Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Infinite Vomit  (Read 6370 times)

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Infinite Vomit
« on: July 04, 2012, 04:18:43 am »

So my quite succesful adventurer, slayer of many and vanquisher of ten megabeast and titans, decided to explre the hills of suffering. I
killed some necromancers in a tower there, then i started to travel back home.
Then some stinking, pink ooze started to rain, and the nightmire began.
I arrived to town and started vomiting over everything. The townsfolk began to vomit as well.
i traveled to the capital, cleaned myself and waited a week, trying to heal. It didn't work, i continue vomiting. I infected the town,
including the human king when i wnt to talk with him.

So: Anyone has some advice about how to heal myself? the sickness seems to persist even after several baths and a lot of waiting, and
everyplace i go ends covered in vomit and with everybody infected. Although now i have infinite self made trhowing ammuninition.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

blarg552

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Infinite Vomit
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 04:45:46 am »

Goddamnit why am I laughing?

FingO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 04:48:21 am »

everyplace i go ends covered in vomit and with everybody infected. Although now i have infinite self made trhowing ammuninition.

Why change that? This line sounds like THE BEST ADVENTURER EVER MADE.
"In Plaguemoments I slew a human over a week." - Em Kisstorments, administrator

"Can Kutsmob Pimplehate save the world?" was a legendary bone-bound book. The written portion consists of a 30 page essay entitled "Can Kutsmob Pimplehate save the world? authored by Kutsmob Pimplehate. It concerns the giving up on being a fishery worker of the goblin necromancer Kutsmob Pimplehate in Bristleseductions in 29. The writing has its moments of cleverness.

blarg552

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 05:23:40 am »

Why change that? This line sounds like THE BEST ADVENTURER EVER MADE.

Seriously! What beats making every town you go through a chunky slip n' slide?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 05:52:41 am »

Oh man. :)) Sounds like the beginnings of the vomitocalypse!
Drat, that sounded better in my head. Then again, I'm sure McAdventurer's lunch felt better in his stomach...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Isa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 07:29:02 am »

It seems your adventurer has bulimia.

Headhanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 07:43:53 am »

This is amazing.

If only mountainhomes and dark towers were around. You could infect the mountainhomes, retire, start a fortress, and then see if you get waves of puking migrants.

FingO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 08:03:15 am »

If only mountainhomes and dark towers were around. You could infect the mountainhomes, retire, start a fortress, and then see if you get waves of puking migrants.

My head just exploded. This idea is the definition of awesome.

Somehow related: How is the continuity of this disease? If one town pukes and you retire, is the town still ill when starting a new char? If so, perhaps as a modification of above idea you could try to make a titan vomit, retire and embark near the titan shrine. I have to stress here that some things are more important than a dead titan. I vomiting titan.

"In Plaguemoments I slew a human over a week." - Em Kisstorments, administrator

"Can Kutsmob Pimplehate save the world?" was a legendary bone-bound book. The written portion consists of a 30 page essay entitled "Can Kutsmob Pimplehate save the world? authored by Kutsmob Pimplehate. It concerns the giving up on being a fishery worker of the goblin necromancer Kutsmob Pimplehate in Bristleseductions in 29. The writing has its moments of cleverness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 11:56:03 am »

You need to cleanse yourself in deep waters. Or blood, blood works too.

Just make sure you're completely covered, and the vomit cannot reinfect you.

Wait it out.

Headhanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 12:57:45 pm »

...you could try to make a titan vomit, retire and embark near the titan shrine...
I once had a Forgotten Beast - a towering humanoid composed of vomit. Getting that infected with the continuous vomit would be pretty damned crazy.

You need to cleanse yourself in deep waters. Or blood, blood works too.

Just make sure you're completely covered....
Covering yourself in blood? In Adventure Mode? I am not certain, sir, if that is even possible.

Oh wait...

blarg552

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 01:51:05 pm »

Just make sure you're completely covered, and the vomit cannot reinfect you.

I'd just like to point out that the ability to produce sentences like this is why I love DF.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 02:00:30 pm »

This is amazing.

Actually, i modded dwarfes to live in cities. So i totally can to do this.
humm...
But first i am going to infect all the goblin civs. If a manage to infect their leaders, they may appear in fortress mode in a siege  and start
puking, infecting their troops.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 02:56:44 pm by Broken »
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 03:25:38 pm »

"And so one day the mighty hero rode back into town, only to start vomiting. BLARARRH. Soon the towns people took up this new craze of their hero and it totally wasn't because he was cursed by the rain. BLEARRAGH. Yes, that was a holy day, the day of the BLEARRRHEH OH GOD WHY"
Blargh.

Headhanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2012, 05:21:45 pm »

I don't want to see the combat reports though.

That would be a lot of vomit announcements.

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2012, 06:49:46 pm »

I had this happen to one of my best Forts.
Anyone who remembers Roadtruss will remember the "Flooding of Vomit" infection that caused everyone in the fort to vomit themselves into a stupor.

The only way it was cured was a friend who used DFhack to purge the entire WORLD of the vomit.
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?
Pages: [1] 2