Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 287764 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #1125 on: October 21, 2012, 04:14:12 pm »

wait, you trying to do that DF mod thingy?
..yes? I did say I was doing it didn't I? Its just taken a while to get people interested.
well, as far as I'd known, you still had nobody developing it.

welp, veel geluk
Danke

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1126 on: October 21, 2012, 04:33:59 pm »

I'm willing to help with item sprites.

Also I'd highly advise taking a peek on terrafirmacraft's worldgen, not only for its increased sealevel but all the stone and ore types (it is based on DF pretty much). Its metallurgy system is also very interesting.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1127 on: October 21, 2012, 04:47:02 pm »

I'm willing to help with item sprites.

Also I'd highly advise taking a peek on terrafirmacraft's worldgen, not only for its increased sealevel but all the stone and ore types (it is based on DF pretty much). Its metallurgy system is also very interesting.
I don't want anything as indepth as TFC's 18 types of stone and such, I just wanted a more DF flavor/theme for minecraft and the ability to exist entirely underground without anything from the surface. I will have them take a look at TFC for the increased sealevel and probably throw them a PM to see how they managed it, but it was indicated to me that doing it while maintaining compatibility with other mods would be extremely time consuming and complex. Maybe we could do this later but for now we'll do what we can.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: October 21, 2012, 05:23:24 pm »

I think TFC just made an all-new set of biomes.  Apparently all the biomes count as "plains" under certain map editors.

The thing to making a DF mod, is not to make DF.  You just need the feel of DF.  Fungal wood, edible shrooms, lots of booze, and lots of goblins.  You get into the earth and then you Dig Deeper, until you're at the bottom and you fall out the other side.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1129 on: October 21, 2012, 05:33:50 pm »

I think TFC just made an all-new set of biomes.  Apparently all the biomes count as "plains" under certain map editors.

The thing to making a DF mod, is not to make DF.  You just need the feel of DF.  Fungal wood, edible shrooms, lots of booze, and lots of goblins.  You get into the earth and then you Dig Deeper, until you're at the bottom and you fall out the other side.
Yep, and that's what I'm going for. Not trying to replicate DF entirely, just the feel. And I want it to be possible to live entirely underground without ever seeing the surface. In fact if this works out, the spawn will be moved to a suitable large cavern.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1130 on: October 21, 2012, 05:43:38 pm »

add trolls.

and cave dragons.
I haven't decided what mobs, if any, will be added. Right now we're focused on the basic mechanics like the new crops and such.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: October 21, 2012, 05:55:54 pm »

I think just having more mobs in smaller, tighter clusters would help.  Instead of spawning like 5 clusters of 3 zombies each, spawn 1 cluster of 20 zombies.  Get some epic started there!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1132 on: October 21, 2012, 06:36:01 pm »

I think just having more mobs in smaller, tighter clusters would help.  Instead of spawning like 5 clusters of 3 zombies each, spawn 1 cluster of 20 zombies.  Get some epic started there!
I'll see what I can do.

for the crops, are you going to make them take longer to grow, or will they take just as much time?
I was going to have them more or less take as long as wheat takes to fully mature. I don't have any hard data on the growth time of various crops though, I'll still need to do some research there.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1133 on: October 21, 2012, 06:38:47 pm »

Yes, yes and yessss!
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: October 21, 2012, 06:43:42 pm »

And by "zombies" I mean "goblins who wear armor that's actually too small for you, so it actually counts as a type of ore."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1135 on: October 22, 2012, 01:00:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mushroom 'wood' testing, seems to work ingame. Texture is a placeholder for now, but that will be the tower cap. There will be 3 fungus trees found in caves and growable underground.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: October 22, 2012, 01:03:38 pm »

Fancy!  Do shrooms have a specific growing condition?  More light, or no light, or is light not an issue?  Water seems important for shrooms too.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: October 22, 2012, 01:09:19 pm »

wait, you trying to do that DF mod thingy?
..yes? I did say I was doing it didn't I? Its just taken a while to get people interested.
well, as far as I'd known, you still had nobody developing it.

welp, veel geluk
Danke
I'm no expert at German, but i'm pretty sure that "veel geluk" is Dutch.

Either way, it would be nice if you somehow managed to increase the amount of stone to dig around in by alot and added larger caves.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1138 on: October 22, 2012, 01:21:54 pm »

Needs Nether Cap, and have it be magma safe. Just for the fun of having wooden magma conduits.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: October 22, 2012, 01:23:07 pm »

I must agree there.  Nether Caps are a must!  If not for the wooden magma tunnels, then for the ability to craft Nether Cap mugs and have them provide a small boost to booze consumption.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 220