Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 287766 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's B12 Minecraft Server
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2012, 10:11:26 pm »

Grid Update:
Current power generation: 2 MV panels, 1 LV panel
Substation #1 has opened for business in desert town and can be found by looking for a little glowstoned kiosk.

How the substations work:
Substations will be mostly underground, serving to distribute power and decrease packet size for consumption. All substations will be pulling HV from the central grid stations, powering it down to MV for your use. Each substation has 4 unattached cables with switch cables on them a few blocks under the kiosk (there will be an entrance in the center of the substation kiosk). To power your house, head to the nearest substation, run a cable from your house to the underground portion of the substation with the MV cables, then flip the switch. On = no current; off = current.

The level under the public-access wires is restricted to those who know what they are doing; it's mostly restricted to avoid any damage to the underlying grid infrastructure which in the future could cause blackouts in portions of the city.

For any needs higher than MV, tell me and I'll make special arrangements; as HV will likely imply a very high, probably consistent power drain, that will also serve to give me warning to ensure the grid has sufficient capacity to serve your needs.

Next substation location: crapshack town.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2012, 02:40:12 am »

I was tired of spawn being destroyed so I put some blocks there that I think are blast proof. I hope it works.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2012, 03:29:42 am »

I was tired of spawn being destroyed so I put some blocks there that I think are blast proof. I hope it works.
It's not a big deal if the blocks aren't actually blastproof, either. They're somewhat cheap.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2012, 03:36:17 am »

I would so trade it piece for piece for some tin. We just can't seem to get any of that stuff in any good amounts.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2012, 03:51:25 am »

i hope you havent destroyed my hole...
Even tough the plan was basically "if there is a mob, shoot it"

EDIT:
Dont update to 1.3 yet when it comes out, even tough the modders get a week "preparation time", the change from Singleplayer to Sinlge-player-but-actually-local-multiplayer will probably be big.

EDIT:
Fivex and i are working on a nuclear reactor.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 05:17:11 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2012, 03:53:44 am »

i hope you havent destroyed my hole...
Even tough the plan was basically "if there is a mob, shoot it"
The hole has been blown up like 50 times already by creepers that fell into star fissures.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2012, 04:03:01 am »

The first creeper blew the wiring and no one bothered to fix it because too much was gone. The hole has been filled and blasted in cycle a good number of times already, enough so that I don't know if anything of your hole is still there.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2012, 04:13:29 am »

EDIT:
Dont update to 1.3 yet when it comes out, even tough the modders get a week "preparation time", the change from Singleplayer to Sinlge-player-but-actually-local-multiplayer will probably be big.
From what I saw we still have almost a month until 1.3 anyway, and I wouldn't update until testing and confirming that all mods are 1.3 compat.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2012, 06:08:08 am »

I'll fix the hole with CF eventually...
Can CF be piston'd?

Also, we need a fuckton of advanced alloy, at least 1 stack and half.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2012, 06:11:57 am »

Can CF be piston'd?
Good question... I never tried. I know you can't harvest it, it just breaks. I used it for my whole house.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2012, 06:29:48 am »

Okay, just tested it in SSP, it can be piston'd

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2012, 06:33:56 am »

Okay, just tested it in SSP, it can be piston'd
Neat, though why would you need to? To make a door? You can just use a reinforced door with a lever/button/trapdoor.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2012, 06:52:46 am »

You actually have a point there.
But i already made 39 CF.
How do you make a CF sprayer, btw? NEI doesnt seem to have the recipe.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2012, 06:56:17 am »

You actually have a point there.
But i already made 39 CF.
How do you make a CF sprayer, btw? NEI doesnt seem to have the recipe.
http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=CF_Sprayer

There is even a backpack which can hold like 2 stacks of pellets.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2012, 07:05:01 am »

Thanks, its hardening now.
Didnt read the wiki tough, making as much foam as there were blocks to be covered, then compressing it into pellets was a bit overkill.

EDIT:
And i still build the nicest houses out of everybody :P

EDIT2:

The new spawn is ready!

EDIT3:
Apparantly blasts go trough diagonal corners, so the pistons kept blowing up, i replaced them with a reinforced door.
Also, dont expect the button to be there if you (re)spawn.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 10:43:23 am by miauw62 »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 220