Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 287860 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Forsaken's B12 Minecraft Server
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2012, 02:18:58 pm »

I don't get on one day because of laziness and watching Soli's livestream and what happens? You blow up the world! Goodness thats what other ages are for silly.

Edit: Okay I cleaned up the travel nexus of all the mining damage. It is not an age to mine in and the next person I catch mining in it gets a mining laser to the house.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 04:28:27 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2012, 01:19:24 am »

Well I can connect.

But when playing, the lag gets worse and worse until there is about a 40 second delay. Then I lose connection for various reasons (End of Stream, Connection reset etc). If I reconnect the delay is fine again but it just starts happening again.

Is there a proper ping readout? The phone-signal-like thing I swear lies.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2012, 01:26:09 am »

That sounds more like a memory leak rather then a connection problem. Connections problems are either there are they aren't and they tend not to steadily get worse. If I had to guess I would say that you Minecraft is not properly unloading stuff so when you disconnect it dumps what it was holding in memory.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2012, 01:35:49 am »

Well, spawn-town aka shit-town aka crapshack-town has been now all but abandoned. Major operations have moved to the desert city, where we now have a new and much improved industrial area, complete with auto-smelter. It has pretty strong walls and is well illuminated outside and in, so creepers shouldn't be a problem, with an open roof design for jetpack convenience.
The HV solar panel was almost ready when I left for the night, and will be integrated into The Grid tomorrow, so pretty much limitless energy will be available. The Grid didn't change much today, as I spent most of my time building the new industrial area and started upgrading the looks of The Grid's central facility.

And yeah; we have pretty much confirmed we all have memory leak/s. Restarting the game will dump the leaked memory and fix it temporarily; allocating more memory to minecraft will also delay its effects.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2012, 01:41:55 am »

I should probably have said that I lose connection after about 2 or 3 minutes. Pushing F3 shows that it is constant at about 20% memory usage and at ~170 FPS.

I'm going to try it in Ubuntu, just to see if that does anything.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2012, 01:44:58 am »

Spawn town is in no way abandoned. I happen to have my house there with my own power plant producing 100 EU a tick.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2012, 06:32:51 am »

I don't get on one day because of laziness and watching Soli's livestream and what happens? You blow up the world! Goodness thats what other ages are for silly.

Edit: Okay I cleaned up the travel nexus of all the mining damage. It is not an age to mine in and the next person I catch mining in it gets a mining laser to the house.

Meh, make a sand mining age and i will mine there.
Also, does mining crystals count as mining?
Also, we need to clean up travelnexus and gather the portals in a nice-looking building, tough that means relocation of all linking books.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2012, 06:54:23 am »

We've had a sand mining age... it's called flat desert, and it's been in the mystcraft room since day 2 at the latest.

My appologies for avenging myself upon miaw62 so crudely, I was planning on a less direct, passive aggressive revenge involving a blaze spawner, but the opportunity presented itself.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 09:02:36 am by Peewee »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2012, 09:02:01 am »

Peewee griefed my house.

ALL MY SHIT IS GONE DUE TO THAT IRREASONABLE DICK.

YOU HAVE TO FUKCING MAKE ME A MFSU NOW
AND 20 SOLAR PANELS
AND 30 WATER MILLS
I LOST ALL THAT FUCKING SHIT TO YOUR CHILDNESS.

THERE WAS NOT A SINGLE REASON TO DO THAT.
NOT
A
SINGLE
REASON

I tried to be reasonable.

he was messing around in my chests for no reason, just being a complete dick.
I killed him, but i didnt take any of his shit, just as a warning.

WHAT DID I DO WRONG? EXCEPT FOR YOU NEEDING SOME ATTENTION.

EDIT:

Also, i removed some instances of fucking out of my post, i dont want to get a warning due to somebody being irreasonable.

inb4 me getting called irreasonable and accused of trolling and peewee not getting any kind of punishment.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 09:22:28 am by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2012, 09:36:55 am »

:o

Well for one thing, you shouldn't kill someone just for looking in your chests. Ask him to leave and if he takes something tell me about it, don't just kill him. You may not have taken anything from him after killing him but he loses all of the xp he has and items could despawn before he returns.

Peewee shouldn't have destroyed your chest either. At least from what I gather looking at the log, he hit your house and destroyed a few things. I wasn't there so I don't know if it was an accident. I'm not going to punish anyone right now, but you two need to make up. Peewee it would be best if you replaced what you destroyed, even if it was unintentional. Miauw61, don't kill someone just for looking in your chests.

Lets try to get along here. I don't think anyone is being unreasonable, just that things got out of hand.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2012, 10:02:01 am »

Ah, now I remember why I avoided minecraft servers for so long. Drama... just can't avoid the drama.

Also, whoever's bright idea that nuclear reactor near spawn was... just brilliant.  ::)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2012, 10:08:08 am »

I say again, it wasnt me.
I said that we had to put it out further/plate it.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2012, 10:53:00 am »

Also, whoever's bright idea that nuclear reactor near spawn was... just brilliant.  ::)
I blame Fivex and/or Alway... I think someone else was involved, but they weren't there when the reactor was turned on with little to no shielding.

Peewee it would be best if you replaced what you destroyed, even if it was unintentional.
I can assure you that my actions were thoroughly intentional. At the time, I felt the irony would taste rather sweet after the suggestion that spawn could do with some remodeling.

YOU HAVE TO FUKCING MAKE ME A MFSU NOW
AND 20 SOLAR PANELS
AND 30 WATER MILLS
I LOST ALL THAT FUCKING SHIT TO YOUR CHILDNESS.
I honestly doubt all of that electrical equipment was in the chest(s?) I hit rather than your two personal safes, as I hadn't seen anything very interesting in there when I looked earlier, but I'll replace the claimed losses as claimed, for I have no reasonable evidence to what was actually lost.

EDIT:
I don't think griefing my house in return was very nice if you're really that innocent, by the way...

2nd edit: how i grammr?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 11:46:23 am by Peewee »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2012, 11:40:39 am »

I think the reactor was anybody's fault, it should only have been plated/put further out, it may just have been on the edge of a chunk, causing part of the auto-deactivate could have been unloaded.

EDIT:

Also, i'll double-check that i really lost the panels/mills/MFSU soon.

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2012, 01:43:26 pm »

So, anyone can join this... if going by your posts, radiated hell hole that you have made?  :P
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 220