Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Armies of undead... elves?  (Read 1015 times)

Mohawk_Bravo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Armies of undead... elves?
« on: July 02, 2012, 11:43:17 pm »

So I've got myself a siege of undead elves, lead by some dwarven necromancers. I raised my defenses, and have my marksdwarves ready to snipe the undead, but I'm not sure how long I can hold out against the sixty or seventy undead elves that are coming. Does killing the necro have any effect on the army of undead or not?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armies of undead... elves?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 11:46:39 pm »

If the necro dies, another necro can revive him. Making a undead necromancer.

All it does is STOP the siege from being immortal.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 11:47:19 pm »

If they're led by a necro, by all means kill him ASAP.  You want stuff to stay down when you put it down, don't have him running around bringing everything back.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 11:51:52 pm »

If they're led by a necro, by all means kill him ASAP.  You want stuff to stay down when you put it down, don't have him running around bringing everything back.

I like to make sure I have all the necromancers found first. I prefer NOT to have zombiemancers running around.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Mohawk_Bravo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 11:53:18 pm »

Well I've only got about three marksdwarves, and a handful of 'adequate' iron equipped dwarves. I don't think I stand a chance at this point, but I'll try and butcher the two necros so that I can hold out as long as I can.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 11:56:11 pm »

Bonus points if you capture the necros and weaponize them, as any true dwarf would do.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Mohawk_Bravo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 11:58:56 pm »

Well, I've realized that I'm out of wood and a lack of barrels (because my dwarves have chosen to use barrels for fish and guts) has caused me to run out of booze storage, so my fortress is slowly dying of thirst... great.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 12:04:46 am »

Well, I've realized that I'm out of wood and a lack of barrels (because my dwarves have chosen to use barrels for fish and guts) has caused me to run out of booze storage, so my fortress is slowly dying of thirst... great.

You can use metal to forge barrels in an emergency.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Mohawk_Bravo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 12:08:30 am »

Yes, expect when it's a charcoal fueld industry and I have no wood and limited charcoal. Either way, I'm dead again because my military failed and I didn't have nough traps (seriously, 90 ****ing zombies on a 60 pop fort in a peaceful biome?). So I guess I'll just have to stop playing for awhile, every fort fails at the exact same point and it's a bit frustrating. Oh well, thanks anyways.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 12:21:27 am »

Craftsdwarf's workshop.  Rock pots also work as barrels, no wood nor wood byproducts required.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 12:55:48 am »

Contrary to what Corai said, zombified necromancers lack their resurrection powers. Target the necromancers first, or else you'll be facing an endless army of zombies and just be wasting your time and ammo.

PainRack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 09:27:14 am »

Alternatively, killing zombies and letting them be resurrected can be quite fun. Just make sure those killing them aren't axedwarves or even sword dwarves.

It was....... quite fun to watch my army get dragged down by zombie arms and legs. Although not so fun when my dogs/dwarves get zombiefied and my militia commander cuts them down, and then watch them get raised again...... zombies appear to have hammers as hands, in terms of their ability to punch through armour and do bruising damage.

Seriously. Get together a couple dwarven squads with crossbows and shoot them down, letting your dwarves do some close in work when they eventually get close. A tad difficult to engage, but nothing your bridges/doors can't solve.

I haven't survived a siege though:D

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 10:27:06 am »

Legs? I thought only graspy or heady parts could be reanimated!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mohawk_Bravo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 03:38:12 pm »

I did notice a substantial amount of damage done by zombie punches. I assume it's to compensate for them not having weapons, but it does get a little crazy. For example, I had a mule chained up near my moat to draw in sieges. Descending upon our helpless mule, I saw an explosion of body parts. Figuring the mule was a goner, I inspected the body parts, only to discover that a single punch had removed every single tooth of the mule and spread them across the field.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2012, 05:33:49 pm »

that's an issue with teeth exploding only, it's been reported. Rest assured, your dwarfs won't explode when hit in the body
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.
Pages: [1] 2