Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288677 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #2700 on: September 01, 2013, 01:56:04 am »

Gregtech now has a bronze-based lower tech tier which allows you to make steel and rubber easily.

Also this is going in my next update: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1937619-162152-ender-io-how-many-pipes-in-one-block-words-in-brackets-are-good/

(not updating right now, just compiling new stuff and updated mods)

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: September 01, 2013, 05:31:30 am »

Could we lower the spawnrate of all Mo' creatures animals and maybe switch the horsespawning off? There is really way too much going on at the surface and I think the large amount of creatures causes a lot of lag, furthermore the Mo' creatures horses are pretty much unnecessary to be spawned with the vanilla horses around.
Correct me if I'm wrong though :D

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: September 01, 2013, 07:31:40 am »

Could we lower the spawnrate of all Mo' creatures animals and maybe switch the horsespawning off? There is really way too much going on at the surface and I think the large amount of creatures causes a lot of lag, furthermore the Mo' creatures horses are pretty much unnecessary to be spawned with the vanilla horses around.
Mo'creatures horses are much expanded from regular horses, so you might want to turn the vanilla ones off if possible.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: September 01, 2013, 09:17:54 am »

Gregtech now has a bronze-based lower tech tier which allows you to make steel and rubber easily.

Also this is going in my next update: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1937619-162152-ender-io-how-many-pipes-in-one-block-words-in-brackets-are-good/

I have steam bronze extractor finally working. Main problem was that the information on how to do that was hard to find. According to my calculations 300 more copper ore will net me enough bronze to get to steel. I am not complaining but "easily" is not how I would describe it.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2704 on: September 01, 2013, 10:24:28 am »

I have steam bronze extractor finally working. Main problem was that the information on how to do that was hard to find. According to my calculations 300 more copper ore will net me enough bronze to get to steel. I am not complaining but "easily" is not how I would describe it.
Sorry. I had to go directly to an industrial blast furnace though.
from what i understand vanilla horses are able to breed with mo'creatures horses so they are useful. I'll look at ways to turn down spawn rates though.

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: September 01, 2013, 03:38:54 pm »

I'll look at ways to turn down spawn rates though.
In this post on the Minecraft forums there is a lengthy explanation about the settings in the Mo' Creatures config, I hope it helps you save a bit of time :)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: September 01, 2013, 06:58:02 pm »

Optifine seems to no longer have an effect. There's too much lag for me to play now.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2707 on: September 01, 2013, 07:23:58 pm »

Optifine seems to no longer have an effect. There's too much lag for me to play now.
From what I understand, Optifine isn't 100% compatible with forge at the moment. That said, I haven't added very much that would impact your visual performance. You get more lag now than last update, even away from other people's bases and machines?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: September 01, 2013, 07:28:30 pm »

Well, Optifine is somewhat weird when combined with the modpack. It generally worked fine for reducing lag (just no menus) but a couple of times, it just didn't work. Now it doesn't seem to work.

[Edit]Renamed it to [zOptifine, going to see if it helps. I know that with Magic Launcher, you need to put it under other mobs, so let's see if this works.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 07:30:57 pm by Elephant Parade »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2709 on: September 02, 2013, 01:21:29 pm »

Updating server.

Changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: September 02, 2013, 01:37:45 pm »

Is the experimental branch the one that's gregtechy by default? Or is that build not public yet?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2711 on: September 02, 2013, 01:41:08 pm »

Is the experimental branch the one that's gregtechy by default? Or is that build not public yet?
Its 'experimental' in the sense that its an indevelopment version with a few mechanics changes. Its still IC2, not gregtech by default.

Unfortunately its also nonoptional because railcraft now REQUIRES the experimental branch, as do a few other mods.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: September 02, 2013, 01:46:15 pm »

I meant with the hammers and wirecutters and shit. Gregtechy in that it adds stupid tools that are almost immediately replaced by another machine.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2713 on: September 02, 2013, 01:58:55 pm »

I meant with the hammers and wirecutters and shit. Gregtechy in that it adds stupid tools that are almost immediately replaced by another machine.
I... don't know? And I'm not sure why you seem so hostile? There are no wirecutters in the IC2 experimental branch. Hammers are from gregtech, I don't see any in default IC2 experimental.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2714 on: September 02, 2013, 02:23:24 pm »

So the new IC2 does have some mechanical changes I've discovered on testing. Specifically the wires now care how much power you are sending down a line.

To give an example:

Previously you could have hooked up 10 batboxes to a copper cable and had no trouble. They would send 10x pulses of 32eu each. You are effectively transferring 320eu/t over a low voltage line.
Now if you connect 10x batboxes the pulses will combine into a single 320eu pulse, so you will need HV cable or glass fibre cable. This means you'll need to be careful when connecting your wiring up!

Also: If you connect a machine that takes only 32eu/t to a line sending more than that (ie, 2 batboxes outputting to it) it will explode/melt/break.

This isn't as bad as it sounds if you have wired your stuff up sensibly. On loading I had no random explosions in my workshop, and the wiring in that place is terrible. I thought for sure I'd have at least one or two, or instances of wires melting.

Anyway... because I didn't telegraph this change very far in advance, if you DO lose something to an explosion coming from using the old wiring system let me know and I will replace it.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 220