Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 287964 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's B12 Minecraft Server
« Reply #180 on: July 20, 2012, 10:18:34 pm »

Im alexandertnt on both steam and in MC.

Between spawn and the desert city place, there is a crater in the ground where some cabling was. Did some industrial craft component explode?

Also perhaps starting a new, more organised world isn't such a bad idea.
Agreed, along with some rules for Mystcraft

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #181 on: July 20, 2012, 10:26:08 pm »

Forsaken said when we start the next mod heavy world HE will be the only one creating worlds. You want one, you go and ask him for it and then no problem.

Tip Forsaken, since you probably don't want to bother trying to find all symbols the creative mode notebook automatically has them all.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 20, 2012, 11:32:47 pm »

Well, was just experementing with Mystcraft in the current server since I have not ever used it before. Got myseld stranded in another world. Dying just has me spawn in this new world.

Is there anyway to get back or am I just sort of screwed? When abouts is the new server going up?
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #183 on: July 20, 2012, 11:37:21 pm »

there is 2 options, one if the book you used to get there is still there then someone comes along and brings a book of save your ***, second option is forsaken deletes you data so you are reset to overworld spawn with nothing on you.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 21, 2012, 12:38:35 am »

there is 2 options, one if the book you used to get there is still there then someone comes along and brings a book of save your ***, second option is forsaken deletes you data so you are reset to overworld spawn with nothing on you.

Both sounds fine to me. For the future how would I prepare a method of getting back to the overworld?
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #185 on: July 21, 2012, 01:12:11 am »

Well if you die there is always a chance to lose your link book so there is no 100% method but some ways to deal with this is 1 bring a stand with you and leave a link book on it at spawn so if you die you have it as a backup as books are cheap, 2 instead of a stand bring crystals and such enough for a gate though this is basically option one but a more permanent option if you are going to go to the world a lot or you plan to be running for you life and need to get the hell out of dodge, 3 while not sure fire always put the star fissure symbol in books you make so there is a good chance you can easily find a star fissure back to the overworld which no creeper can blow up.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 21, 2012, 03:02:55 am »

Mayby we'll actually end up actually USING railcraft due to the lack of easy mystcraft teleportation.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #187 on: July 21, 2012, 03:23:16 am »

Mayby we'll actually end up actually USING railcraft due to the lack of easy mystcraft teleportation.
   Umm, you only need a single age made and suddenly teleportation is available. Forsaken is only stopping us from creating ages willy nilly, you can still make linkbooks as much as you want and therefor teleports are easy. This time we can actually start with a void age and make it a fancy nexus like what they have now in Direwolf's server lets play.

On the topic of Railcraft I don't believe it will be used for travel much even without mystcraft ports. Its fun but in the end people prefer to move themselves. For a roller coaster type thing or elevators and such its fun but when you have things like quantum legs and boots people will choose them over the same path over and over.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 03:26:10 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 21, 2012, 03:49:43 am »

I GOT OUT! After jumping between several worlds, I ended up in an entirely snow-world and died far from spawn, losing all my stuff. I dug down for resources and found a whole encapsuated cave-world with sugar cane. Then went to a water-world with a hole in the terrain, fell through it and ended back at spawn. Long story short Mystcraft is fun.

Definetely building a rail. Perhaps it may not be used but... trains... Though after buildcraft stuff is set up to automagically mine and smelt ore's.

You eat your own head

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 21, 2012, 05:27:10 am »

When the next TFC update comes out, does anyone want to start a new map? It increases ore spawns and it fixes the major bugs that 46b and 46c had.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #190 on: July 21, 2012, 08:22:32 am »

Tip Forsaken, since you probably don't want to bother trying to find all symbols the creative mode notebook automatically has them all.
Yes I know. The notebook in the mystcraft area IS a creative mode notebook.

And I am working on the new server a bit today.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #191 on: July 21, 2012, 01:51:43 pm »

Right!

New server is up and running.

Spoiler: Mod list (click to show/hide)

The rules for this server:

1. Do not make mystcraft worlds. All worlds will be created by me and registered so that I can keep track of them. Any world not created by me will be subject to random deletion.
2. This is not a PVP server. Do not intentionally harm or kill other players without their express consent. Organized events are fine, random griefing is not.
3. This is a whitelist server. If you cannot connect, send me a PM with your minecraft name. I have already added most people who were on the old server.
4. Don't be a dick. This is a catch-all. Don't steal people's stuff, respect other people's privacy, etc etc. Be polite and play together. Have fun.

This time I'd like to make an actual town around the spawn area, so we'll section off areas into regular plots which can be claimed by players. We can discuss more on this as we go, but no more crapshacks or shanty towns! :)

Here is a link to the pack of mods you'll need for a client:

http://bit.ly/Forsaken_ServerPack

Download that. Inside are two folders

Start with a clean download of minecraft!
Delete Meta-Inf from your minecraft.jar
Everything in the JAR folder goes into your minecraft.jar
Everything in the .minecraft folder goes into your .minecraft folder, overwriting anything already there.

I tested it and it works for me, if you have trouble post here. The server information should already be in the client once you install as above, but if not it is: muse.dyndns.tv:25510
I have included rei's minimap. If you want to install optifine, do it after putting all of this in.

The old server will still be running, for those who don't want to switch.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 21, 2012, 02:23:22 pm »

When the next TFC update comes out, does anyone want to start a new map? It increases ore spawns and it fixes the major bugs that 46b and 46c had.

I would like to, since i missed the beggining of the previous map. I logged in once but i was alone so i didnt do anything.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #193 on: July 21, 2012, 03:11:29 pm »

I would like to, since i missed the beggining of the previous map. I logged in once but i was alone so i didnt do anything.
I will update the server I have up now when there is a new release and restart the map.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 21, 2012, 04:06:26 pm »

Can you whitelist me?
IGN: roboboy33
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 220