Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Planet Explorers - New Voxel Game (early alpha)  (Read 28323 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Planet Explorers - New Voxel Game (early alpha)
« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2016, 02:17:03 am »

It got some type of crazy 3,000 damage or something insane.

I'm seeing 269 attack in the screenshot you linked, which is not terribly hard to obtain, especially when you use a golden blade and copper hilt.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2016, 02:15:32 pm »

I think the math has changed since then, it used to be closer to like 120's for damage, I want to say.  So 300's on a sword was crazy.

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2016, 05:19:25 pm »

I saw this pop-up on Steam.

Is this worth getting? From what I understand, its like an MMO but singleplayer from what someone said in their steam review? Or is that wrong? Is there a lot to do and work toward?

It looks cool, and very sci-fi feel to it. Doesn't cost much either.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2016, 10:36:13 pm »

I saw this pop-up on Steam.

Is this worth getting? From what I understand, its like an MMO but singleplayer from what someone said in their steam review? Or is that wrong? Is there a lot to do and work toward?

It looks cool, and very sci-fi feel to it. Doesn't cost much either.

It would be difficult to draw comparisons to an MMO, since most MMO's have structured zones where PE has an open sandbox, and most MMO's have abilities on cooldowns where PE combat is more freeform action. PE does have NPC's who give quests and dungeons to raid however, so there are some MMO aspects. It's more of a survival/progression experience though, with an emphasis on creating your own structures, vehicles, and weapons. If you enjoy exploration and creation, then it's definitely worth the purchase. If you are hyper-critical of voiceover quality and occasional minor bugs however, you might not consider PE worthwhile.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 15, 2016, 12:45:52 am »

I mean, PE is strictly not an MMO.  It compares closer to minecraft than anything else.  It's got base-building and crafting and monsters with simple 'point and click attack' style combat.  But the building is intricate, and the scenery is astounding.  The world itself is just great.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2017, 08:27:44 am »

Not sure if anyone is still following/playing this, but the next update will include the ability to ride animals - with the screenshot shows a guy riding a firebear. They meant to include it in an update today, but an animation error threw their schedule off.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]