Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288100 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Forsaken's B12 Minecraft Server
« Reply #240 on: July 25, 2012, 04:27:12 am »

Yeah, they are really nice though in some ways more restrictive. You have to pull the finished product from the top. To offset this and a slower crafting rate they have what I think is about a chests worth of internal inventory so you don't have to worry about things like having the stuff land in the correct spot and the fact that energy crystals don't stack. Also their grid where you place what you want crafted is one of those things where its just an image so you don't need to leave say 8 MV solar panels in the bench just so it can craft the next stage and you could in fact setup a crafting system even if you only have one of each piece you need.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #241 on: July 26, 2012, 07:21:25 am »

Got my first quarry up in the exploitation age. I'm hoping the mod authors can work together and fix the funky functioning of various machines in ages, but I worked out a good way to get 99% of the quarry output into a tube system and then back to my house. Making significant progress on my sorting/smelting system as well. Soon I shall have resources!

I've been doing testing offline in preparation for the contest start next week and I have worked out how I will set up each area. Work begins this weekend to prep the sites. Contestants, start planning your stuffs!

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 26, 2012, 08:16:52 am »

Do you want people to sign up?

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 26, 2012, 08:21:19 am »

My thing is already planned. And because we're going to have more space than I thought and infinite materials, by the time I'm done this will be outputting so much stuff that mining will be obsolete.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #244 on: July 26, 2012, 08:38:57 am »

Do you want people to sign up?
Well there's no official sign-up, just mention here that you want to enter. So far I've been writing people down as they express interest. I believe we have 4 entrants:

Peewee
Supercharazad
Tylui
Akhier

If I missed someone, let me know. I'm going to start prepping the sites tomorrow, and you can sign up at any point until 12:01AM EST on Saturday morning. Per Peewee's request, I will make each site align with the chunk borders. Will anyone need more than a single chunk to build what they have in mind?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 26, 2012, 08:41:50 am »

The new server isnt here yet?
If it isnt, i would like to sign up.

And i wont need more then a single chunk for my house.
(10x10 or 9x9 house, use extra space for garden)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 26, 2012, 08:46:25 am »

I think that I too might be inclined to join, though I do not know how much I will actually be on.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #247 on: July 26, 2012, 08:48:59 am »

The new server isnt here yet?
If it isnt, i would like to sign up.

And i wont need more then a single chunk for my house.
(10x10 or 9x9 house, use extra space for garden)
Wat? Its been up for a while.

Okay I'll go edit the first post to make this clearer, I guess a lot of people are missing the post about the new server.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 26, 2012, 08:50:56 am »

I just missed the fun part just after the server has started, so meh.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #249 on: July 26, 2012, 08:56:13 am »

I just missed the fun part just after the server has started, so meh.
Ookay? Its only been a few days, but whatever. If you like the difficulty and buildup of a rough start, I'm going to be making a PVP TFC server as soon as the newest build is stable and I get a chance to test it. ^.^

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 26, 2012, 08:57:55 am »

How about the TFC server ? Ninja'd. It seems that there is a new version (47b), if you want to restart it. The adfly links seem to link to the version 47 (not 47b) so use the other ones.

By the way, i just noticed the posts about me being logged in and not talking, i guess it was some sort of bug back when i tried to log in with the wrong version...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #251 on: July 26, 2012, 08:59:07 am »

How about the TFC server ? It seems that there is a new version (47b), if you want to restart it. The adfly links seem to link to the version 47 (not 47b) so use the other ones.

By the way, i just noticed the posts about me being logged in and not talking, i guess it was some sort of bug back when i tried to log in with the wrong version...
Once I get a chance to test it out and build the server, I'll add it in. Would you want Smart Moving included? It really adds something to the game when you can climb and move around easily like that.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 26, 2012, 09:02:08 am »

Would you want Smart Moving included? It really adds something to the game when you can climb and move around easily like that.

Honestly i tried it and didnt find it that much use. Maybe because i'm so used to normal movement. It seems that i could still play on the server without having smart moving installed though.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #253 on: July 26, 2012, 09:05:48 am »

Would you want Smart Moving included? It really adds something to the game when you can climb and move around easily like that.

Honestly i tried it and didnt find it that much use. Maybe because i'm so used to normal movement. It seems that i could still play on the server without having smart moving installed though.
I just love being able to climb over 2/3 block high walls without dropping cobblestone stepping blocks down, or shimmying along a ledge. But yes, it isn't required even if the server has it and even if you had it installed you can turn it off with F9.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 26, 2012, 09:14:00 am »

I just love being able to climb over 2/3 block high walls without dropping cobblestone stepping blocks down, or shimmying along a ledge. But yes, it isn't required even if the server has it and even if you had it installed you can turn it off with F9.

You mean 2-5. With some quick button pressing, you can get up really high things.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 220