Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I'm trying to figure out how to butcher goblins for meat  (Read 2040 times)

goladith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I'm trying to figure out how to butcher goblins for meat
« on: July 04, 2012, 12:35:44 am »

I had already changed my raw files to allow my ethics to allow the eating of other sentient creatures, but I can't figure out how to actually make Urst McButcher chop up gobbo's and kobolds for lunch. Are there any other files I need to modify to do this?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I'm trying to figure out how to butcher goblins for meat
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 12:36:41 am »

I had already changed my raw files to allow my ethics to allow the eating of other sentient creatures, but I can't figure out how to actually make Urst McButcher chop up gobbo's and kobolds for lunch. Are there any other files I need to modify to do this?

You aint eating me, my associates maybe but not me. And second, did you turn all the "Senient blah blah blah" to ACCEPTABLE?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

goladith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 12:50:40 am »

You aint eating me, my associates maybe but not me. And second, did you turn all the "Senient blah blah blah" to ACCEPTABLE?

Under Ethics in "entity_default.txt" I changed Dwarves to

[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:ACCEPTABLE]

Are there changes elsewhere I need to make?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 02:29:37 am »

The trophy ethics also have to be changed I think.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

goladith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 03:08:58 am »

The trophy ethics also have to be changed I think.

Well, apparently as it, it works for elves, but they need to be killed in doors, I guess I need to change the way recovering stuff works outdoors.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 03:18:12 am »

I believe you need to regen your world, as the ethics are used on a race-wide level and can't be changed after the world is already generated.

goladith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 04:18:48 am »

I believe you need to regen your world, as the ethics are used on a race-wide level and can't be changed after the world is already generated.

I made sure to change them before I gen'd the world. But the issue I am having is them not wanting to get the bodies of dead sentient creatures outside, when they die inside they will go butcher them up NP, but outside they won't. Any idea how to change that?

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 04:24:25 am »

Orders->Refuse->Dwarfs ignore outside (something like this). Change to accept. Then they will drag that stuff in.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 11:26:37 am »

Well, apparently as it, it works for elves, but they need to be killed in doors, I guess I need to change the way recovering stuff works outdoors.
How did you get them inside your doors?

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 11:50:18 am »

Dump their bodies next to your butcher shops.
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

goladith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 12:56:39 pm »

Orders->Refuse->Dwarfs ignore outside (something like this). Change to accept. Then they will drag that stuff in.

I had already changed that, think I would need to enable collecting vermin outside as well? Because now there is a minotaur corpse I wanna eat, lol.

The way I got the elves inside was that they showed up as a caravan, and I had my exit bridge closed because of a ambush and a lack of military, so they went berserk with being unable to leave. So I sent some people after them set them up to wrestle, and they killed the elves pretty easily. Then the butcher chopped them up like Jeffery Dahmer did (bad taste?).

I tried setting them up to dump the bodies, they they aren't going outside to dump them either. I did disable my burrow, and the gates are open.

hiroshi42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 07:31:21 pm »

Do you have a refuse pile inside that accepts the remains?  I have found that dwarfs won't butcher bodies/bodyparts from outside.  You might be able to use a dump, but i have had hit and miss luck with this.
'Your' jetpack was last seen attached to a nuclear powered science tank on Mars.
It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarvern science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".

goladith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 07:45:01 pm »

Yeah, I think I got it figured out, I got a area set up for corpses, and now they seems to be pulling from there, they took the dead decayed stuff and cut it up and pulled the bones from them. Well, lets see what happens if I can get some fresh kills to use for this before they get rotted.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2012, 10:23:09 pm »

Go to 'o' and set "gather refuse from outside". Then they will fetch in corpses killed outside.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

goladith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 11:00:58 am »

Go to 'o' and set "gather refuse from outside". Then they will fetch in corpses killed outside.

If you saw one of my other posts here, you will see that had been changed. I had to set up a corpse stockpile inside the fort for them to be able to take the bodies and chop em up for bones and food.
Pages: [1] 2