Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: So, Gnomoria.  (Read 18691 times)

Wellincolin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So, Gnomoria.
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2012, 07:55:57 am »

Exchange endless possibilities for a GUI?
No, sir. I pass. We have Stonesense, anyway.

DF is the most abrangent game ever, and growing. In the extent of 13 years, the game will still enter beta and probably be released, considering Toady won't ever die since he is a God. It is possible it will get a GUI and much more stuff, it will be so mind-blowing that you'll need any type of futuristic helmet just so your mind won't be blown by it's awesomeness.

If there will ever be a zombie apocalypse, they will be playing DF and will develop intellect from doing so. Don't dare comparing it to anything else again.

Minecraft is fine. If you still want to compare them, though, two words: Dwarves > Humans.
"The WereAss collides with The Ostrich Cock!
The Ostrich Cock is knocked over and tumbles backward!

The Ostrich Cock is no longer stunned.
The Ostrich Cock stands up."

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2012, 09:04:18 pm »

Ah, the number of times I've given this rant on the minecraft forums... I remember when the minecraft forums used to be as good as these ones here (believe it or not). I've all but abandoned them now... at least this game is complex enough to keep out the immature 8 year olds
Fixed that for ya. ;)

Though, I have to agree that sometimes the search box doesn't.  It may depend on how the site is set up, of course, and I've encountered quite a few sites that either don't have, or don't take, the time necessary to get the search stuff fully set up.  There is also the possibility that the site has gotten big enough, database wise, that the query times out before the search has finished going through all the posts.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2012, 10:14:41 pm »

Ah, the number of times I've given this rant on the minecraft forums... I remember when the minecraft forums used to be as good as these ones here (believe it or not). I've all but abandoned them now... at least this game is complex enough to keep out the immature 8 year olds
Fixed that for ya. ;)

Though, I have to agree that sometimes the search box doesn't.  It may depend on how the site is set up, of course, and I've encountered quite a few sites that either don't have, or don't take, the time necessary to get the search stuff fully set up.  There is also the possibility that the site has gotten big enough, database wise, that the query times out before the search has finished going through all the posts.
REGARDLESS...

There is only 9 Search Results for Gnomoria, AND like I said before, Its the wrong forum to be posting about another game other then DF Fort Mode...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2012, 11:26:05 pm »

Fixed that for ya. ;)

REGARDLESS...

There is only 9 Search Results for Gnomoria, AND like I said before, Its the wrong forum to be posting about another game other then DF Fort Mode...
The eternal contradiction...
Start new topic - "Use the search!"
Use old topic - "Stop necroposting!"

Bringing up topics more than once is a Zen art that few can master. Besides, who doesn't like discussing spinoffs in the section for the original game? I remember this exact discussion happening on the Minecraft forums about Terraria last year. I ended up getting permabanned for blasting all the godawful suggestions (REMOVE IT DESTROYS TO A CACTUS etc) but it was definitely worth it.

My only question is, will you be able to grow dwarfblight in Gnomoria?
My wooden badge was delicious.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2012, 11:27:57 pm »

Fixed that for ya. ;)

REGARDLESS...

The last post in it was less than a week ago.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2012, 11:30:39 pm »

Fixed that for ya. ;)

REGARDLESS...

Clearly my forum powers have weakened. On an unrelated note, this post chain is scaring me.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2012, 12:14:51 am »

Fixed that for ya. ;)

REGARDLESS...

Clearly my forum powers have weakened. On an unrelated note, this post chain is scaring me.
POSTS FOR THE POST GOD.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2012, 12:16:57 am »

Fixed that for ya. ;)

REGARDLESS...

POSTS FOR THE POST GOD.
THREADS FOR THE THREAD THRONE.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2012, 01:36:26 pm »

Fixed that for ya. ;)

REGARDLESS...

POSTS FOR THE POST GOD.
This is an adamantine thread throne. All craftmanship is of the highest quality. On this item is a picture of gnomes and dwarves in postium. The gnomes a stealing the dwarves' ideas. The artwork relates to the creation of an inferior copy of DF by the gnomes during the Fourth Attempted Rip-Off in Bay12Forums.
On this item is a picture of forumites and newbs in postium. The forumites are angry. The newbs are confused. The artwork relates to the contradicting of each other by the forumites in Bay12Forums.
On the item is an (obligatory) image of an image of cheese.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2012, 04:39:42 pm »

Fixed that for ya. ;)

REGARDLESS...

POSTS FOR THE POST GOD.
This is an adamantine thread throne. All craftmanship is of the highest quality. On this item is a picture of gnomes and dwarves in postium. The gnomes a stealing the dwarves' ideas. The artwork relates to the creation of an inferior copy of DF by the gnomes during the Fourth Attempted Rip-Off in Bay12Forums.
On this item is a picture of forumites and newbs in postium. The forumites are angry. The newbs are confused. The artwork relates to the contradicting of each other by the forumites in Bay12Forums.
Ahh, quote pyeamid, you have returned! Question, Is postium magma-proof?

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2012, 04:41:21 pm »

Fixed that for ya. ;)

REGARDLESS...

POSTS FOR THE POST GOD.
I don't think postite is magma-safe in its unrefined form. However, it's looking pointy enough to weaponize. I vote we bridge-a-pult some babies onto it for science.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2012, 04:43:06 pm »

Fixed that for ya. ;)

REGARDLESS...

POSTS FOR THE POST GOD.

Some of it is. If smelted, it has a 5% chance of producing on bar of flaming postium. It also can produce memeium, lolcatium, modium, newbium, !!SCIENCIUM!!, etc.

Edit: Ninja'd
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2012, 04:45:15 pm »

Fixed that for ya. ;)

REGARDLESS...

POSTS FOR THE POST GOD.
Ahh, quote pyramid, you have returned! Question, Is postium magma-proof?
I don't think postite is magma-safe in its unrefined form. However, it's looking pointy enough to weaponize. I vote we bridge-a-pult some babies onto it for science.
Some of it is. If smelted, it has a 5% chance of producing on bar of flaming postium. It also can produce memeium, lolcatium, modium, newbium, !!SCIENCIUM!!, etc.

Edit: Ninja'd
Fix'd
Pages: 1 2 [3]