Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: ENCUMBERANCE!!!!!!! (Aka why are these things so goddamn heavy?)  (Read 8100 times)

weedeat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ENCUMBERANCE!!!!!!! (Aka why are these things so goddamn heavy?)
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2012, 03:27:19 pm »

One thing that has stood out to me is the weight of coins and crossbow bolts. 40+ bolts or a few bags of coin can literally half your speed. Realistic, but limiting for those who rely on sneaking/bows/throwing.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2012, 03:32:29 pm »

HAH, armor. Armor is for people who don't dual wield with max dodge skill man. In all seriousness though, I usually get at least high strength, and I never get encumbered that much. Are you playing a dorf or an elf? I think they can carry less than humans before getting encumbered.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2012, 04:22:11 pm »

One thing that has stood out to me is the weight of coins and crossbow bolts. 40+ bolts or a few bags of coin can literally half your speed. Realistic, but limiting for those who rely on sneaking/bows/throwing.

Go into the raws and change the size of bolts from 150 to something smaller, the weight of the bolts in game will change significantly. Stacks of 30 bolts now weigh like 17 urists or so.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2012, 02:53:28 pm »

If your pack is heavy, a good first attack in combat is to throw it at your target. If your throwing is high enough, this can do significant damage.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Zale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2012, 10:33:34 pm »

If your pack is heavy, a good first attack in combat is to throw it at your target. If your throwing is high enough, this can do significant damage.

I normally drop them, but that is so much more awesome that I'm doing that from now on.

KrEstoF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2012, 02:30:22 am »

Go into the raws and change the size of bolts from 150 to something smaller, the weight of the bolts in game will change significantly. Stacks of 30 bolts now weigh like 17 urists or so.

If you change weight of bolts, wouldn't that reduce their damage as well?

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2012, 02:40:23 pm »

If you change weight of bolts, wouldn't that reduce their damage as well?

Oh, I never thought about that. Maybe we could arena test it or something?

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2012, 07:14:07 pm »

If a bolt is stopped by armor then it turns into a blunt attack. The mass --including size-- affects the damage of blunt weapons.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2012, 02:31:43 pm »

Speaking of the weight of coins, is it ever feasible to use coins as throwing weapons? I've tried to shed some copper coins that way before, but I always get that "but the attack passes right the fuck through" message, which doesn't make a terrible amount of sense to me.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2012, 02:32:20 pm »

Speaking of the weight of coins, is it ever feasible to use coins as throwing weapons? I've tried to shed some copper coins that way before, but I always get that "but the attack passes right the fuck through" message, which doesn't make a terrible amount of sense to me.

It USED to be feasible, not anymore though.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2012, 10:52:44 pm »

My adventurer at the moment is a legendary crutchwalker and swimmer. Whenever he jumps into the water, his speed goes up by about three hundred points. He's also a high master armour user.

When he's on foot, it doesn't ever go above 1680, but in the water it can go up to ~1980 or something. So, swimming places and fighting in water is his preferred thing.

It's weird.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2012, 11:46:14 pm »

I typically avoid any armor heavier than leather and carry a metric fuckton of shields. Still lighter, and better for my characters, since I emphasise speed and agility over brute force....which is ironic given my username.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2012, 04:50:03 pm »

My adventurer at the moment is a legendary crutchwalker and swimmer. Whenever he jumps into the water, his speed goes up by about three hundred points. He's also a high master armour user.

When he's on foot, it doesn't ever go above 1680, but in the water it can go up to ~1980 or something. So, swimming places and fighting in water is his preferred thing.

It's weird.
Obviously the lack of legs has turned your adventurer into a merperson.
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.
Pages: 1 2 [3]