Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 287774 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #1230 on: November 13, 2012, 12:00:36 pm »

Greg is in my mind as one of the original admins of kongregate.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1231 on: November 13, 2012, 09:07:59 pm »

So after playing for two days with it I have decided gregtech is going to stay for now. The server will go public afternoon tomorrow for anyone interested.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1232 on: November 15, 2012, 12:52:37 am »

Post when its up and I will hop on when I see it if I have the time.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1233 on: November 15, 2012, 02:07:10 am »

Yeah sorry, got caught up with homework. Will post it up soon.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1234 on: November 15, 2012, 09:12:54 pm »

Updated OP with server info. Would have been up sooner but I was squashing a bug with a few of the mods and testing the remaining functionality.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1235 on: November 15, 2012, 09:54:15 pm »

the directions work, I am on and recording. Good start spawn
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1236 on: November 15, 2012, 10:18:21 pm »

the directions work, I am on and recording. Good start spawn
thanks! Glad its working for you. Any lag? Any issues?

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1237 on: November 16, 2012, 01:06:09 am »

I played for ~2 hours and it was working smoothly for me. I managed to get a minum stone so was able to acquire my first diamond by alchemy though thats not a sustainable method so more mining for me. Though I am getting off for the night probably play more tomorrow.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1238 on: November 16, 2012, 08:42:19 am »

Awesome. This server is hosted on a linux shard in a datacenter so no downtime due to local power outages or stupid windows updates not respecting my settings. :)

It does cost me a bit but its not really a big deal. I'll be leaving this one up 24x7 as before, please let me know if you notice any issues.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1239 on: November 16, 2012, 01:25:53 pm »

I been on some more today and found diamonds. All good so far though having others on would be fun. I made my house a little more fancy and found a decent cave. Also I did not record today but last night I got fourish 30 minute chunks of video which I will probably get the first up later today and be posting the link here and in the mods thread so we may get some people in with that.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1240 on: November 16, 2012, 01:35:33 pm »

Sounds good, I'll be sure to check it out. Anyone is welcome to join the server really. I haven't had much time for playing minecraft lately tbh, but I plan to pop on when I can and actually enjoy my own server. In the middle of a job transition and trying to keep up with homework. The 6 hours I worked to bring the server/client up to this point was about all the free time I had. :)

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1241 on: November 16, 2012, 01:40:46 pm »

Ouch, well hopefully the transition will go smoothly. So far there isn't anything much though I do have a few diamonds. My house is cobble though it looks nice and castlely. I started a smallish mine at the end of a ravine which was right at spawn and I got a jungle tree behind my house (not a jungle, just a single tree).

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1242 on: November 16, 2012, 03:55:05 pm »

how's the custom dwarf fortress mod coming along?

or has it been dropped?
As I said above, I've been rather busy with other things. Its not dropped but it's on hold pending my life calming down a bit.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1243 on: November 16, 2012, 04:16:14 pm »

Hard mode is annoying with the hunger. I can't run 2 steps without keeling over :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1244 on: November 16, 2012, 04:19:15 pm »

Hard mode is annoying with the hunger. I can't run 2 steps without keeling over :P
It does indeed make food a very important thing. I'm more or less used to it because I always play on hard mode. I've found that potatos are amazing food though. Its incredibly easy to acquire several stacks of them and cook them up.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 220