Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288546 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's B12 Minecraft Servers
« Reply #510 on: August 24, 2012, 01:26:52 am »

Server's down.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #511 on: August 24, 2012, 05:08:41 am »

Server's down.
Still down? I'll see if I can get muchenik to look at it before he leaves.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #512 on: August 24, 2012, 09:39:04 am »

dammit! I was about to go on the server, but then remembered it's dow. :(
Sorry. I'm working on getting someone to check it. If nobody else is available I should be off work ~4:30 today, working late

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 24, 2012, 09:47:02 am »

Still down, so this appears to be more then a hiccup, but that it's actually down for whatever reason.

And I was just getting to work on my mobile apiary too!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 24, 2012, 09:49:55 am »

How do you want skycity to look, btw? So i can draw some rough plans on how we want to make it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #515 on: August 24, 2012, 09:53:59 am »

How do you want skycity to look, btw? So i can draw some rough plans on how we want to make it.
Skycity? Is that going in the nexus age? My preference would be plots laid out to coincide with chunks, with large buildings taking up multiple chunks. Like a town hall or shared crafting area or whatever could be 2 contiguous chunks or even four or whatever. If you mean aesthetics, that is up to you guys. I have very little fashion sense and tend to make BIG ASS CUBES OF INDUSTRY

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 24, 2012, 10:11:24 am »

Skycity? Is that going in the nexus age?
Ocean age.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 24, 2012, 11:13:34 am »

No you DONT have ocean age plans. This age was originally made for us to build a skycity in. I think darkchaos is the person you will need to ask if you want to build anything in it.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #518 on: August 24, 2012, 11:24:23 am »

So long as DarkChaos is okay with it and your plans don't interfere with the skycity it should be okay to build there.

Incidentally, no luck yet on getting in touch with either of the other two people who are able to access the server right now. May have to wait until I get out of here unfortunately. Sorry!

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 24, 2012, 11:30:24 am »

Skycity? Is that going in the nexus age? My preference would be plots laid out to coincide with chunks, with large buildings taking up multiple chunks. Like a town hall or shared crafting area or whatever could be 2 contiguous chunks or even four or whatever. If you mean aesthetics, that is up to you guys. I have very little fashion sense and tend to make BIG ASS CUBES OF INDUSTRY

Pork factories everywhere.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 24, 2012, 11:37:02 am »

I still want to capture a ghast.  If anyone used the rune powder mod, then you'll notice that you can capture mobs to produce a mob-spawn egg, and that you can then do another rune to convert a mob spawner into a type using the spawn egg.  So, it's perfectly reasonable to make a ghast spawner.  It would be a fun addition to the arena, I think.  fortify the area to protect against explosions, and then move the ghast spawner into an active position.  It could be kept in a solid block in the floor to prevent spawns, and then frame motors could push it to the surface so that the ghasts would have room to spawn.

The arena also managed to naturally spawn about 20-25 zombie pigmen, so it appears that it's using the nether spawn rules.  I think the arena may be in for a PvE overhaul, with special zombie spawners behind walls, or natural zombie pigmen, used to generate a lot of enemies behind a wall.  And then open the wall and let the horde come out at the player(s).

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 24, 2012, 11:39:27 am »

Such a onslaught would be undoubtly awesome.
Have them build a fort during a build phase, show how much time is left on one of dem fancy displays and then release onslaught.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #522 on: August 24, 2012, 11:40:49 am »

Can someone test the server now?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #523 on: August 24, 2012, 11:42:07 am »

huh. I thought ocean land would be free for anyone to do shit in, provided it wasn't too close to anyone's houses, factories or what-have-you.
Since it was made at someone's explicit request I'm letting them decide if they want to allow others to build there. If they say no, I can make another age for you.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 24, 2012, 11:42:37 am »

No, it was originally created for a floating base to be built in.
Oh, and darkchaos is apparantly a lurker. So yeah, what exactly are you going to build?
18:42 - Darkchaos: I don't have a B12 account! I'm a lurker.
18:43 - Darkchaos: I asked electronics to get me whitelisted on the server in the first palce.
18:43 - Darkchaos: place*
18:43 - Darkchaos: Plus.
18:43 - Darkchaos: I have no idea what greatorder wants to do.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 220