Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288026 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Forsaken's B12 Minecraft Server
« Reply #195 on: July 21, 2012, 04:37:45 pm »

Can you whitelist me?
IGN: roboboy33
done

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 21, 2012, 04:44:03 pm »

Can you whitelist me?
done
Uh, it still says I'm not white-listed.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #197 on: July 21, 2012, 04:53:40 pm »

Can you whitelist me?
done
Uh, it still says I'm not white-listed.
Hm... that is your exact minecraft name? roboboy33? I cut and pasted it in..

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 21, 2012, 04:54:19 pm »

Downloading client pack now! Could you whitelist Tylui, please? :)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #199 on: July 21, 2012, 04:55:50 pm »

whitelisted you both. try now?

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 21, 2012, 05:10:59 pm »

I followed the instructions for install and it says "invalid or corrupt jar file"...?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #201 on: July 21, 2012, 05:12:26 pm »

I followed the instructions for install and it says "invalid or corrupt jar file"...?
You started with a clean jar, deleted meta-inf, put the files from the JAR folder inside and it says its corrupt?

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 21, 2012, 05:13:57 pm »

Figured it out! I realized I needed to extract the jar folder to the jar file inside ".minecraft/bin/" not the original .jar from minecraft.net...

durp!

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 21, 2012, 05:51:27 pm »

Well,  I tried to make plant runic dust and crashed, now I cant re-join the server. Help?\

EDIT: back in

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #204 on: July 21, 2012, 07:25:22 pm »

taking a break for a while, I'll be back later

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 22, 2012, 04:08:29 am »

Did we have Teamspeak or did i read wrongly yesterday?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #206 on: July 22, 2012, 04:15:59 am »

As far as I know there is no teamspeak or similar voice chat going on though it would probably increase and improve the chat.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 22, 2012, 04:19:35 am »

I got no problem with it, would probably help out alot with chat, so long as I don't have to fish for a download link :3

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 22, 2012, 06:38:33 am »

Sorry bout double post, but I've built the majority of a mob trap off to the side (Anyone whose seen Direwolf's FTB lets plays should know what I'm going to and how to finish it). If someone can plz finish it up, I know its an eye sore but for the time its an easy way to get bones, zombie flesh and string for us to use, once we got a decent amount of all three I'll take it down, or make it more compact and less ugly.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #209 on: July 23, 2012, 07:17:40 am »

adwarf: I did a little work on the mob trap but didn't have a lot of time to play.

Everyone:

When I get home today (~3pm EST) I will take down the server. This is to make a few changes.

I will be adding 3 mods:

Nuclear Control
Modular ForceField System
Buildcraft Additional Pipes

Once these are added and tested I will post the config files.

I will also be making a change to one config file due to an error pointed out by Tylui, who will get a special reward for spotting it and following up with me in testing it. I will discuss that with him later.

I have also lifted the restriction on nuclear reactors in town. You may build a Mark 1 nuclear reactor in your home if you like. I would prefer that we instead make a reactor complex in one of the unused plots and start setting up a power grid for everyone. To remind everyone, a Mark 1 reactor is a reactor which has a negative net heat production, that is it cools more heat than it generates each tick. If you wish to build one of the more dangerous variants, you must do so outside of town and must show the site to me first.

I noticed that, unlike last time, nobody has really put much effort into improving the community-use machines or common crafting area. People have many advanced machines in their homes, but there is still only a basic macerator/furnace setup in the common room. If anyone can spare the time, I'd appreciate it if you could improve this some. I haven't even had time to make my basic tool set because 90% of my effort has been digging out and setting up the town. :P

Also, I'd like to announce an upcoming contest!

The first Twelve Sands Mega-project contest will begin on July 30th and will run for two weeks. The objective? Build a Mega-project! But you can't just build any old statue or massive golden dong. It must be a functional and useful contraption. On the evening of August 13th, a panel of three judges will examine the entries and judge them for Aesthetics, Functionality and Ingenuity. Whatever you build must be open to the public and perform some useful function, no building a massive personal rollercoaster or massfab array. When building these projects, you may only use private wireless redstone channels. You may use portals to facilitate your creation if you wish, so long as they do not conflict with the others. This may mean you need to coordinate with the other creators and pick different color portals. Anything else is open to use with the only caveat being that you may not build something dangerous to the town. That means, among other things, no dangerous nuclear reactors or other massive explosives.

I won't reveal exactly what it is you could win, but it is something you cannot get normally.

More on this will come later. If you are interested in entering the contest, please PM me prior to friday this week so we can begin setting up this weekend.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 07:26:53 am by forsaken1111 »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 220