Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dehydration  (Read 4782 times)

IIzTrollin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dehydration
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 11:05:46 pm »

i had every plant being brewed and i had barrels on repeat to fill my need for booz and cooked food... iunno what the hell happend, could it have been from the water freezing... wait i think i figured it out. could it be my drinks froze? even though they were inside? there was no doors just bridges?

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 11:17:27 pm »

No.

Can you get us a screenshot of the screen that comes up when you press z?
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

IIzTrollin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 11:34:52 pm »

damn i thought i figured it out and yeah give me a second. i started a new for on a differnt world after the tantrum spiral, i rembarked in teh same spot but it was too much of a mess. the booz and everything is still there just dont have the 100% accurate count, i had alot of plants and food :P none of that is from my embarking agian, also what is "other"? i had a lot of prepared food is that it?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 11:35:47 pm »

>1000 plants

I suck at farming. I have never had more then 30 plants at once.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

IIzTrollin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 11:42:14 pm »

i was in a jungle basically i had 3 people on gather plants and i made sure they were busy 24/7, had 2 legendary farmers, and all 3 were legendary plant gatherers. along with 1 dedicated area (hold shift) all for plump helmets i had a lot of food. it was the best ive done recently (i suck bad :P) and then the winter came *dun dun dun* for some reason they wouldn't drink my booz lost 30 then tantrums started... so i just abandoned :P

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 11:44:49 pm »

Your booze supply, while it should be okay for 7, is way, way too low for having that many plants, and was presumably way too low for your previous fortress.  You should be aiming for about 10 drinks available per dwarf at all times.

Did you get a lot of job cancellation announcements last time around?  Do you do anything special with your food stockpiles?

My guess is your brewers kept getting haulblocked and cancelling their repeat brew jobs soon after you issued orders and then ignored them assuming things were getting back on track.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

IIzTrollin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 11:54:33 pm »

i think i got up to around 200 drinks for 100 dwarfs, and it stopped i figured it would last a while, and then i made sure my barrels were on repeat once it got down to about 20 and the brewer was brewing and stuff may have just got too low and he couldnt keep up... so you suggest 2 brewers? or more

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2012, 12:00:20 am »

One brewer should be enough as long as you have enough supplies for him to work with, he doesn't get distracted with other labors (certainly no hauling, probably shouldn't have any other skilled jobs either) and he's not getting haulblocked.  To prevent haulblocking, have any stockpile that accepts plants which you intend to brew allow 0 barrels.  That way you don't have the brewer set his sights on a plump helmet in a barrel, then a hauler grabs the barrel and runs off to collect another plant, and the brewer sees the plump helmet is gone and cancels the job altogether.

And 200 drinks for 100 dwarves won't last a while.  200 drinks for 100 dwarves is well into crisis territory.  I don't think you should have any less than 5 drinks available per dwarf, and I find any less than 8 per dwarf gives me a dangerously thin margin to last out emergencies.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 12:02:56 am by weenog »

IIzTrollin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2012, 12:03:24 am »

ok, thanks for the help ill try that next time. im not having luck on my restarts now either >.< i suck at this game but its all !fun! O_o

IIzTrollin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2012, 12:35:23 am »

>1000 plants

i have a problem with hunting my hunters never want to go out and actually hunt :|

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2012, 12:39:34 am »

Vegetarian dwarves?  Inspect their beards.  If they look like
<- that,
they may not be genuine.  If this turns out to be the case, check their willingness to chop down trees indiscriminately.  You may have a bigger problem than you know...

parlor_tricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://noyb
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2012, 12:40:21 am »

>1000 plants

i have a problem with hunting my hunters never want to go out and actually hunt :|

Hunters = has arrows is true?

Also, hunters = has hunting dogs = very cool.

Also hunters = hunting lions = lions kill hunters = much fun.

IIzTrollin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2012, 12:42:09 am »

ive had bolts and everything they just dont do it... i guess nothing is out to hun?

they weres till choppin trees up to the dehydration problem i was working on deforesting the map but the trees grow back too fast prolly a good thing

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2012, 08:41:47 am »

Looks like you need to set a book keeper to work to find out how much you really have.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Dwarfinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2012, 09:48:58 am »

If the dwarves cannot even reach the booze it may be that an up/down staircase got replaced with a down staircase. That happened to me.
Mwah ha ha ha ha....
Pages: 1 [2] 3