trying to mine/dig while standing in one layer of water, press Ctrl and you stand up.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #276 on: July 26, 2012, 06:34:46 pm »

If it was just a layer of water then just don't start swimming in the first place. No the problem is when your in deeper water.

Edit: there is now a bluetric alloy furnace in the public room, Alexander I used your diamond saw to cut a boole for the solar panel, Robo I used your alloy furnace to cook what I needed for it and took a couple batteries worth of power from you battery boxes on top of your house to get it ready for immediate use though the power should have already recharged by now.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 08:09:44 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 26, 2012, 10:03:09 pm »

I'm going to replace the torches on the ground with an automatic pop-up glowstone system, so that its normal sandstone at day, and glowstone at night. Because. Need more wool though. We really need an automated wool-farm.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
« Reply #278 on: July 27, 2012, 08:21:59 am »

Can you whitelist Me (Electronics) and darkchaos (a lurker on here and a friend) please?
1=0

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #279 on: July 27, 2012, 08:29:01 am »

I'm going to replace the torches on the ground with an automatic pop-up glowstone system, so that its normal sandstone at day, and glowstone at night. Because. Need more wool though. We really need an automated wool-farm.
Sounds awesome.

Can you whitelist Me (Electronics) and darkchaos (a lurker on here and a friend) please?
I will as soon as I get home, I can't access the server from work. I should be home by 3pm EST though. Sorry for the wait.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 27, 2012, 08:32:14 am »

We really need an automated wool-farm.
If you've got the resources I would happily build one for us. Would make a nice simple first project.

Would a machine with frames that move all the time be acceptable on this server?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 27, 2012, 08:35:46 am »

I will as soon as I get home, I can't access the server from work. I should be home by 3pm EST though. Sorry for the wait.
And Ivefan

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 27, 2012, 08:37:13 am »

If you've got the resources I would happily build one for us. Would make a nice simple first project.

Would a machine with frames that move all the time be acceptable on this server?
Why woud you need those?
All you need is deployers, transposers and pipes. (and mayby a few more RP2 machines)

(i'd let you do your thing, but a constantly moving frame machine may be a little laggy, so if we can advoid that, its better that we do advoid it)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #283 on: July 27, 2012, 08:45:58 am »

Are you thinking of some kind of frame quarry?

And Ivefan
Will do.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 27, 2012, 08:46:22 am »

I doubt one frame machine would have more of an effect than having three worlds and various machines and quarries all working at once, to be honest.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 220