Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 287815 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #1110 on: October 19, 2012, 03:32:40 pm »

Have you considered adding Cart Mod? Assuming it updates ofc.

It's nice for transporting goods around between bases, and a serious lifesaver for making a farm, because you don't need to painfully lead animals to the pen with wheat.
It is on my watchlist actually, and if it does update I will certainly be adding it.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1111 on: October 19, 2012, 03:37:44 pm »

I suggest pairing it with the turret mod.

Because walking around with a turret in a cart dealing death to everything that comes near you is far more fun than it should be.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: October 19, 2012, 08:21:01 pm »

I wonder, how would making multiple cities work just for the hell of it?

I don't mean each of us "living" in a different city. Already the Sands Town or something has an example of "planned housing" that is a bit heavy handed, granted. Now the Sky City is being chaotic on purpose, and I can dig that... after all, I made a multiple-chunk "mansion" that's still not finished... I had to claim the land space quickly because people were quickly encroaching in my planned building area tho, luckily I managed to do it.

So, we could have another city close to Sandy Sand, connect them with an elevated train or something fun like that. And in general, never stop expanding into "new" cities, a healthy distance apart from each other obviously.

I was actually having some fun with the bees, but for some reason a chunk in my "ranch" rolled back and the other didn't. The chunk where I took the bees from, including some rare ones, didn't reset and was left devoid of bees, while the other chunk did reset and was left empty also.

So I gave up on that for now :P
I'm sorry to hear that. The only consolation I can offer is that when RP2 updates I'll be putting in the newest version of Extrabees which promises to be much more stable. In fact the server overall should be far more stable in SMP.

The most annoying part of beekeeping is that there's no way to breed more Queens. You HAVE to keep finding hives and breaking them. So you end up hunting for all the Meadows or other cheap hives you can find and try to turn their queens into some species that you already have drones of, by repeatedly mating them. Plus all the crap bees you end up throwing into your garbage disposal :P

Hopefully this is all solved with the Extrabees machines (you can recycle bees in those, and I assume you can make new bees or "change" existing ones, but I don't know if you can get Queens from other types... I should experiment a bit probably).
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 08:24:39 pm by Sergius »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: October 19, 2012, 08:30:17 pm »

The Extrabees thingers don't generate new bees.  Instead you can use bees to make a "blueprint" and then make any living bee into that blueeprint.  For instance, toss 20 water drones into the machine, get 1x water blueproint.  Toss a meadows queen in and convert it to a water queen.

It's Unlocks no new abilities, it's just easier than repeatedly throwing drones at a queen until she converts.  It also makes it easier to breed ones like Rocky, which give 1 drone per generation.  Fine like 20 hives, throw all the drones in, get a rocky blueprint, and you're set!

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: October 19, 2012, 08:44:25 pm »

Ok so basically it turns drones into other drones, and queens into other queens?

Oh well... guess it's important to be careful with losing queens. That was my main issue with that rollback, most of my queens, that I went thru great pains to breed into better ones (getting more drones per breeding, for example) were gone :P

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: October 19, 2012, 08:47:01 pm »

Yep, just converts to what you already have.  Nothing new is generated.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: October 20, 2012, 05:36:33 am »

If we could like have a space realm i would be happy.
I wanted to return to this server so i could build my space station. When i have done the mandatory task of setting up my own quarry. Or if anybody would be so kind to lend me theirs?
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: October 20, 2012, 06:21:45 am »

I think alway wont mind if you use his frame quarry.
There should be a linking book to the frame quarry in the ocean world.
The stuff is sorted at the age of exploitation base that should also be linkbooked at the ocean world.
If you're lucky, it even has some timers left on it.

FAKEEDIT:
Oh, i remember, the linkbooks are not in the base the portal goes to, they are on alway's mobile base. It should still be parked in skycity.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: October 20, 2012, 12:49:28 pm »

I think force fields are nearly mandatory if you want to construct in Space or a sky land, unless you want to constantly fall to your death and have all your inventory despawned...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1119 on: October 21, 2012, 01:44:09 pm »

So it has been determined through experimentation that raising the sea level and ground breaks pretty much the entire game. If anyone knows a way to do it, please let me know because... well..

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: October 21, 2012, 01:51:20 pm »

I see no problems there.
My cabbages!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1121 on: October 21, 2012, 01:56:46 pm »

I see no problems there.
:P

In other news, would anyone be willing to make me some art assets? I'll need textures for things like fungus wood, crops, etc

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: October 21, 2012, 02:15:24 pm »

I suggest asking Vattic if he's around. He's got himself one of them thar fancy texture pack dealies.
My cabbages!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1123 on: October 21, 2012, 02:16:37 pm »

I suggest asking Vattic if he's around. He's got himself one of them thar fancy texture pack dealies.
He does do some sexy textures. I'll PM him.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1124 on: October 21, 2012, 03:47:50 pm »

wait, you trying to do that DF mod thingy?
..yes? I did say I was doing it didn't I? Its just taken a while to get people interested.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 220