Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Human itens  (Read 731 times)

dwarf_granada

• Bay Watcher
  • ?
    • View Profile
Human itens
« on: July 04, 2012, 12:45:20 pm »

Hello there.

A human law-giver vampire came to my fortress -i dont even know even this risk exist- and i killed him before he infected some of my dwarf.  ;)

After he died i claimed his itens, but there are 3 itens that no dwarf move, an human nail amulet/crown and a human hair bracelet. Why that?

And another question... Some months later(maybe a year) the humans layed siege on me. Was because the law-giver death?

More one question... Will human avoid traps? Because they just stand on the border of the map and do nothing. The only entrance to my fortress is trough a maze with tons of traps, pits and stuff. I'm sure that the path is passeable, because i tested with my dwarfs.

Well, thanks and sorry for my english :3

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Human itens
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 01:18:08 pm »

More one question... Will human avoid traps? Because they just stand on the border of the map and do nothing. The only entrance to my fortress is trough a maze with tons of traps, pits and stuff. I'm sure that the path is passeable, because i tested with my dwarfs.

I did not know than humans can besiege a fortress, but as for invaders, yes they may wait quite a while at the border (that's lucky, it gives us time to prepare), and yes they may escape the traps (although cage traps are quite effective).
Killing dwarves is so much fun. Heck, even the dwarves agree, else they wouldn't kill themselves so often.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 01:20:14 pm »

I'm not sure why they would refuse to move the human products, no idea there.

Killing the law-giver likely pissed them off enough to decide to siege you.

Humans, unlike every other race that besieges you, aren't complete morons and will wait on the map edge for a bit, only attacking dwarves that wander too near. Then they charge like morons. Any traps their diplomats (i.e. the law-giver) have seen will be rendered null when the humans attack. Deconstructing and rebuilding the trap fixes this, even if it's the exact same trap on the exact same tile.

dwarf_granada

• Bay Watcher
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 01:36:01 pm »

I did not know than humans can besiege a fortress, but as for invaders, yes they may wait quite a while at the border (that's lucky, it gives us time to prepare), and yes they may escape the traps (although cage traps are quite effective).

Well, they where humans, and at the left top of screen was a "siege warning".

Humans, unlike every other race that besieges you, aren't complete morons and will wait on the map edge for a bit, only attacking dwarves that wander too near. Then they charge like morons. Any traps their diplomats (i.e. the law-giver) have seen will be rendered null when the humans attack. Deconstructing and rebuilding the trap fixes this, even if it's the exact same trap on the exact same tile.

I went impatient on waiting, so i sent my 10 legendary sworsdwarf to kill the human siege. 10 dwarf versus 17 humans + 1 panda. Only one dwarf died  8)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 01:46:43 pm »

After he died i claimed his itens, but there are 3 itens that no dwarf move, an human nail amulet/crown and a human hair bracelet. Why that?
Hair and nails have no actual material classifications, so no stockpiles will ever claim goods made from them.

Humans, unlike every other race that besieges you, aren't complete morons and will wait on the map edge for a bit, only attacking dwarves that wander too near.
Back in older versions, sieging humans would hang around for up to a year, compared to other sieges which would give up and leave after 3 months. Whether or not this is still the case has not been confirmed.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 01:49:12 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

dwarf_granada

• Bay Watcher
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 01:56:53 pm »

Hair and nails have no actual material classifications, so no stockpiles will ever claim goods made from them.

So the itens will be there forever?  :o

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 02:01:41 pm »

So the itens will be there forever?  :o

Until the caravans arrive. Go to the "crafts" menu and they'll be in there. Dwarves have no problem with accepting dwarf goods, humans and human goods etc. etc.

dwarf_granada

• Bay Watcher
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 02:06:50 pm »

Oh, thx..

And... Am i at war with humans now? I mean, they layed siege on me. Does that mean that we are at war? Should i expect more sieges? Make more traps, get more soldiers?

And one more thing. Can i kill my baron? He keep sending mandates. I hate that

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 02:17:56 pm »

War or peace status is in the "c" menu (civilizations?), if I remember correctly.
Killing dwarves is so much fun. Heck, even the dwarves agree, else they wouldn't kill themselves so often.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 03:55:33 pm »

at some point they'll send a diplomat to make peace

and yes, human soldiers are immune to any traps one of their diplomats spotted.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

dwarf_granada

• Bay Watcher
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 04:05:48 pm »

If i attack the caravan, they will declare war and attack-me? What are the other consequenses?

It is the first time my fortress can last more than 2 years, so there are lot of new things to me.  :)

I made a LOT of traps do defend my fortress, but... Until now the only thing that attacked-me was the human siege. Not even a ambush :/

I want to test my traps :]

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 04:16:35 pm »

If i attack the caravan, they will declare war and attack-me? What are the other consequenses?

It is the first time my fortress can last more than 2 years, so there are lot of new things to me.  :)

I made a LOT of traps do defend my fortress, but... Until now the only thing that attacked-me was the human siege. Not even a ambush :/

I want to test my traps :]

are you using any mods? usually humans don't attack after just one caravan
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

dwarf_granada

• Bay Watcher
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 04:22:42 pm »

I am on this fortress for 6 years.

But still the only that lasted more than 2 years.

I dont use any mods, i think  ???