Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 287752 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #1200 on: October 24, 2012, 08:47:01 am »

That's possible. I'm going to explore the possibility of new biomes and such, but my #1 focus is keeping this compatible with other mods because I want to run it on a server with the major technical mods.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1201 on: October 24, 2012, 02:57:59 pm »

Your codeslaves could look at Thaumcraft and its aura taint, just have a fixed value version of something similar to that, good areas have good things, evil areas have evil things, no changes to biomes themselves aside from mobs.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1202 on: October 24, 2012, 03:00:31 pm »

Your codeslaves could look at Thaumcraft and its aura taint, just have a fixed value version of something similar to that, good areas have good things, evil areas have evil things, no changes to biomes themselves aside from mobs.
Oh, that would be interesting. Make 'good' and 'evil' a rating per chunk which affects the spawn rate and spawn types. I'd need to come up with more mobs though to fill out spawn lists.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1203 on: October 24, 2012, 03:08:02 pm »

Cave Pigs should be Emu's, this way you can remove chickens from the list as you get feathers and eggs as well, Cave Sheep could be Furry Wamblers, and the Cave Cow can be the fat bisons
bison ... tall enough that you can't look over them, with stubby legs and thick rolls of fat.
which are also blind and albino.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: October 24, 2012, 03:25:46 pm »

Alternately, for good/evil/normal regions, have something like Mycelium that gives off a good/evil aura that effects spawns.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1205 on: October 24, 2012, 03:27:53 pm »

Alternately, for good/evil/normal regions, have something like Mycelium that gives off a good/evil aura that effects spawns.
Like an evil creep that grows across the land? Thaumcraft already does that a bit, and it could get out of control sometimes.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: October 24, 2012, 03:34:08 pm »

Doesn't necessarily have to take over by itself, but it leaves the possibility of manually expanding or getting rid of a good or evil region by cultivating or clearcutting.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1207 on: October 24, 2012, 03:43:43 pm »

Maybe having something like a strong [alignment] terrain and a weak one. The strong one makes any non aligned tiles next to it into a weak one and the weak ones don't spread but if broken gives a strong one so you can slowly spread the stuff.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1208 on: October 24, 2012, 04:21:26 pm »

Or an aura system where you can build statues, temples and other (un)holy things to purify/taint the land slowly. Maybe they could grant you bonuses per % of grown area. Say, an altar to Urk, god of wealth and nights, could give you gold bars at a rate based on how much evil is around it.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1209 on: October 24, 2012, 04:23:13 pm »

While these are cool ideas, they seem a bit outside the idea of "Make minecraft feel a bit more like DF". Though the statue/aura/good/evil idea is cool and I could see making a separate mod with world effects stemming from statues and objects

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: October 24, 2012, 04:31:29 pm »

A basic aura system would be fun, because that's a key part of DF and its pursuit of zombie magma.  It could have some basic effects, like convert trees into a certain type and change the type of tall grass that grows - grass blocks seems like something a bit harder to change.  When you break normal tall grass it gives wheat seeds, when you break evil tall grass it gives, I dunno, demon wheat, which gives a +armor effect when you eat/drink, and good tall grass could give angel wheat, because I suck at names, which gives healing effect.

The bees mod is fun too.  Demon bees hurt mobs nearby the hive, and royal bees heal mobs.  That could be fun for generating "goblin tower" map structures, which are best assaulted via TNT cannon and then facing down the horde of goblins that spill out.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: October 24, 2012, 04:32:49 pm »

You know what would be cool. An Texture Pack to go with it that changes the mobs to appear as.
Zombie - Goblin
Skele - BowGoblin
Spider - Kobold
Creeper - BombGoblin

Or something like that...
You could explain the Kobold's 2x2 footprint by saying that its his Bag thats taking up the larger space...
That would take more than a texture pack, would require new models for each.
why would it take a new model when its just a redskin of the normal things. I am not saying make new characters...
But then again I have no idea how texture pack creation works...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1212 on: October 24, 2012, 04:33:52 pm »

You know what would be cool. An Texture Pack to go with it that changes the mobs to appear as.
Zombie - Goblin
Skele - BowGoblin
Spider - Kobold
Creeper - BombGoblin

You could explain the Kobold's 2x2 footprint by saying that its his Bag thats taking up the larger space...
why would it take a new model when its just a redskin of the normal things. I am not saying make new characters...
The texture is the 'skin' wrapped around the model. If you put a kobold texture on a spider, you'll get a kobold with 8 legs who still looks and acts like a spider. :P

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: October 24, 2012, 04:35:36 pm »

Zombie - Goblin
Skele - BowGoblin
Spider - Kobold
Creeper - BombGoblin

The texture is the 'skin' wrapped around the model. If you put a kobold texture on a spider, you'll get a kobold with 8 legs who still looks and acts like a spider. :P
ah I see....
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: October 24, 2012, 04:36:55 pm »

Nevyn doesn't seem to understand how models and textures work.
Model is the shape.
Texture is the color of the shape.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 220