Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 287777 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #1140 on: October 22, 2012, 01:25:43 pm »

So I suggest Tower Cap, Nether Cap and Goblin Cap. Tower Cap for the standard wood, Nether Cap for icewood, and Goblin Cap for some really vibrant looking wood.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: October 22, 2012, 01:30:32 pm »

Another good point from Girlinhat.
We need booze. Loads of it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1142 on: October 22, 2012, 01:33:55 pm »

Oddly enough those are the three I picked! I'm keeping it to 3 for now. I was thinking of making tower caps glow slightly as well.

Tower Caps are tall and pale white. Nethercaps will be medium height, blue/black, magma/fire safe. Goblin caps short and stumpy, possibly dripping green from the caps. All three will give 'wood' from the stalk and some sapling analogue. Still working out the details, all ideas welcome.

Shoomtrees will grow only in low light, as will all underground crops. At least that's the plan.

Booze I may or may not add. What effect would it have? Still got details to work out.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: October 22, 2012, 01:36:54 pm »

possibly dripping green from the caps. All three will give 'wood' from the stalk and some sapling analogue.
That's what she said?
Booze I may or may not add. What effect would it have? Still got details to work out.
Well, in tekkit (i think it was IC2) booze had nice effects. Fire resist on the first sip, blindness on the second sip and blindness and confusion on the third sip.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1144 on: October 22, 2012, 01:47:43 pm »

possibly dripping green from the caps. All three will give 'wood' from the stalk and some sapling analogue.
That's what she said?
Well, in tekkit (i think it was IC2) booze had nice effects. Fire resist on the first sip, blindness on the second sip and blindness and confusion on the third sip.
Yeah, seeing as this is being designed to work with the major technical mods I'm not sure if I want to make my own booze system, but I will if I come up with something cool/fun for it to do that IC2 booze doesn't do.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: October 22, 2012, 01:50:50 pm »

Oddly enough those are the three I picked!
Great minds think alike ;D

To stay with the DF theme, give it all of the efficiency increasing buffs for a short time, to emulate the loss of speed when Dwarfs don't drink.
My cabbages!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1146 on: October 22, 2012, 01:52:50 pm »

That may work, but in that case I'd just make a generic 'booze' instead of making wine/rum/beer/etc. And if I can I'll make it disable that simple booze system and have these crops work with IC2's booze system for other effects. Still exploring what is possible.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: October 22, 2012, 01:55:01 pm »

You only really need one booze item, the goal should be to emulate DF, not simulate it in its entirety.

As for booze making, if you wanted something more fun than the IC system, you could see if any of the old potion making code is still around, brewing booze by tossing random shit into a cauldron and hoping it doesn't kill you is a bit more fun than tossing random shit into a barrel and hoping it doesn't kill you :P
My cabbages!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: October 22, 2012, 02:58:01 pm »

You should be able to craft wood in a shapeless empty grid to produce mushroom saplings, or perhaps crafting with a certain tool to get saplings from wood.  Mushroom wood, that is.  It makes sense for spores.

Just make booze into a food, for starts.  Different booze can give different buffs, but from the beginning you should be able to brew 3x wheat into 1x beer, and consume it for the same food value as a load of bread.  You could make it into a sort of furnace, where you put in food items and it slowly ferments/distills them into booze.  It holds some booze in itself, but when you put a mug in the output slot, or right click an empty mug on the brewery, then it fills the mug and can be drunk.  If they can be piped, the auto-boozery is possible.  Just set the farm to running, then waltz over with your mug and draw a pint!

Bonus points if you can craft barrels with wood, likely 3x planks on the left and 3x planks on the right to form a hollow pillar, and you can fill it with multiple charges of booze to lug around a big supply.  And this of course leads to placing barrels and barrel carts.  Maybe booze source blocks so we can get a beerfall.  It could steal a little code from Finite Liquid, or you could just use like 10 barrels' worth to make a single source block, to show off your worth.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: October 22, 2012, 03:19:31 pm »

Why so many barrels for a source block?
My cabbages!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: October 22, 2012, 03:24:33 pm »

As I said, just to show off.  It'd have to be a finite fluid source if you wanted to refill mugs from it.

Also should make the mod detect is IC2 is installed, and if so, allow for Booze Cells to be crafted, possibly as a fuel source.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: October 22, 2012, 03:35:28 pm »

No need to make it require 10 barrels, just make it take one barrel but not create infinite source tiles.
My cabbages!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: October 22, 2012, 03:49:02 pm »

Maybe booze source blocks so we can get a beerfall.
My cabbages!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: October 22, 2012, 03:54:25 pm »

Yes, but if it's not an infinite source then you get into funkier game mechanics.  If it's possible, then I'm all for it!  Booze-falls are the dream of every dwarf and dwarf-related entity.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: October 22, 2012, 04:00:22 pm »

Yes, but if it's not an infinite source then you get into funkier game mechanics.  If it's possible, then I'm all for it!  Booze-falls are the dream of every dwarf and dwarf-related entity.
It'd basically function like lava or oil, flows normally, but doesn't replenish like water does.

Although I now realise that we're talking about two different definitions of infinite :P
My cabbages!

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 220