Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288311 times)

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #1590 on: December 23, 2012, 09:50:16 pm »

Yeah, its annoying. My laptop runs Win7 and I had to look online for a registry change. It turns out there IS a setting for "Download updates, install them, nag me, but NEVER FORCE SHUTDOWN", but it requires an advanced admin tool unique to the "professional" versions. The MS help forum thingy just got the form letter about how important auto updates are and how you can turn them off.

Somebody got fed up and graciously linked to a tutorial. You just add one registry key and thats it.
The box that normally informs you you ARE shutting down in 5:00...4:49...4:48... is replaced with one that demands you click this button to restart. (it also has a "remind me in:" button that goes up to 4 hours).
This is reasonable behaviour. The default is completely unreasonable, did you know it shuts down in circumstances that would forbid a user from shutting down (unsaved MS Word document, etc.)?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1591 on: December 24, 2012, 05:21:43 am »

So I am finally getting my IC2 on and went for the LESU whatsit. When my next video finishes uploading you will only see it and 3 of the lapis addon units and its in my big building but after the video I moved it to my new IC2 area and added 4 more. I figure 8 million EU storage space is a good starting point. I am currently powering it with 10 geos pulling from my lava tank.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: December 24, 2012, 05:22:18 am »

Hm? My win7 only updates when i shut my computer down. Simple as that. I never notice anything from the updates, except for a slightly slower startup and shutdown.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1593 on: December 24, 2012, 05:34:08 am »

Yes because of how Windows is coded it can only do some updates when you shut it down so they had the brilliient idea of having the computer force shut it self down. Mine does it as well so Matz if you would link to said tutorial so I could check it out it would be a great thing all around.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: December 24, 2012, 05:58:34 am »

Just stopping by to mention that the server crashes quite often, have a look when the holidays have passed or you get time.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1595 on: December 24, 2012, 08:01:33 am »

Just stopping by to mention that the server crashes quite often, have a look when the holidays have passed or you get time.
Crashes? When I checked this morning the server was still up. Any crashing is due to instability on the mod's part in any case, not due to the server. Still, I'll restart the server to see if that helps.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: December 24, 2012, 08:17:05 am »

Then let me rephrase. Server machine is running but the minecraft server is prone to crashing. It was fine yesterday but today it has done so multiple times

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1597 on: December 24, 2012, 08:53:56 am »

Then let me rephrase. Server machine is running but the minecraft server is prone to crashing. It was fine yesterday but today it has done so multiple times
Its possible it just got bogged down. I saw this morning that it was working to regen some chunks for Thaumcraft and the cpu was redlined. It wasn't actually 'crashed' but it may have been too busy to accept player input. If it had truely crashed I'd know as I would have to manually restart it.

I'll keep an eye on it though

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1598 on: December 24, 2012, 11:55:06 am »

Working on the 1.4.6 update now.

It will feature the return of obsidian pressure plates as well as (finally!) redpower 2!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1599 on: December 24, 2012, 11:55:48 am »

Will that merit a new map for the RP stuff, or are we sticking with the current one?
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1600 on: December 24, 2012, 12:00:54 pm »

Will that merit a new map for the RP stuff, or are we sticking with the current one?
That is up to you guys. I doubt most people want me to regen the map, but if you do I'm fine with it.

Really for the RP resources you can just make mystcraft ages, or explore further than you have previously.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1601 on: December 24, 2012, 12:05:05 pm »

I wouldn't mind a fresh map, but if other people don't want it I'm cool with staying on the current one.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1602 on: December 24, 2012, 12:56:52 pm »

I wouldn't mind a fresh map.

I disliked my underwater base idea due to it being so time-consuming, but I had too much good stuff to carry in my inventory.
Underwater bases are far easier using forcefields.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: December 24, 2012, 01:12:56 pm »

I think a poll would help decide whether to regen or not.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1604 on: December 24, 2012, 01:15:26 pm »

I think a poll would help decide whether to regen or not.
Poll up.

Of course that means I can't update until I see a significant number of votes on the poll.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 220