Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Mods  (Read 1170 times)

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
Adventure Mode Mods
« on: July 02, 2012, 09:15:09 pm »

Just curious about what mods / lack thereof people like to use. I know there is a ton of different ones available that add all kinds of extra stuff in, crafting wise and labor wise.

Kind of looking for stuff to add to my adventurer, make it feel a bit more complete (but still having tons of fun with vanilla!)

Iysif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Mods
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 01:20:15 pm »

I like the Wanderer's Friend mod. It adds a lot of crafting (such as making bolts so you don't run out) and adds more flavor to adventure mode. I'm currently trying to figure out how to butcher sentient creatures so I can make elves into clothes! I prefer Wanderer's Friend to Genesis (similar) because it doesn't really mess with Fortress Mode, which i haven't quite figured out yet..

Bronze Dog

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 07:34:25 pm »

Thinking about doing some adventure mode, myself, so I'm also curious what's out there. I'll look up Wanderer's Friend while I'm here. And probably some guides.

Been tweaking Kobold Camp a bit for personal flavor. Got a mental image of my kobold adventurer wearing hunting trophies he made, like necklaces made from monster teeth.
Bronze Dog has been feeling rather happy lately. He is fond of scimitars, black bronze, turquoise, and kobolds for their underdog status.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 07:41:54 pm »

Thinking about doing some adventure mode, myself, so I'm also curious what's out there. I'll look up Wanderer's Friend while I'm here. And probably some guides.

Been tweaking Kobold Camp a bit for personal flavor. Got a mental image of my kobold adventurer wearing hunting trophies he made, like necklaces made from monster teeth.

Corai approves of this post.

---

Wanderer's Friend like Iysif said. NOTHING is better then starting as a goblin adventurer and building up from your kills.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 07:58:18 pm »

I like my Dragon Ball and Homestuck mods, but that's some obvious bias :P

I'd say my favorite are Dwarf Chocolate (by far the best that I've played) and Nchardahrk (again, some bias; I updated it to 34.whatever-it-was-at-the-time)