Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 339

Author Topic: SCIENCE, Gravitational waves, and the whole LIGO OST!  (Read 506390 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: SCIENCE, the Higgs, and everything else!
« Reply #1125 on: February 10, 2014, 08:15:18 pm »

Kick it int'overdrive. Go with ants.

Alternately, bed bugs, so that they become smart enough to know why we kill the bastards. It might be interesting to have another sentient species around that we humans would actually unite together in attempt to genocide, and those are one of the handful of species the chances of us finding common ground are pretty much nil.

Haha, seriously though just go with chimps and get it over with. And then teach them how we did it and pass the buck down.
wait shit no

platypus
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 08:20:05 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #1126 on: February 10, 2014, 09:13:50 pm »

Moles. While still giving them digging capability/instincts. Sounds weird, I know, but we could never enslave them without some pretty dire consequences (oh, you're holding some of us in camps to dig out your uranium pits? How about we undermine a skyscraper or two), and they could help us dig out awesome mountain-homes to peacefully-coexist-style. They've already sort of got arms/hands, even.

Failing that, squid/cuttlefish/octopus, for some of the same reasons, and because they've already got awesome brains. edit: cuttlefish are also adorable.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 09:22:33 pm by Eagleon »
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 11, 2014, 01:41:03 am »

Elephants, crows, or octopi. Dolphins can go suck an egg, I don't want a race of raping necrophiliacs running swimming around.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: February 11, 2014, 04:49:02 am »

Elephants, crows, or octopi. Dolphins can go suck an egg, I don't want a race of raping necrophiliacs running swimming around.

Crows. They can mimick human speech already, dammit.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 11, 2014, 05:19:01 am »

Ducks, then. Nothing can go wrong with uplifting ducks (you've probably all seen this at this stage though).

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: February 11, 2014, 07:12:25 am »

Orcas. We don't exactly compete for resources with them, and they're friggin awesome.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: February 11, 2014, 01:14:47 pm »

Kick it int'overdrive. Go with ants.
This. Sentient ants would be amazing. It would probably result in huge biosphere ending problems (which includes the death of humanity as a minor footnote), but it would be amazing.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: February 11, 2014, 01:25:47 pm »

It seems like a good idea not to uplift any species that we might've been dicks to sometime in our long and dickishnessfull history. After all, what's the point, if afterwards you need to kill them all in a bitter war of vengeance?
Which leaves, what? Rock eating bacteria?

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: February 11, 2014, 04:30:15 pm »

...cats? Okay, we might have burned them as witches' pets at some point, but also revered them as gods for millenias and are now making them the center of the Internet, so it more than balances out I think.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: February 11, 2014, 04:41:17 pm »

I'm not sure. Have you ever read the ingredients box on cat food cans? Generations of being fed that stuff may be taken as eugenics or mass-sadism.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: February 11, 2014, 04:50:14 pm »

I'm pretty sure we've tortured every species at some point in it's existence.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: February 11, 2014, 05:37:07 pm »

Ducks, then. Nothing can go wrong with uplifting ducks (you've probably all seen this at this stage though).

I like how it says "scientifically accurate" but still depicts the flu as causing any gastrointestinal symptoms whatsoever :I

Nah, it's more like a cold with brown snot and more moaning and fever and everything is worse all the time.

(I had the H1N1 swine flu back when that scare was going on)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: February 11, 2014, 05:39:47 pm »

I'm not sure. Have you ever read the ingredients box on cat food cans? Generations of being fed that stuff may be taken as eugenics or mass-sadism.

My cat loves it anyway. It's like arguing that if aliens were responsible for beaming us down the recipe for hamburgers, we would hate the aliens.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 11, 2014, 06:11:39 pm »

Hamburgers have not nearly as little meat and as much ash as cafood. If your cat could read, it would murder you and eat your liver.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: February 11, 2014, 06:16:32 pm »

If cats could read and were large enough to take us in an open fight, they would murder us and eat our livers, but that has nothing to do with what we feed them or the ability to read. They'd murdernom us because they're (cute, fuzzy, purr-y) sadistic little murderbeasts that murdernom basically anything that can't fight them off and some things that can.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 339