Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Yay, Killed Me First Vampire.  (Read 7987 times)

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
Re: Yay, Killed Me First Vampire.
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2012, 08:56:06 pm »

Anyway, I personally think Vampires are the easiest quests aside from animals and werebeasts.
Werebests are virtually always a naked fool and never transformed and you just waltz in and beat the hell out of them.
Animals are usually predators which are almost always much weaker than the herbivores.  I recently got sent to kill a dingo, a lone singular dingo...
Vampires are wussies because you can call them out from a distance and let the horde of peasantry ream them.  You personally need not fight 99% of vampires, you just accuse from a distance and wait till they get killed.

The hardest things are:
Bronze Colossus cause virtually nothing can actually slay it.
Necro towers unless you are a vampire.  Namely because of the sheer number of zombies often just opening the door lets 4 zombies claw at you in one turn.
Mummies are scary as hell and the armored variant are just hellish.
Finding that damn guy in the sewer, often I end up killing like 3-4 other bounties before I find the real target of the search, if I find it at all.

Also here is neo's patent method to kill bandit leaders.
1. Bring huge army.
2. Set huge army loose upon equal bandit army.
3. Walk behind your guys so that the bandit archers pick them up as targets and thereafter fire at them till target is dead.
4. While they are distracted solo assassinate the bandit leader.
5. If there is any loot nearby that you must have, try to grab it, unless it is near archers.
6. Run like a bitch and leave your troops behind.  If they are mobile some may even escape with you.  ALWAYS ignore remaining opponents.

This solve most of my bandit camp death issues as I usually died either A from bolts in the initial rush or B from bolts after killing the leader.

Things that seem hard but are not.
Dragons, mainly a horde of assistants is able to disable these.
Hydras, meatshields to distract it while you crack heads.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2012, 09:28:49 am »

My tactic for fighting dragons and basically everything that is only one dangerous thing (useful as an unskilled peasant who claimed the credit for townsfolk killing a vampire and was sent after something not a town vampire):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2012, 09:33:42 am »

If we're sharing dragonfighting techniques, then I will tell you of the most deadly technique of all: (if someone wants to draw this, it would be cool) Throw a cat head a the beast (don't ask where you got it), then ressurect it. The cat head, being a cat and pissed off, will then bite the dragon's throat out and leave it dying in a pool of it's own feces, then rub against your ankle like the perfect pet.

EDIT: DERP, forget about the drawing thing; wrong thread.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 12:38:29 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TheBlueSteel

• Bay Watcher
  • This user menaces with spikes of sarcasm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2012, 09:52:38 am »

If we're sharing dragonfighting techniques, then I will tell you of the most deadly technique of all: (if someone wants to draw this, it would be cool) Throw a cat head a the beast (don't ask where you got it), then ressurect it. The cat head, being a cat and pissed off, will then bite the dragon's throat out and leave it dying in a pool of it's own feces, then rub against your ankle like the perfect pet.

This is much akin to what I do with Hydras: cut off head, reanimate. Dead Hydra.

On a side note, why are disembodied heads so badass?!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2012, 10:17:19 am »

This is much akin to what I do with Hydras: cut off head, reanimate. Dead Hydra.

On a side note, why are disembodied heads so badass?!
Have you ever seen The Thing? The scene with the spider legs and their growing? Question answered. How else do they move around?
Sig! Onol

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2012, 04:07:36 pm »

The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2012, 04:50:40 pm »

I like vampires that rise to power. Go to the keep they reside in, accuse them, watch a civil war explode in the building as the cultists and the loyalists kill each other.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2012, 05:02:16 pm »

Even better if you're a necromancer. Then you can raise the bodies of the dead and watch as the living fight against the dead AND each other! What fun!
Sig! Onol

Ironlion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2012, 06:02:03 am »

I like vampires that rise to power. Go to the keep they reside in, accuse them, watch a civil war explode in the building as the cultists and the loyalists kill each other.

In my current world, the King of Oil of Chacing, born -76, is 1076 years old.  I just wonder what will happen when I go confront him!  I've done a few minor human officials who were vampires but a king is a whole different beast...

Taking a look at the history file, it seems quite a lot of my kings are vampires!   I find this a little troublesome, actually; perhaps it's upped just a bit too much.

Especially considering only one kingdom doesn't have a vampire king..  The humans did better:  they also had two demons and...a cave fish man for kings. 
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 06:59:13 am by Ironlion »
Other monsters crowded around me, continually attacking.  I treated them politely, offering the edge of my razor-sharp sword; but the feast, I think, did not please them.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2012, 06:05:23 pm »

Law-givers are the equivalent of the king/queen in human civs. I've mostly found law-givers, but the humans can be led by a king/queen as well, just in case you didn't know.

Yeah, it seems vampires always have monopolies on the throne when it comes to civs. It's pretty funny.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2012, 03:25:25 am »

I have never had myself or a companion kill a vampire. They're always been stabbed to death by the 7+ peasants surrounding them as soon as I called them out. Interestingly enough, one of them was actually a lord in a castle, so this unarmed old man ended up being killed by his own bodyguard of 4 elite soldiers.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 04:53:37 am »

Recently when attempting to test some... things...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I encountered what appeared to be a coven of vampires. Literally everyone in the keep of the human civ's main city was a vampire of one sort or another, fortunately I was sufficiently stacked on werebeast blood to be able to become resistant to their attacks, but it was quite odd to see that many on one place.

Oh, naturally the city was also completely depopulated, so they were the only living citizens.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2012, 03:28:15 pm »

I've had soem scary encounters with vampires: Once, the target in question was an axelord. She blew right through me, all my companions, and all the peasants in town. I don't remember whether she was ever finally defeated, but I had to crawl away in terror. I was just lucky she didn't have the chacne to finish me off.

There was another similarly tough vampire that did some ungodly damage to the peasants in the cabin with it, but I did eventually fight it down.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 [2]