Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reclaiming Fortress: Forgotten Beast(s) !!@!!  (Read 2009 times)

agvkrioni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reclaiming Fortress: Forgotten Beast(s) !!@!!
« on: July 02, 2012, 06:36:54 pm »

A Forgotten Beast destroyed my fortress. If I Reclaim and it's still there, what then? Will it always be there? Do I have to into the game in adventurer mode and try to kill it?

EDIT: Make that two Forgotten Beasts...
EDIT#2: Make that 3 Forgotten Beasts........
EDIT#3: Four. Four Forgotten Beasts. I'm starting to think this is bugged.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 06:44:53 pm by agvkrioni »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reclaiming Fortress: Forgotten Beast
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 06:37:44 pm »

It'll probably respawn in the caverns somewhere, waiting for you.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reclaiming Fortress: Forgotten Beast(s) !!@!!
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 06:48:41 pm »

No, just bring an entire squad of 7 military dorfs.

agvkrioni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 07:05:07 pm »

Tried starting out with 7 warriordwarves but they all die, just like the regular ones. Got rid of all items they brought with them except for some food, war dogs, and a couple of warhammers, trained 2 in almost max warhammer skill, them and everyone else in basic warhammering as well as armoring, dodging, fighting. They lose. 4 Beasts. 4 of them. Crazy.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 07:14:10 pm »

Train up an adventurer and kill them that way. Is there surface access to the fort?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

agvkrioni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 07:23:05 pm »

Surface access to fort, yes. But its on a volcanic island in the sea. Gonna have to swim there...

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 08:01:17 pm »

Alas, do not despair!

Drink some vampire blood, get some good armor, get some idiots followers, and charge!!!
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 08:23:57 pm »

Alas, do not despair!

Drink some vampire blood, get some good armor, get some idiots followers, and charge!!!

followers swim?  ;)
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

agvkrioni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 08:30:21 pm »

They bob...

I am Leo

• Bay Watcher
  • Ia ia Oggez Rashaz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 07:47:42 am »

Reclaim with a squad of marksdwarves with war dogs.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 09:34:35 am »

I once tried repeatedly to reclaim a fortress into which the game had teleported three forgotten beasts from the caverns.  Nothing worked.  I even tried using DFHack's autodump to claim and bring close to the new occupants the military equipment that they needed from the fortress's own supplies.  A pack of war dogs died almost instantly.  I finally concluded that the only way a fortress of that sort can be reclaimed is by having generated the world with maximum embark points to begin with.  Do normal embarks with fewer than 2000 points, and when reclaiming use the full 10000 for military skills, equipment, and war dogs.  But that didn't save that fortress of mine, because the points had to be there at world generation.

If you are really committed to getting this one back, you can repeatedly send wagons in each with a partial set of gear and a suicide team, until you have enough to fully equip seven Dwarves with steel.  The stuff doesn't scatter from the wagons on reclaim.  Unforbid it, equip them, and go at it.  It may take a couple of dozen wagons, though.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

agvkrioni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 03:21:58 pm »

I'll try that, thanks Slink. It was a good fort. I think I want it back.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 03:29:58 pm »

You can sort of increase your embark points without a regen by lowering the material values of things you'd like to have a lot of, and then changing them back upon embark. If you edit embark profiles directly you can get three Proficient skills on each dwarf.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

agvkrioni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 04:33:52 pm »

There are so many wounds on one of the FB's (haven't checked the others). One out of 4 is dead. One has 4 pages of wounds (in red) and a whole page of scars (in gray). Still won't go down. Sending wave after wave.

EDIT: Two more waves and the fortress was reclaimed. Only 2 dwarves survived their resulting wounds. One of the FB's shot out a cloud of insta-rot, taking most of them. Even the survivors had miasmic wounds. One went insane and after wandering around and slaughtering all the animals left, killed the last sane dwarf. I'm waiting for him to die of thirst and the Civilization to Crumble before I Reclaim with a real team and start cleaning the mess up.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 06:21:02 pm by agvkrioni »

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2012, 07:18:51 pm »

Cool!   :D
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.