Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 287958 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #3105 on: September 25, 2013, 07:01:54 pm »

So apparently hammers are really useful... Why didn't anybody tell me! These TC tools are interesting...

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: September 25, 2013, 07:31:23 pm »

So apparently hammers are really useful... Why didn't anybody tell me! These TC tools are interesting...

Hammers are crazy useful. You can even put Luck on them!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: September 25, 2013, 07:45:54 pm »

Will we have more furnitures later?
My living room feel so empty, and I need propper chairs. :p
I was going to add in the furniture mod we have on the other server but it has a few sorta techy items. Still I think it would be okay, I'll probably add it in next update.
As long as ther are no complex machinery, it would be ok. :p

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: September 25, 2013, 11:38:34 pm »

So I'm going to throw my hat in and say I'm not too keen on the idea of shops and trading. The market district is a cool idea, and I like the idea of the buildings with specific stockpiles, but as far as everybody working towards their own stockpiles and trading for stuff I'm not a huge fan. The entire thing seems a lot nicer when you just try and contribute to the community.

Just my feelings on it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: September 25, 2013, 11:39:56 pm »

So I'm going to throw my hat in and say I'm not too keen on the idea of shops and trading. The market district is a cool idea, and I like the idea of the buildings with specific stockpiles, but as far as everybody working towards their own stockpiles and trading for stuff I'm not a huge fan. The entire thing seems a lot nicer when you just try and contribute to the community.

Just my feelings on it.

Yeah, same here. Buying items from NPC merchants would be cool, though.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: September 26, 2013, 12:39:16 am »

Just my feelings on it.

Yeah, same here. Buying items from NPC merchants would be cool, though.
Also agree.

Though I also think npc merchants could be pretty cool. If we do have them, perhaps have them trade otherwise extremely rare/impossible to acquire goods. Maybe even some new mods whose recipes are disabled, thus requiring certain stuff to be bought from npcs. Dunno.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: September 26, 2013, 03:34:43 am »

Well it was hell but I did it!
Whats the Max, you did one of the given objectives you were meant to do for a change?
Umm, no. I went to great trouble to bring back another horse so that Bob Horsly now has a partner and we can start breeding.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: September 26, 2013, 09:42:10 am »

a shop really only works if the items it sells are either hard or impossible to acquire otherwise... minecraft is not really a game that can be set up for a economy easilly, as anyone can make anything in it.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3113 on: September 26, 2013, 09:45:20 am »

a shop really only works if the items it sells are either hard or impossible to acquire otherwise... minecraft is not really a game that can be set up for a economy easilly, as anyone can make anything in it.
Maybe, but not everyone wants to make everything. Potions for example are super useful but take time and effort to brew so many people simply don't use them.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: September 26, 2013, 09:45:39 am »

To make up for it, we can restrict certain things little by little?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: September 26, 2013, 09:52:26 am »

That sounds just plain unfun. New person joins server, goes to make pick. Can't because he hasn't been designated pick maker, has to go to the tool shop to buy a pick, can't because he doesn't have enough money. Has to earn money by killing monsters and selling the loot. Can't buy a sword so he has to punch stuff. Kills a couple zombies then dies to a spider, and can't retrieve the former loot and has to start over killing stuff.

I don't get the push for an economy. I thought the idea of the server was co-op town building? Having to buy stuff with which to build town seems kinda counter intuitive.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: September 26, 2013, 09:56:52 am »

That sounds just plain unfun. New person joins server, goes to make pick. Can't because he hasn't been designated pick maker, has to go to the tool shop to buy a pick, can't because he doesn't have enough money. Has to earn money by killing monsters and selling the loot. Can't buy a sword so he has to punch stuff. Kills a couple zombies then dies to a spider, and can't retrieve the former loot and has to start over killing stuff.

I don't get the push for an economy. I thought the idea of the server was co-op town building? Having to buy stuff with which to build town seems kinda counter intuitive.

Though I can see where you're coming from, I really don't think it would be that extreme.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3117 on: September 26, 2013, 09:57:36 am »

There is no 'push for an economy'. I asked a question, "Would you like an economy on the server." Some people have said yes, some have said no.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: September 26, 2013, 09:58:22 am »

Well alright.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: September 27, 2013, 01:34:29 am »

Apparently there is a natura version of BiblioWoods available, compatible with our current BoP version. Perhaps we could throw that in too?
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 220